Pan'Theon: Rise' of th'e Fal'Len - #1 Thread in MMO

Canadian_sl

shitlord
EQ was the shit back in the day. I played on VZ so I didn't experience the poopsocking until a run on Fippy. That reminded me why I thought that WoW was a vastly superior game (at least through BC) than EQ was OOW and on. I really don't think the games have changed as much as the people that used to play them have.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
You would still need dps you'd just meld it into the holy trinity in some way. Then you'd get the same thing as every other "do everything" class system out there today.
Well yah everyone is doing dps except you make encounters need CC from slows, snares, mezzes etc. Eliminate the just pew, pew and nothing else. We have already seen fun healing classes that get to dps to enhance healing etc. You still have defines roles but with added responsibility. That is at least what I want.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Well yah everyone is doing dps except you make encounters need CC from slows, snares, mezzes etc. Eliminate the just pew, pew and nothing else. We have already seen fun healing classes that get to dps to enhance healing etc. You still have defines roles but with added responsibility. That is at least what I want.
Ever play Mass Effect.. Biotics were essentially a CC class and I always thought the mechanics of that game could be translated to more of an action MMO but in the vein that you describe.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
EQ was the shit back in the day. I played on VZ so I didn't experience the poopsocking until a run on Fippy. That reminded me why I thought that WoW was a vastly superior game (at least through BC) than EQ was OOW and on. I really don't think the games have changed as much as the people that used to play them have.
We are talking about WoW vanilla as a great example of a great game post EQ. But what else ? Since 04 its basically a shitpile, freakin WoW clones can even Clone right %!$&^%!*&@#^%!*&^@%!@ .

Quaid

Trump's Staff
We are talking about WoW vanilla as a great example of a great game post EQ. But what else ? Since 04 its basically a shitpile, freakin WoW clones can even Clone right %!$&^%!*&@#^%!*&^@%!@ .
Guildwars 2 and SWTOR were excellent for about 50 hours of gameplay.

I also liked the Faydwer and Kunark EQ2 expansions quite a bit.

Canadian_sl

shitlord
After vanilla WoW perfected (for the most part) EQ the mold was pretty much broken. I don't really believe any game will have that much to offer as far as new experience or longevity until technology changes the way we interface with them.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Guildwars 2 and SWTOR were excellent for about 50 hours of gameplay.

I also liked the Faydwer and Kunark EQ2 expansions quite a bit.
I did not like GW2 or SWTOR all that much ( the latter I did play a bit ) so that is a tough reference for me but I ask you if even in those 50 hours, do you think they were on par with 50 hours of vanilla wow gameplay ?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I did not like GW2 or SWTOR all that much ( the latter I did play a bit ) so that is a tough reference for me but I ask you if even in those 50 hours, do you think they were on par with 50 hours of vanilla wow gameplay ?
Absolutely not. WoW at launch was fucking awesome.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Just vanilla?
Patch 1.12.1 usually. I wish they could somehow import TBC's Dustwallow Marsh into the patch. Vanilla Dustwallow (horde side) was a sad sad zone.

Now I wanna play classic :S who wants to start a guild? Let's name itFisting Friends

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Burning Crusade had awesome, super challenging heroic 5 mans. Also some good raids. First 6-8 months of BC was a blast., the best mmo experience post 2005 For me imo.

I feel like the 2.1 patch in wow was the point when it began the switch to modern "Everyone retard gets free purplez" wow. Tons of challenging raidmobs were gimped overnight. Raid mobs we had worked hard to kill, like Leotheras or Astromancer suddenly were complete pushovers. Hell, some Black Temple raid mobs were weaker then some old Serpentshrine and TK ones. Heroics got gimped too, and were less useful as anyone in the most inept raid guild could get Tier 4-5 suddenly.
"

Letsinod

Lord Nagafen Raider
those exist in most games
Please enlighten me. What other game has something like "Spectres to docks!" ? Also what games have remote dungeons that hardly anyone travels to? All games now have dungeon finders with levels that are repeated time and time again. Grouping for overland content? Please......you don't even need to group anymore.