Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Tempted to donate at the $500 level just to name something Siliusucksasaurus and eventually get booted from the in-game dev guild.

The most exciting part for me is ogres are confirmed?

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Not sure what I was expecting, but that kickstarter video was pretty lame. I donated $45, but I'd be surprised if this gets even close to being funded.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
The low target ensures it succeeds as a KS I guess. Let me know if the game hits 3-4m though I guess.
(or 8m to remove water content)
That's what get's me. He can't realistically expect to fund his studio over a 2-3 year development cycle on just 800k. He's either praying that the KS shatters that or he's got something else up his sleeve.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I REALLY think Brad needs to re-evaluate the Alpha level tier. Put that shit up at the $150-$300 mark and you will have FAR more cashflow coming in!

I am most likely going in for $500, unless they can sweeten the deal for the $1000. I'd most likely create a raid encounter based on the best group ideas from RR forum pals.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
So the first 3 tiers(not including the donate 10 bucks just for the hell of it) only add up to around 400,000 when you take into account the limited spots. After that, it's 85 bucks min for something. They should really have an unlimited 'digital copy' category without beta access etc.
Yeah this is key if they want it funded.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
$7.8 million, We fire Sillius! Sold.

They need a $20 digital copy at release, with unlimited cap. They won't get funded with the current stuff.

I REALLY think Brad needs to re-evaluate the Alpha level tier. Put that shit up at the $150-$300 mark and you will have FAR more cashflow coming in!
I agree that Alpha access is too cheap, but honestly, there aren't enough pledges to fund this thing to even its first stretch goal, so what does it really matter I wonder.

Caliane

That's what get's me. He can't realistically expect to fund his studio over a 2-3 year development cycle on just 800k. He's either praying that the KS shatters that or he's got something else up his sleeve.
a successful KS may be leverage for attracting venture capital?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
150 is the sweet spot IMO. I like a lot of what I heard. Quaids concerns were the same as mine. But I don't expect to love everything of any game regardless of who's behind it. Overall it's the right amount of ambition in today's current mmo space considering the limited funding.

One other thing is the possibly of additional funding. I'm assuming Brad learned from Microsoft so im hoping if there comes a day a big company decided to add funding he keeps complete say over everything In regards to this project.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I agree that Alpha access is too cheap, but honestly, there aren't enough pledges to fund this thing to even its first stretch goal, so what does it really matter I wonder.
I assumed it was a mistake (Limiting the lower levels) and will be fixed soon.... or maybe to create excitement?

Possibly just a test, to prove to Smed/SOE to fund him?
If that's true, and that's highly speculative, then he's taking a real gamble with alienating his target audience that might hold SOE responsible for crapping all over EQ1 and VG. There's a number of people who would not be happy if SOE got it's paws on the game. I mean, there's always the fear they tell him PRotF isn't marketed enough to the general masses, right?

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
Those reward tiers need some work. Alpha and Beta access are too cheap, and why isn't there a tier for just a copy of the final game? I know they can add more tiers, but that should be there from the beginning, imo.

Caliane

I am most likely going in for $500, unless they can sweeten the deal for the $1000. I'd most likely create a raid encounter based on the best group ideas from RR forum pals.
Across the board, this is probably true.
Alpha could be like 150 to 300 as you say.

PoE create/name an item $1000
here $300.

10k to design a dungeon, (including paying for travel)
that could be like 30k. especially when limited to 3.

10k for design a boss instead.

Vandraad_sl

shitlord
I went in for the $150 mark. As much as I'd love to design a dungeon, parting with $10k in one chunk would be extremely painful.

EDIT: I'll retract the pledge if there isn't a Shaman class with abilities/spells akin to the EQ1 Shaman. Best class ever.