Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
In my 33 years of gaming, I have never once thought to myself "I wish this game had a climbing mechanic"

Assassins creed and mirrors edge are the only two I’ve ever played where I thought “hey this ain’t bad” when climbing. Everything else has not needed it or sucked. There’s a reason why some games let you hold a button to slide down or ascend faster.

Also underwater sucks except Ecco the Dolphin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Climbing in the Uncharted series was pretty good

• 1Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Will we have climbing thats affected by weather? It would be dope to slide back down after 30 minutes of climbing because it started to rain.

• 4Worf
  • 1Midwit
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Will we have climbing thats affected by weather? It would be dope to slide back down after 30 minutes of climbing because it started to rain.

Its also going to be affected by which direction you are facing while climbing, weight, wind, elevation, feet items, gloves, day of the week, season, and your perception skill. It’s going to be fucking lit.

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Its also going to be affected by which direction you are facing while climbing, weight, wind, elevation, feet items, gloves, day of the week, season, and your perception skill. It’s going to be fucking lit.

And then it will break 2 months in and they'll just never fix it.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
In my 33 years of gaming, I have never once thought to myself "I wish this game had a climbing mechanic"
You have to be able to climb upwards before you can become one of the Fallen

I expect GREAT THINGS from this game

200w.gif

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There are plenty of things that I wish games did better - but when we go back to combat thats automatic to an extent (ex. EverQuest, this, etc.) I always wished that swinging a weapon had a more direct impact on the opposing enemy. If he dodged my f'n sword, why is he standing still? The only thing I have no idea about is how a monster would react to multiple people hitting it at the same time. But then, that begs the question... how is this NPC dodging attacks from all of us at the same time? One thing to be super human, but thats a bit extreme.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Who says they're dodging? Perhaps they're just that hearty and can shrug your punk ass weapon swings off cuz you're weaker than hell

dizzie

Triggered Happy
There's plenty of games that climbing feels good in, Tomb Raider, Prince of Persia and the like but those are faster action platformy orientated games. Climbing works in those game as it fits in with the location and character.

This is going to be a group of 6 people climbing a wall whilst being attacked by a bunch of winged harpies or something. Mez the harpies or it they'll fireball us off the wall type shit. Anything more than that would be too time-consuming to make in an MMO. Just seems like a massive waste of dev time and resources.

I hope they don't plan in implementing flying mounts at some point as that will almost certainly destroy the work they did on it. Players love flying mounts, they sell games and can make travel a much more pleasurable experience down the road once travelling becomes stale.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hope they don't plan in implementing flying mounts at some point as that will almost certainly destroy the work they did on it. Players love flying mounts, they sell games and can make travel a much more pleasurable experience down the road once travelling becomes stale.
4gs1fr.jpg

• 9Worf
Reactions: 8 users