Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Quaid

Trump's Staff
look at it this way, we still have P99 and all the other private servers still. :p
Yaaaaaaaay....

I want anewgame
frown.png

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Ok, so Pantheon brought in 7.1% of its goal on the first day. Here's how some other noteworthy Kickstarters preformed:

The Mighty Number 9 1st Day: 18.% of goal.

Camelot Unchained 1st Day: 27.5% of goal.

Pathfinder Online 1st Day: 35.4% of goal.

Now, that doesn't mean Pantheon is necessarily sunk. Some games can pull it out. TakeWorlds of Magic for instance, it got around 5%. But this does show you how hard it might be to get the $800k let alone any stretch goals like monks, bards, pvp, etc.
I pledged and followed the Pathfinder Online KS very closely for the 30 days it ran and it was close, but they made it(1 million goal). Even though Ryan Dancy seems to be disliked by some (or many) I found their whole presentation of PFO much more specific and energizing. The tiers were good and they added a TON of stuff over the month, also lots of pyhsical stuff (something Pantheon can still do off course).

Now PFO has the franchise behind it and basic funding was already secured(Paizo, not sure though), but Brad and Co also have a following so their kickstarters seem somewhat comparable. With PFO I at least got a good idea of what Dancy and Co are trying to accomplish (not exaclyt Eve in a Fantasy-setting but something like it) and their enthusiasm was obvious. They presented clear features, goals and a timeline.

Pledges really slowed down in the middle of the KS, however they added a lot of stuff that were actually pledge-goals within the 1 million goal and that worked: they continously pumped out new additions that were added to the pledge-tiers which kept the momentum of the KS going. The pledge-goals of Pantheon are ridiculously out of reach imo; unless they add extra stuff for every 100k that gets reached before they hit 800k, I can see this KS have a much harder time in the middle then even PFO, and possibly fizzle before the end.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
You have some links for reference? It's pretty easy to see what they're in need of, but random internet people telling them to hire them with a couple of paragraphs describing their problems isn't much of a sales pitch.
You can look at the layout for Junkiesnation.com, I nearly designed the concept for that. You can also dig through a bunch of old guides and article's I've made up over the years. A KS page is essentially a guide to your game that you are promoting that you also build up from as the KS progresses. Like I said, it's all about font, color, size, proportions and the proper written text. Presentation is like 80% of anything.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I am torn, on one hand those screens/gameplay remind me of vanguard alpha with better lighting, on the other I really loved vanguard and I guess I still do in many ways but we all know how it turned out.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I know he does, but I've been around for years. To new people that aren't as familiar with this boards community, he may just look like random internet person_01.

He described what needed to be done to make a better sales pitch, without providing his own sales pitch ><
If Brad is actually interested (I very much doubt he is, but you never know), he can email me/PM me for details.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dunno. Maybe I don't follow KS enough but I'm not that worried. They have a lot of info still to put out plus PC gamer article. I think people are dead on about cleaning up the KS but I think old school nation will get this funded in the end!

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
No he doesn't. Teljair does. Draegan is just a blog mogul. That is fine to get a kickstarter fixed though.
This is technically true, I'm not a web developer. I don't do nuts and bolts web development, but I know what I want and how it needs to look. I'm all content and visual design.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Presentation IS everything, and sadly this kickstarter is like back alley Sally.

Check this quote from from somethingawful....

Seriously, that video was horrendous. The sound was completely fucked (that's why they had to CC it), McQuaid was clearly ad-libbing (not well) and some people were reading straight from a script (not well). The screenshots looked like shit and they showed the same thing over and over. If their proposal is that shitty, I can only imagine how the finished product will turn out (if it ever does).

The KS tiers need work in all areas.

For instance, how good is the ring? We have no idea by the description. Is it something that grows with your character, or something you will discard by level 10. The lack of any kind of description on these tiers seems like it wasn't well thought out. For a decent chunk of change, there shouldn't be descriptions which are so vague or ambiguous tied to these tiers. Make them more clear, and add tangible rewards which players value more (ie things you get to keep which are significant -- not just your name on some in game plaque).

I think when you compare the tiers of this versus something like Hex on KS, what you get for your money seems rather bland/weak/devalued. I think most players are interested in cool stuff to flaunt over your name in credits or some item which may or may not be something anybody even wants to have in the game.
The real question is why is the Patron's Pledge $150 and the Advisor's Pledge $300? If I take the Patron and name my item, "Ancient Mace of Flaming Auras" isn't that pretty much accomplishing what the Advisor's Pledge offers at half the price?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I dunno. Maybe I don't follow KS enough but I'm not that worried. They have a lot of info still to put out plus PC gamer article. I think people are dead on about cleaning up the KS but I think old school nation will get this funded in the end!
Gaming new sites are whores and will take anyone with a name for an article because it will give them traffic. Seems like Brad unfortunately gave PCgamer exclusive rights to announcements? Not sure why he did that.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Well, first full day is done. Total cume: $56,906. Not great. I'll have to do some research to compare it to other video game projects on a percentage (of goal) basis.

For reference:

-It's been 3 hours since the Pantheon twitter noticed we'd given it a bunch of money.

-It's been 18 hours since Brad tweeted anything from his twitter.

-And it's been 22 hours since a dev posted on the KS page remarking that there had been a few comments.
This is an issue.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Gaming new sites are whores and will take anyone with a name for an article because it will give them traffic. Seems like Brad unfortunately gave PCgamer exclusive rights to announcements? Not sure why he did that.
Polygon announced the KS launch very soon after PC Gamer.

I follow RSS feeds from: The Verge, IGN, Joystiq, Forbes, Polygon, VentureBeat, cnet.com, examiner.com, and anything that shows up on my Flipboard gaming mags.

I have seen 1 small article from Polygon about Pantheon KS launch...

Well, first full day is done. Total cume: $56,906. Not great. I'll have to do some research to compare it to other video game projects on a percentage (of goal) basis.

For reference:

-It's been 3 hours since the Pantheon twitter noticed we'd given it a bunch of money.

-It's been 18 hours since Brad tweeted anything from his twitter.

-And it's been 22 hours since a dev posted on the KS page remarking that there had been a few comments.
For the record, I will feel like a total dick if he's been hurt in an accident or something. So, I'm hoping he's okay. But the hours are still ticking away, and I haven't seen anything new yetfrom ANYONE
frown.png

tad10

Elisha Dushku
If Brad is actually interested (I very much doubt he is, but you never know), he can email me/PM me for details.
No. You should PM him and link to junkies nation. I don't think he knows you run those websites.

Hell, if you won't , I'll pm him and tell him to hire you and your crew.

Everything wrong is easily fixable. You hear that McQuaid?
biggrin.png

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
rrr_img_56592.jpg

WTF Slash?

Brad, they don't call me Chief Slapaho for nothin'. Take that comic book shit, and GTFO.

Man, one second I'm all in, the next I'm picking my jaw up off the floor 'cause of the stupid shit I am seeing.
I also missed this, this needs to be removed. We arent playing Marvel comics here.