Paramount+ Streaming Service

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I dont know of anyone who subscribes to Paramount +. And Im sure the numbers will drop further after the Costner leaves Yellowstone.

The new season of Yellowstone is still not available on Paramount+. It was only shown on the actual Paramount network. You can now watch it on Peacock for $5 but not on Paramount+. I have it right now because I was watching "Survivor" but now that that's over I'm probably going to drop it and turn on Hulu to watch Reservation Dogs S2. The app also crashes constantly on my Fire Stick although it seems to work just fine on my Android TV one.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
This new trend to completely delete a show to take a tax write off is just... weird.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Paramount + did have the other variants of Yellowstone. I enjoyed them well enough along with the latest Picard. That being said, once my membership wears off it goes the way of "Binge when it has some stuff I would watch".

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watch Major of Kingstown and then cancel Paramount+. Awesome show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Mayor of Kingstown started really strong but started going off the rails fairly quickly.

First season was solid. Second season was filled with a whole Lotta "huh?"

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I originally turned on Paramount + to watch "Survivor" but between the Yellowstone Prequels, Mayor of Kingstown, Tulsa King, and maybe a couple of other things I actually kept it on for a full year and 2 more seasons of Survivor. All of that is done now though and I think it's time to cancel.

• 2Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I subscribe for Strange New Worlds and the back catalogue of DS9 and classic trek, mostly. Occasionally something good pops up like S3 Picard and I get a little bonus surprise.

• 2Like

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I mean, if not enough people are watching it you are dumping licensing and royalty costs.
Yeah, people always say people did things for a tax write-off but nobody does that. Losing $100 to save $40 in taxes makes zero sense ever.

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Same on both counts. The Creed line was awesome, but that Bionic Man sound effect made me pause the video to laugh. lol

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
second season of Mayor of Kingstown really isnt good. i swear, Paramount must have some deal with Ford where their cars are also characters on the show. that lincoln has a character arch and plot armor where is stayed flawless after every situation.. this show also has a problem with shooting at night. green camera dots in almost every shot. they did the same in Tulsa King, Stallone's Lincoln is destroyed, but quickly replaced with another Lincoln.

Khane

Man, Paramount streaming app and interface suck. It doesn't save info on what episodes I've already watched, it almost never remembers where I paused something to resume it, and there is no "watch next" option while watching an episode.

Good lord it's bad

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf

Khane

Khane verdict time.

I started watching Evil. Made it about 3 episodes in before giving up. Pure trash. Not sure what is going on in the thread dedicated to that show but it's very divisive and anyone saying it's great TV simply can't be trusted. It's terrible. Unwatchable.

Then I tried Joe Pickett. This show is more watchable but it's still contrived, cliche nonsense. David Alan Grier as a bad guy.... welp.

Then I started watching Lawmen: Bass Reeves. This show isn't bad, but even with the "true story" aspect, it meanders and is largely boring nonsense.

Final verdict: Paramount+ originals are low effort, mass production schlock. Not good. Definitely not worth subscribing for.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Try the Yellowstone Prequels, especially 1883. The first season of Mayor of Kingstown was pretty good as well. Emma Laird taking her clothes off in almost every episode alone is worth the price of admission. It gets more and more outrageous as it goes on though.

spronk

FPS noob
tulsa king is very mid, it skates on the charm of sly stallone but the story is hot trash

strange new worlds and star trek lower decks are both great, especially if you loved tng/voyager/ds9.

nathan for you and twilight zone are also on P+

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user