Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Stevie Case had no business being in that article. She's never actually made a single game. She was just someone who convinced Romero to buy her a set of boobs and a dye-job on her hair..
I used to actually own that issue and I agree, she had no business being there but it was all about getting a woman on the cover so they could sell more magazines. The irony is I think she basically fell off the face of the earth after that article. I also remember one of Brad's quotes in that piece, basically saying 'players believe we (SoE) are actively trying to screw them but we are not.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
So.. does this mean no Vanguard 2?
Seems not
frown.png

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
It's really easy to pile on someone when they're down, but I don't believe this was a scam. Brad REALLY wanted to make this game, but things don't always work out the way you want. This most definitely was NOT a situation of putting up a website to try and soak money out of people for a short-term cash grab.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
It's really easy to pile on someone when they're down, but I don't believe this was a scam. Brad REALLY wanted to make this game, but things don't always work out the way you want. This most definitely was NOT a situation of putting up a website to try and soak money out of people for a short-term cash grab.
The fact that they were working "pro-bono" for this passion project, and then Brad pulled the plug when the money ran dry (without telling the team) says he really didn't care too much about the game.

Noshitdude

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sarcasm ? Troll ?
Where did the money go ? If it isn't a scam, the answer should be easy.

kudos

<Banned>
I'd believe this until I remember that Brad won't show where the money went and produced pretty much nothing with $160k in the bank.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I'd believe this until I remember that Brad won't show where the money went and produced pretty much nothing with $160k in the bank.
well said. If the money is gone, where did it go ? why nothing showable for 160k ? We were getting an alpha build with 800 k in what they said 6mon ?

Now perhaps 160 does not get you anything you can show ? But given the obvious lack of effort and pure "thrown together at the last minute" approach of the KS, it makes you wonder how much work was actually DONE.

In addition, to my knowledge none of the folks that were/are working there "got that much". Perhaps they are lying and covering the fact that they got a chunk of money for nothing ? Or they are telling the truth and Brad pocketed the dough ?

Be interesting if you guys can find out DETAIL about how much folks were paid ... it would go to show where the dirty behavior resides.

All that pro bono work with unity asset store items and using the fps map demo down the drain, i have no pity for brad, he quit soe again to do this stupid half assed attempt of a game and blew 150k in a month.