Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

tad10

Elisha Dushku
But it will be focused and not for everyone!
Agree with treesong needed more on old school aspects explained: trinity and slower leveling. Disagree on this - he was pretty specific in one of the videos: instances are for when they want a story dungeon. Otherwise non instanced.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Couple other things I'm noticing that just twist a knife in my heart... GPS mini map in UI... "SLASH"/"BANG" coming up over the mob's head in combat...

Aradune_sl

shitlord
Brad, the in game screenshots use 100% placeholder art i assume? You should probably make that clear on the KS page, some guys are already complaining about the "horrible gfx"
wink.png
Yes, they're placeholder. The primary goal was to start building the game right away, develop a working combat prototype, etc.

delirium_sl

shitlord
Couple other things I'm noticing that just twist a knife in my heart... GPS mini map in UI... "SLASH"/"BANG" coming up over the mob's head in combat...
That GPS things looks to be more of a way to see what NPCs are in your general vacinity, doesnt appear to be a map, more like a radar.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
I find it funny that their last stretch goal is really more of a warning sign. DO NOT HIT THIS POINT.
Whats with all the anti-boat/water events? I think it sounds frikkin cool. I will however admit, I wasn't a huge fan of KK. I just went in enough to get my epic drop and never went back haha. But if $6.7 gets me boats I'm hoping he hits it eventually.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
KS looks pretty good. I'll throw $45 at it. You guys talking about how the pledges won't add up to the funded amount are forgetting they can add more and that having a lowish number gives a sense of scarcity.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Disagree on this - he was pretty specific in one of the videos: instances are for when they want a story dungeon. Otherwise non instanced.
And someone who likes instances heard that instancing will be used for important content, and over world dungeons will be used as fluff to get there. Whatever you can say of Brad? He's obviously been pitching ideas for a while, he's good at it. I've had a lot of practice in this particular area :p, luring in capital is a specific skill; we can smell our own.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You guys talking about how the pledges won't add up to the funded amount are forgetting they can add more and that having a lowish number gives a sense of scarcity.
True that, Lord Tuco.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
The biggest problem with the Kickstarter page is you don't get too good a sense of how different it will actually be from the myriad of WoW clones that have come and gone over the years. If I didn't know much about EQ or VG and saw this page it would seem like a pretty standard MMO to me.

Very early in the page you should make it more clear what the design principles are; something like:

- More content from 1-50 than other MMO's, not just a race to max level
- Non instanced dungeons/content
- Soloing not the primary method for leveling, no standard quest hub grinds.
- Most low to mid level mobs will not be a cake walk like other MMO's

More specifics and not "the game will be harder".

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
Whats with all the anti-boat/water events? I think it sounds frikkin cool. I will however admit, I wasn't a huge fan of KK. I just went in enough to get my epic drop and never went back haha. But if $6.7 gets me boats I'm hoping he hits it eventually.
Mainly because no one has ever done it right. Not even close. Water content pretty much always sucks. Ships, islands, sailing etc is all good stuff, but underwater zones can blow me.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
They really should of called the $45 pledge the "Early Bird Alpha" Tier. Then once it fills up, create a new Tier at $100 for the same thing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Mainly because no one has ever done it right. Not even close. Water content pretty much always sucks. Ships, islands, sailing etc is all good stuff, but underwater zones can blow me.
GW2 tried soooo hard to get it right even to the point of giving underwater breathing, super fast swimming, crystal clear underwater vision and OP underwater abilities. But it was still a hassle. There's just nothing that underwater combat brings to the table.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
The biggest problem with the Kickstarter page is you don't get too good a sense of how different it will actually be from the myriad of WoW clones that have come and gone over the years. If I didn't know much about EQ or VG and saw this page it would seem like a pretty standard MMO to me.

Very early in the page you should make it more clear what the design principles are; something like:

- More content from 1-50 than other MMO's, not just a race to max level
- Non instanced dungeons/content
- Soloing not the primary method for leveling, no standard quest hub grinds.
- Most low to mid level mobs will not be a cake walk like other MMO's

More specifics and not "the game will be harder".
I think he did a fine job of simply explaining the game without getting into the weeds Day 1 of the KS.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
GW2 tried soooo hard to get it right even to the point of giving underwater breathing, super fast swimming, crystal clear underwater vision and OP underwater abilities. But it was still a hassle. There's just nothing that underwater combat brings to the table.
Needs some Rift Support and whale mounts.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
There should be one underwater zone in every game--as a kind of developer ward or cautionary tale. The zone should have like +200% experience and amazing loot, just so whenever a developer says he wants to make another underwater zone, he can be pulled aside and shown how empty this zone is despite the amazing rewards. Then he'll lower his head sadly, before admitting the idea was bad and he should feel bad. (You should feel bad, Brad, for Kedge. I was a mage and I still hate you for that.)