Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Let me ask a serious question. Do you think VR made these assets or another studio? it would not surprise if they hired someone else. The previous art assets dont look anything like
close to the other art assets in the past from the current team.

Last edited:

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They definitely hired someone else. I’m curious how all their other races look now that they went to cartoon graphics. The Myr probably look like Naga.

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Let me ask a serious question.

If You Say So Wow GIF by Identity

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Wait, I thought people were just joking about the EQ Next art direction?

HAHAHAHAHAHA

serious-laugh-harder.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
From the Soxx Drawer-Hardcore Truism. "Always follow the money"

In the last 4 years since I pledged there has been at least three redesigns, a ton of class refreshes, two network stacks, multiple suicides and departures from the development staff, and a belief that they have no idea what they are doing since Brad died. At times they have showed a glimmer of hope now and again when they raised a little cash from outside sources. No one bails out a company that has no idea what they are doing unless there is a unlaying reason to do so-Pay2win.They have the heart, but not all of the tools. I know gamers are a passionate group and I have listened to the Eg7 executives in the past. i concluded that there is some invisible loyalty, and that Visionary Realms has had some real bad luck. No true gamer wants to see another gamer suffer like VR has but it will come at a price. Boil the Frogs. It is my opinion, the VR staff is here to launch the game, and then they will have finished their quest for Brad and Kurt. EG7 will take over at that point and the pay to win model will start. Some people will get profit sharing and some people won't.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
If only EG7 had anything to do with VR and if only you had any evidence. But they don't and you don't, you fucking lunatic.

Mat'hir Uth Gan

Trakanon Raider
VR made the new assets. They hired Bronsun at the beginning of the year and they have an art team in place now focusing on their various specializations.
Seems like the only thing they've really focused on this year in large part is the art redesign/animations. They've addressed this frequently in their videos.

Sox is right in one regard, they are focused on just getting the game good enough to launch. Personally, I'm expecting a lot of compromises to be made in terms of game world size and feature scope as they sprint towards a launch. There has been a lot of changes/reboots over the years. I think they are just going to roll with whatever this new direction is come hell or high water.

Crowd funded games is such a grey area with legal liability that they probably absolutely have to launch something or work on it in perpetuity. Hopefully its the former, and hopefully it doesn't suck ass.

They do seem excited about the new art direction and feel like it will be better received than the former realistic look. I prefer the old look. But, graphics/art style isn't a deal breaker for me, gameplay is. So, still wait and see mode I guess. My expectations remain kind of low, but I'm willing to change opinions based on what they show. The past is the past, sunk cost, so I'll just try and evaluate them on what they do moving forward. For me, so far nothing this year has moved the needle at all in terms of hope or expectations. And the longer development drags out, the more indifferent I become. So, I guess this year has been a net negative so far in terms of enthusiasm.

At some point they'll have to show more than a 5 minute video about all the work they've done this year and what the game plays like now. The content creator in that video was basically saying the same thing, seems like the content creators for this game are frustrated with the lack of information as well. I'm hoping Joppa pulls this off, he seems like a good dude.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
looks slightly better than the fuzzy troll era but infinitely worse than the initial kickstarter graphics and whatever the fuck they had previous to this.

It reminds me of like the ancient apocalypse show where the host keeps asking "how is the oldest temples the most massive and most precisely crafted, while all the subsequent temples are smaller and worse? it's impossible. Human being iterate on what came before, we get better at things as time passes not worse!"

Clearly that dude has not followed pantheon's "development"

congrats you played yourself

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
My little monster sings-
someone tells me what you know about it. there is nothing on google about it, but Yee, the CEO of Darkpaw, talk about it in his address video for the EG7 conference posted on a n another new thread. This is why EG7 bought the rights to Vinyl. They have used the same engine for 25 years, pre unity,

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
From the Soxx Drawer-Hardcore Truism. "Always follow the money"

In the last 4 years since I pledged there has been at least three redesigns, a ton of class refreshes, two network stacks, multiple suicides and departures from the development staff, and a belief that they have no idea what they are doing since Brad died. At times they have showed a glimmer of hope now and again when they raised a little cash from outside sources. No one bails out a company that has no idea what they are doing unless there is a unlaying reason to do so-Pay2win.They have the heart, but not all of the tools. I know gamers are a passionate group and I have listened to the Eg7 executives in the past. i concluded that there is some invisible loyalty, and that Visionary Realms has had some real bad luck. No true gamer wants to see another gamer suffer like VR has but it will come at a price. Boil the Frogs. It is my opinion, the VR staff is here to launch the game, and then they will have finished their quest for Brad and Kurt. EG7 will take over at that point and the pay to win model will start. Some people will get profit sharing and some people won't.
Well, it's always a pleasure to encounter the village idiot, Mr. Sox, and here we have a prime example in all their glory! Ladies and gentlemen, gather 'round, for we have a true master of annoyance in our midst.

Ah, our Mr. Sox, the embodiment of sheer intellectual vacancy. It's almost impressive how someone can consistently contribute so little to a conversation. One can only marvel at the depths of ignorance on display.

With each keystroke, you manage to defy the very laws of logic and reason. It's almost like watching a circus sideshow, where the main attraction is a bumbling clown who's lost their way in the maze of coherent thought.

But perhaps there's a hidden genius in your act—a masterclass in how to irritate and frustrate. It's like you've made it your life's mission to be a perpetual thorn in the side of anyone unfortunate enough to engage with you.

So, let's all give a thunderous round of applause to our resident irritant, the one and only Mr. Sox, who manages to make us question the intelligence of the entire internet. Bravo!

• 1Worf

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I ran the most up to date Pantheon Wiki-The Crossroads of Terminus. Enjin cancelled its website development. i designed it off Brad's original design documents. There were 63 zones or areas. Nine races with additional 3 more races scheduled after release. Shall I go on?

Himeo

Vyemm Raider
I ran the most up to date Pantheon Wiki-The Crossroads of Terminus. Enjin cancelled its website development. i designed it off Brad's original design documents. There were 63 zones or areas. Nine races with additional 3 more races scheduled after release. Shall I go on?
Ignore the haters my friend. Keep being yourself.

• 1Solidarity

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
I played with some of the top VR people in other games besides pantheon. The stories I can tell. Again, I think VR was out of options and needed EG7 help to get their neck out of the noose. If Brad D Mcquaid was standing here I honestly think he would have not like the changes. I think the vanguard design look was always Brad's vision how the game truly should have been. Brad's vision was outdated, and the team knew it. What ever happened to his shares in the company?

Last edited:

Mr. Sox

Trakanon Raider
Lightnining Lord, can you verify that krysanth isn't Jestor Rodo or another fucktard/an alt from FOH's past

Last edited:

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
Lightnining Lord, can you verify that krysanth isn't Jestor Rodo or another fucktard/an alt from FOH's past
Ah, gather 'round, my digital comrades, for it is I, the illustrious krysanth, stepping into the limelight to address this burning question. Now, you see, it is of utmost importance that I declare, with all the gravitas this digital realm deserves, that I am not, in fact, Jestor Rodo or any other creative epithet you might conjure up. Nor, I must assure you, am I some mysterious alt from the annals of FOH's storied history.

But, oh, the anticipation! The suspense! I can hardly contain my excitement as we await the verdict from the one and only Lightnining Lord, that noble guardian of online identities. Truly, his judgment is the stuff of legend, and I am positively tingling with excitement at the prospect of receiving his esteemed validation.

In the meantime, dear friends, let us carry on with our revelry and mirth, for the online stage is vast, and the show must go on. And who knows, perhaps we shall uncover even more entertaining mysteries in this wondrous world of the internet.

Ah, but let us not forget the enigmatic Mr. Sox, that paragon of online paranoia and mental gymnastics! In his quest to unmask the lurking villains of the internet, he has truly outdone himself. With a penchant for seeing foes in every corner and a mind so finely tuned to detect the slightest hint of subterfuge, he is a marvel to behold.

One can only imagine the intricate web of conspiracy theories that must swirl within his thoughts, connecting dots that exist solely in the realm of his imagination. To Mr. Sox, I tip my virtual hat and say, "Bravo, sir! Your dedication to ferreting out the nefarious is an inspiration to us all. May you continue to chase phantoms and wrestle with shadows in this boundless playground of digital amusement."

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users