Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Xaxius

Lord Nagafen Raider
SOE offers to pick them up. Brad ask the forums "what do you guys think?"

Go.
I fully expect this to be picked up by SOE at some point. Remember this on hiswebsite?

Brad left SOE in August 2013 as part of a huge RIF. With so many jobless developers in the area and so many exciting game design ideas in his head, Brad intends to start something.He's run the ideas by John Smedley, who was visibly excited.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Million dollar question:

The Kickstarter meets it's goal and maybe make a bit more (say 1.5M). They get offices, further develop the prototype, get to Alpha, then realize they need more funding. SOE offers to pick them up. Brad ask the forums "what do you guys think?"

Go.
Oh God let's leave that grenade out for a few days at least. (while it definitely will be an amusing conversation ).

We are currently trying to just get Brad to realize he has to get out of his fucking hole and spread the word and do the PR blitz.

Which you'd think he would already know.

Good article. Thanks for the link!
smile.png

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Still a lot of improvements to go, but it was a good start. They have to pony up shit they don't want to. I know they didn't want to give away lifesubs, shit, I don't blame em, but they got to get really creative here to pull this off. If anyone can do it, its Brad.
Lifetime subs is a fantastic gimmick. The majority of MMO players never stay subbed for 6 months let alone over a year. If the game is good enough that you would of stayed subbed that's a good problem to have because they probably have many more people subbing.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Million dollar question:

The Kickstarter meets it's goal and maybe make a bit more (say 1.5M). They get offices, further develop the prototype, get to Alpha, then realize they need more funding. SOE offers to pick them up. Brad ask the forums "what do you guys think?"

Go.
SOE has money issues, otherwise why the RIF? Smedly can't "save" this game. Brad would have to find a new white knight if Pantheon runs out of money.

I still think put in player housing and sell lots. About the only thing I really don't care about and wouldn't affect game play.

By 2017, if this makes it to launch, I want to be able to download and 3d print my character and in game NPCs. I say this because it should be really easy additional revenue for even smaller sized studios to churn out. Does anyone do this yet? I'd print dozens of frogloks and myconids. Maybe a Fire Giant or three.

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
By 2017, if this makes it to launch, I want to be able to download and 3d print my character and in game NPCs. I say this because it should be really easy additional revenue for even smaller sized studios to churn out. Does anyone do this yet? I'd print dozens of frogloks and myconids. Maybe a Fire Giant or three.
You can get 3D prints of your WoW characters. Shit is expensive last I looked though.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Yeah, I'm a bit concerned that once this community is tapped it will stagnate heavily. Fingers crossed, though, I guess.
Still hasn't gotten out to wider eq community. SOE eq forum thread has like 88 views.

Brad needs to get out there and chat up a storm.

bigdogchris_sl

shitlord
I don't care if SOE picks them up as long as Brad is still CCO, and that SOE understands people WANT the game this way so we opened our wallets to prove it.

Also, there will be an ingame store. I just noticed that. Suppose that means micro-transactions

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's amazing playing on VG the last cpl days just how few people are aware of this. get it out to the larger EQ/VG crowd.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I feel like long-time EQ and VG players are pretty happy with their current games and are generally unwilling to switch to another game

krysanth

Golden Knight of the Realm
Not going to fund a game before its made. Ill buy it after there is something to see, play, and judge.

Requiem_sl

shitlord
I feel like long-time EQ and VG players are pretty happy with their current games and are generally unwilling to switch to another game
I disagree, I can't speak for VG players, but SOE eq players are disgruntled about the mudflation and eqemu players are disgruntled about the power-tripping retards and pathetic infrastructure that run the only servers with decent code, and the poor code quality of the rest.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I don't know about that. Both are pretty long in the tooth, there just isn't other options. That said, pantheon is probably more likely to appeal to vg players than eq players based on the limited combat info.