Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
BTW for the tiers who get the names in game credits ,we all get ReRolled as middle name I'm assuming ? And is it Red Panda Pirates for the alpha guild ? Other suggestions ?

Nosf_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty doubtful this will turn out well, I mean, for those who want it...I hope it works out for you, but I feel pretty pessimistic about its chances. 800k to launch an MMO; I want to say that sounds amibitious but really the more I think about it, it sounds kind of crazy given the focus on an mmo niche market.

That said, last I checked those Darkfall guys were still making the paid client / monthly sub thing work for them, so who knows.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
They don't respect consumers because you people will buy shit, you'll pre-order shit, HELL you will fucking fund shit!

The old maxim "Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it." Are your memories so short? Everyone thought Vanguard was the next coming and look what was wrought.

Let me just point out that some of the guys dropping the most money on this game are also the guys who dropped the most money on Ravvenn tit pics.

I'm sure a correlation could be found.
To be fair, you still give Blizzard money for their game and they've been hosing you for months now with zero content updates and $200 tickets to Blizzcon. People find things they enjoy, I learned to only slightly ridicule people for their purchases.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So is that concept art a ranger or rogue?? I see a crossbow,1 hander and poison vials around the belt? Looks like an interesting class..

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
rrr_img_56592.jpg

WTF Slash?

Brad, they don't call me Chief Slapaho for nothin'. Take that comic book shit, and GTFO.

Man, one second I'm all in, the next I'm picking my jaw up off the floor 'cause of the stupid shit I am seeing.
It's essentially stock engine footage, I don't even know why they showed it.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty doubtful this will turn out well, I mean, for those who want it...I hope it works out for you, but I feel pretty pessimistic about its chances. 800k to launch an MMO; I want to say that sounds amibitious but really the more I think about it, it sounds kind of crazy given the focus on an mmo niche market.

That said, last I checked those Darkfall guys were still making the paid client / monthly sub thing work for them, so who knows.
Kickstarter isn't the only funding they will be getting. I really doubt Brad plans to build a MMO on 800k alone. It is just a extra source of income for them, and the more they secure from KS the more they can likely get from other sources if my guess.

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
To be fair, you still give Blizzard money for their game and they've been hosing you for months now with zero content updates and $200 tickets to Blizzcon. People find things they enjoy, I learned to only slightly ridicule people for their purchases.
To be TECHNICALLY accurate I haven't paid for my WoW account in about 3-4 years now, simply because blizzard friends give me year long sub cards as xmas gifts.

I get the point you're making, but I feel like with this specific thing, I've been burned one too many times. I'll let you guys try to put out the fire with your wads of cash and if it somehow ends up being worth it, I'll buy a rinky dink normal scrub account, sans KS funding exclusives.
tongue.png

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That was fast. I swear internet nerds go through emotional cycles faster than a woman eating chocolate during pregnancy.
So maybe my imagination is carrying this but the bullet points hit fine for me. I don't really get the disappointment this early on.. This is much closer to my kind of game than anything out there..

An MMO developed by gamers who aren't afraid to target an audience of like-minded gamers.
A fantasy themed Massively Multiplayer Role Playing game (MMO) with a heavy focus on character development, an immersive world, and teamwork.
An MMO for players wanting a challenging and rewarding experience.
An open world in which you explore to obtain not only more powerful items but also new spells and abilities.
Travel where and when you want to in a non-linear world.
A huge world to explore, trade, and adventure in.
A complex back-story that players may gradually discover as they grow in power and explore the world.
A constantly expanding and evolving world.
Group-focused social gameplay using a class based system to encourage teamwork.
Customize your class by bonding with the spirits of fallen warriors.
Reactive combat where you can determine what the NPC is doing and react to it. (move, counter, deflect, etc.) .
Combat will be challenging and involved -- your decisions will matter and directly affect the battle's outcome.
Travel the world and profit from selling exotic items collected from distant realms. Different cities and outposts may have local Bazaars.
Limited and class based teleportation may get you close, but in order to reach many destinations you will have to traverse the planar scarred lands of Terminus through the use of your own two feet or on the back of your mighty steed.
Earning experience is only part of what it takes to level up. Exploring the world you will gain knowledge and power allowing you to overcome more powerful enemies.
The game will run on PC, Mac, and possibly other platforms in the future.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
To be TECHNICALLY accurate I haven't paid for my WoW account in about 3-4 years now, simply because blizzard friends give me year long sub cards as xmas gifts.

I get the point you're making, but I feel like with this specific thing, I've been burned one too many times. I'll let you guys try to put out the fire with your wads of cash and if it somehow ends up being worth it, I'll buy a rinky dink normal scrub account, sans KS funding exclusives.
tongue.png
Ok well make sure you keep yelling at people for a few more pages.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Hey if we get $6,700,000 we get melted velious.

Someone donate 3 million dollars so we can have pvp and player housing.

PhoneticHalo_sl

shitlord
Naming policy from ToA please

Naming Others

Unlike other MMOs, those you encounter will not come with a floating name above their head. Instead, you can name someone anything you like. Only you see the name you've named them and you will only see it is when you reticule over them or they are in very close proximity.

This is to curb automagically knowing everyone's name, even those you've never met before. This will also help to keep the immersion factor high by not seeing "N00b D00d3" as he runs by you, unless of course that's what you named him. Another benefit of no floating names (again, unless you reticule over them or they are very close to you) is concealment. Nothing is worse than trying to hide behind a boulder while your neon green floating name plate gives you away 100 meters out.