Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
We've already been through the screenshot argument, so no. Show me game play, not pretty pictures or a Web 2.0-ified website. Even that little teaser shows nearly nothing of any real value.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Move the goal post. You'll eventually run out of space. Project is doing well, team is making visual progress and they have a few years to build. I hope Brad gets himself more funding soon because they do need more help.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Move the goal post. You'll eventually run out of space.
Enlighten me, where have I done this? I've always maintained they need to show real game play. Screenshots count for nothing because you can not judge a game by them. The exact same thing goes for the new website. I don't care about all the tertiary crap they do, none of it allows me to judge the game one way or the other. It's all a distraction that works wonderfully for people such as yourself who will buy everything these guys do hook, line and sinker.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Enlighten me, where have I done this? I've always maintained they need to show real game play. Screenshots count for nothing because you can not judge a game by them. The exact same thing goes for the new website. I don't care about all the tertiary crap they do, none of it allows me to judge the game one way or the other. It's all a distraction that works wonderfully for people such as yourself who will buy everything these guys do hook, line and sinker.
So see you in alpha?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No, the best thing was calling Brad a never-was. That was the second best.
That never-was is speaking at an event with some serious people today. What are you doing with your day??

Ok. I'm done letting Skanda shit up this glorious update. I enjoyed the new content. Definitely wanted more but I think that's natural for gamers. World looks pretty rocking!

Cathex_sl

shitlord
Site looks good for the most part. I'm definitely not a fan of the forums with that background though. Not to be a shill, but black background + white text really is the best for readability.

Reht

Molten Core Raider
Site looks good for the most part. I'm definitely not a fan of the forums with that background though. Not to be a shill, but black background + white text really is the best for readability.
They are considering the site a soft release, once they work out the bugs more game information will be released. The forums will also be fixed (not sure if that means new forums).

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Say what you will about the abysmal kickstarter and brad clearly thinking he would just collect money off his name this is a huge step forward for the game. If you don't see this as anything but a positive stride forward you're off your rocker (intentional).

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I would imagine if Brad started posting here good things could happen, no?

Good or bad, the people on this forum tend to have some influence.

Cathex_sl

shitlord
They are considering the site a soft release, once they work out the bugs more game information will be released. The forums will also be fixed (not sure if that means new forums).
Cool. New site does give the project a degree of legitimacy that did not exist before. Races aren't too shabby either. However, as Skanda mentioned, I really want to see a gameplay video before I return to 2013 hype levels and throwing babies.

Overall, though, another step in the right direction. I just hope the team has the skill to pull this off.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
That never-was is speaking at an event with some serious people today. What are you doing with your day??

Ok. I'm done letting Skanda shit up this glorious update. I enjoyed the new content. Definitely wanted more but I think that's natural for gamers. World looks pretty rocking!
"glorious update" might be a little much. While I give credit that we have something real to talk about it's still nothing that you can't accomplish very quickly with Wordpress, a $50 theme, and a little time.

While i'm still willing to forgive i'm going to need to see a bit more. A website is a nice first step but it needs to quickly be followed up with some decent in-game stuff. We know it's probably there as we've seen a couple of screenshots but a lot of this still seems to be a bit out of order and foggy at best.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Cool. New site does give the project a degree of legitimacy that did not exist before. Races aren't too shabby either. However, as Skanda mentioned, I really want to see a gameplay video before I return to 2013 hype levels and throwing babies.

Overall, though, another step in the right direction. I just hope the team has the skill to pull this off.
In the end it will all come down to funding, i sure hope they get some... at least now as they shop for it, there is a degree of professionalism demonstrated by the website.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Videos will come. Really does come down to money. These guys aren't working with a 50million dollar budget. A lot of the people posting didn't expect to even see this update. Like I've been saying, it's a small team but they are dedicated and passionate. This project has been moving in the right direction for a while now and I don't see that changing. They definitely need to add more key people tho.