Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider
I honestly forgot all about the RMT factor. There's no denying that it has changed the way these games are played, which totally sucks for the typical player who simply wants to enjoy the game for what it is.

That does bring up a good point though. I don't recall if the VR team has talked about this issue or if they have any plans to address it. It wasn't in the most recent stream. No idea what they could even do about it aside from the aforementioned artificial lockouts but even then, players have, and will continue to find ways around those.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Based on their wanting to emulate EQ, there shouldn't be any RMT. But considering Brad has a cocaine addiction that needs to be fed, I could see it happening.

My personal opinion on RMT is that if you want to buy cosmetics or whatever, that's fine. I understand some people like little fun items like that and shit, and it doesn't fundamentally change the way the game is played. But any item or transaction that results in a more powerful/advanced character fundamentally alters the most basic of gameplay and is just stupid.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Based on their wanting to emulate EQ, there shouldn't be any RMT. But considering Brad has a cocaine addiction that needs to be fed, I could see it happening.

My personal opinion on RMT is that if you want to buy cosmetics or whatever, that's fine. I understand some people like little fun items like that and shit, and it doesn't fundamentally change the way the game is played. But any item or transaction that results in a more powerful/advanced character fundamentally alters the most basic of gameplay and is just stupid.
The whole problem is every or a vast majority of items will be tradable unlike current gen games which almost everything besides trade goods are boe or bop. So yeah welcome to rmt, its unavoidable in a game like this. Shit even in wow we had rangs farming the only thing they could sell, and that was gold or run throughs on raids and shit.

Vinjin

Lord Nagafen Raider

From what I remember, EQ is where this all started with people selling high end items for real money before it completely mushroomed into an all out plat business. The impact in-game was noticeable as all of those RMTers camping the high end mobs 24x7, not for guild use or bragging rights but for their own personal business. So the more valuable the items, the higher chance it ends up on the real life market.

Which leads back to Pantheon. If the equivalent of an FBSS is in-game, it's one thing for the casual to compete with the no-lifers because eventually, those guys will sell it on the auction block for a premium and move on to something else. The RMTers though, they'll monopolize that shit forever, or at least until there's no longer any demand for it by the casuals, which could be years. That's the fucked up part of all of this.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
The whole problem is every or a vast majority of items will be tradable unlike current gen games which almost everything besides trade goods are boe or bop. So yeah welcome to rmt, its unavoidable in a game like this. Shit even in wow we had rangs farming the only thing they could sell, and that was gold or run throughs on raids and shit.
Ahh from that perspective okay I understand what you're saying. I meant VR selling items (I skimmed over the thread, now it makes sense lol). RMT was a thing in EQ, I don't think you can avoid that. Poopsocking will always be a thing. I'm not sure how you fix it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
From what I remember, EQ is where this all started with people selling high end items for real money before it completely mushroomed into an all out plat business. The impact in-game was noticeable as all of those RMTers camping the high end mobs 24x7, not for guild use or bragging rights but for their own personal business. So the more valuable the items, the higher chance it ends up on the real life market.

Which leads back to Pantheon. If the equivalent of an FBSS is in-game, it's one thing for the casual to compete with the no-lifers because eventually, those guys will sell it on the auction block for a premium and move on to something else. The RMTers though, they'll monopolize that shit forever, or at least until there's no longer any demand for it by the casuals, which could be years. That's the fucked up part of all of this.

Yep, and Brad and Co are delusional to think that this will not happen to their game if they just "add more content". In fact, the more content they add, the more content will be camped 24/7.

Of course this all hinges on whether this game is popular or not, but make no mistake, even if its a one or two server game with 10K subs, this shit WILL happen.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Buying 3 more computers and 9 more monitors for the release of Pantheon. Playing full-time, quarter millionaire here I come!

• 7Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

2002User

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Buying 3 more computers and 9 more monitors for the release of Pantheon. Playing full-time, quarter millionaire here I come!
You're doing it wrong. You don't actually play the game to make that much from RMT, let alone split it with your guild...which is why a_skeleton_02 was/is poor and the equivalent of a Chinese sweatshop worker, lmao

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You're doing it wrong. You don't actually play the game to make that much from RMT...which is why a_skeleton_02 was/is poor and the equivalent of a Chinese sweatshop worker, lmao

although i did not partake in RMT back in the day, just played the game for funs and lolz, I have to imagine that most real cash was made in EC tunnel an the backs of noobs.

2002User

although i did not partake in RMT back in the day, just played the game for funs and lolz, I have to imagine that most real cash was made in EC tunnel an the backs of noobs.
There was a lot of players who tried to launch RMT 'careers' doing the buy low/sell high price gouging in EC Tunnels. I'm sure there are still nerds on P99 who sit in the EC tunnel all day trying this. I mean, if you wanna work full time for pretty bad money that's an option. The top RMT brass have better methods though.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
There was a lot of players who tried to launch RMT 'careers' doing the buy low/sell high price gouging in EC Tunnels. I'm sure there are still nerds on P99 who sit in the EC tunnel all day trying this. I mean, if you wanna work full time for pretty bad money that's an option. The top RMT brass have better methods though.
PM me. I want to make a career off Pantheon.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

2002User

Wtf are they paying people with? Hopes and dreams?
Everyone has a job, or several jobs: the Creative Director is also the Encounter Designer, Music Composer, a Sound Engineer, and helps create variations of texture sets among other responsibilities. So it's not like they have a lot of company bloat to pay salaries.

I've heard they've received new funding too.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Brads drinks $20 a six-pack craft beer apparently so they must of gotten some funding.

Should stick with Coors buddy until at least alpha.