Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where's Utnayan? I figure he'd have a field day with this, especially with Brad posting here. It would be amusing to watch
frown.png
Think his dad died:-( hope the dude is ok.. Don't wish that kind of shit on anyone.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
I guess, here's my issue right now. Being that I grew up in the 80's and have been playing guitar since 1989 I look at things differently. Nothing is easy, nothing is free. In a way, it seems like the team wants to get paid first, THEN they will create a product to sell. My confusion lies in......................why didn't they spend a year or so, create ONE zone. Even a starter zone, with NPC's, mobs, 4 starting classes, THEN go to kickstarter. One zone. One complete zone. The way I look at it is...........take bands. In my case, Motley Crue, Poison, Guns n Roses, Janes Addictions.......whatever. They didn't get the million dollar contract THEN create an album. They worked their asses off, toured on their own dime, paid to get posters, flyers, whatever......And their hard work led to them being signed.
It seems like the Pantheon group wants to get paid FIRST, then create a project. To say they are working pro bono is misleading. They haven't done anything yet. And that's why they are struggling to raise the capital. Hey, I pledged $500 between my wifes account and mine, I believe in the project and we are two struggling college students who are raising 5 kids. But you guys didn't put the work in first. You want to get paid first. The way I look at it is, create ONE ZONE. ONE. Show people what they are investing in. Hell, let them play the zone and the money will pour in. Brad, I know you can do it. But the way I see it............this project as it isn't going to get funded. People need to believe in you and right now, they don't. Take the next year and work on it, then return and you will be paid 10x over.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
And when it comes to a Kickstarter, it kind of is "we" if you've donated.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
It's just a communication issue, I think. As far as I can tell they're 10 dudes with regular jobs theorycrafting in their free time and planning out a game. Sure, they could have spent another year slowly building assets. Or they can do what they're doing, and basically saying 'if there really is interest in this kind of project, let us start it.' The problem is people make assumptions that they've been working full time on this for years and have crap to show for it, or that they're even able to work full time on it right now.

It's a communication problem, though. And a lack of communication lets people easily confused flip the fuck out like Mr. Wizard up there.

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
What are the chances that searching for Pantheon on Kickstarter would yield a result called 'Terminus'? Weird.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And when it comes to a Kickstarter, it kind of is "we" if you've donated.
Lol yea... He never really played a game with a sense of community so why should we expect him to understand?! Zinger!!

10k! That's awesome! Wish I had that kind of cash to burn..

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I guess, here's my issue right now. Being that I grew up in the 80's and have been playing guitar since 1989 I look at things differently. Nothing is easy, nothing is free. In a way, it seems like the team wants to get paid first, THEN they will create a product to sell. My confusion lies in......................why didn't they spend a year or so, create ONE zone. Even a starter zone, with NPC's, mobs, 4 starting classes, THEN go to kickstarter. One zone. One complete zone. The way I look at it is...........take bands. In my case, Motley Crue, Poison, Guns n Roses, Janes Addictions.......whatever. They didn't get the million dollar contract THEN create an album. They worked their asses off, toured on their own dime, paid to get posters, flyers, whatever......And their hard work led to them being signed.
It seems like the Pantheon group wants to get paid FIRST, then create a project. To say they are working pro bono is misleading. They haven't done anything yet. And that's why they are struggling to raise the capital. Hey, I pledged $500 between my wifes account and mine, I believe in the project and we are two struggling college students who are raising 5 kids. But you guys didn't put the work in first. You want to get paid first. The way I look at it is, create ONE ZONE. ONE. Show people what they are investing in. Hell, let them play the zone and the money will pour in. Brad, I know you can do it. But the way I see it............this project as it isn't going to get funded. People need to believe in you and right now, they don't. Take the next year and work on it, then return and you will be paid 10x over.
Don't be all gloomy. 37 days is a hell of a long time when you work your ass off.

It's in their court to get things moving. If they want it bad enough they can get it but it will take work.

In a game content is King, In a kickstarter Info, interaction, ideas are King. Get troy to work pro bono to fix up the KS page (he has great ideas), get Dreagan to make it look pretty while the team makes some new videos and gets hustlin on reddit ect. Give Gogojira a *producer credit* so he can go post everywhere and be an official on the team! Lots of ways to get this moving, just have to get creative.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
They have been busy today. Reddit...check, somethingawful...check, even the IGN article made it to flipboard today.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
He probably gets a EQ quest completion sound everytime his kickstart gets another 1k and it probably went off ten times in a row.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
This may have been mentioned earlier, but way too many pages for me to go through, but today Chris Pirillo tweeted out a story he wrote about Pantheon.
Link? I hate trying to wade through twitter and shit (shit being reddit, if anyone has links to major discussions there that include devs).