Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
I believe it can still remove a suffix and add a prefix. If you were to fill the prefix with something and it was full 2P 2S, it would have to remove a prefix and add life as you said there are only life prefixes for normal jewels. When it pulls from remove non-x affixes, it takes any of them.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
What am I misinterpreting here?

Craft of Exile

I wanted to craft a medium cluster jewel with Self-Fulfilling Prophecy and Empowered Envoy, I don't care about the other two affixes. Craft of Exile say that should take a meager amount of alts and augments org. It did not. I blew through 100 alts and various scouring, regals, and augs before deciding I was reading or setting something wrong with regards to that website.

I"m guessing alt spamming for Empowered Envoy and then harvest crit slam Prophecy will be the best method.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
What am I misinterpreting here?

Craft of Exile

I wanted to craft a medium cluster jewel with Self-Fulfilling Prophecy and Empowered Envoy, I don't care about the other two affixes. Craft of Exile say that should take a meager amount of alts and augments org. It did not. I blew through 100 alts and various scouring, regals, and augs before deciding I was reading or setting something wrong with regards to that website.

I"m guessing alt spamming for Empowered Envoy and then harvest crit slam Prophecy will be the best method.
Was it updated with weight changes? Clusters were MASSIVELY nerfed and crafting even decent ones is a lot harder than before without using deterministic crafting methods(like harvest shit)

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Was it updated with weight changes? Clusters were MASSIVELY nerfed and crafting even decent ones is a lot harder than before without using deterministic crafting methods(like harvest shit)
I want to say yes considering the popularity of this site, but I'm not certain.

I looked into this some more and alt-aug?regal is not basically not supported by this website for what I want. The UI, when using that method, automatically groups the affixes and considers any hit in a group a success. It won't let you ungroup affixes to force the success of more than one.

When I changed the method chaos or alchemy, I got separate groups and the price shot way up. While obviously I'm not going craft with alch+scours, fuck pure RNG crafting, this at least a good method to show you how expensive/rare an item should be and whether it should be feasible to craft outside of harvest. The small cluster jewel with Sublime is and I've already done it. The aforementioned medium is not.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Alt spam will always result in a prefix and a suffix so the way CoE interpreted what you told it you wanted was technically correct.

It does seem like a super easy jewel to craft though. Alt to get Envoy and whatever suffix you think is acceptable, regal it and hope you don't hit one of the three notables you don't want or other untagged prefix, annul the unwanted prefix if it rolled one with a tag, then crit slam Prophecy and you're done. I did essentially the same thing with a Flow of Life, Exposure Therapy, chaos res one yesterday and it was simple.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, what you're describing is basically what I'm going to do. I was seeing if there was a cheap method outside of Harvest crafting. I thought there was, turns out I was reading the data wrong.

Getting Envoy by itself, or even with an open prefix, is quite common. Got it many times last night. Can you Harvest aug a magic item? Seems that would be simpler than alt/aug/regal into full prefixes and then hope you can remove one.

Vorph

Getting Envoy by itself, or even with an open prefix, is quite common. Got it many times last night. Can you Harvest aug a magic item? Seems that would be simpler than alt/aug/regal into full prefixes and then hope you can remove one.
There are T2 harvest crafts (Primal Chimeral Grain) which essentially are a regal, but there's still a gamble that you might hit a no-tag prefix and be screwed. Also they give at least 2 mods which isn't ideal for what you're trying to do. As far as I know there's no way around the regal step since you have to change it from magic to rare. Looks to me like you have about 71.4% chance of success if you start with a magic jewel with only Envoy and no suffix at all: CoE

The other ~29% of the time you'll have to scour and try again, or risk using an annul non-fire/cold/lightning/chaos/speed + slam.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There are T2 harvest crafts (Primal Chimeral Grain) which essentially are a regal, but there's still a gamble that you might hit a no-tag prefix and be screwed. Also they give at least 2 mods which isn't ideal for what you're trying to do. As far as I know there's no way around the regal step since you have to change it from magic to rare. Looks to me like you have about 71.4% chance of success if you start with a magic jewel with only Envoy and no suffix at all: CoE

The other ~29% of the time you'll have to scour and try again, or risk using an annul non-fire/cold/lightning/chaos/speed + slam.
No, I mean use " {Augment} an item with a new {Critical} modifier " on a magic item. I can't find anything online that confirms it needs a rare like an exalted orb would. But, I'm guessing from the way you're talking, it does require a rare item.

Vorph

I'm not actually sure. I can put a magic item into one of my horti tables and it doesn't grey out, but I don't want to press the button to find out whether it does anything or just gives an error.

Edit: I see what you're saying now. I still think it will fail if you put a magic jewel that only has Envoy on it and try to crit slam, because magic items are strictly limited to 1 prefix + 1 suffix and there aren't any crit suffixes.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Evernothing

Question about Unnerve.

It says " Unnerve is a debuff that causes affected targets to take 10% increased spell damage. "

Is this calculated after the mobs resistances / mitigation?

Otherwise, what would make this any different than a passive node that grants "+10% increased spell damage" ?

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Before or after doesn't matter, it'll do the same thing. The calculation is done simultaneously as a result.

It's different because 10% increased spell damage is additive with other sources of spell damage, while increased damage taken is multiplicative with said sources, so it behaves somewhat like a MORE modifier. Although it's additive with other sources of damage taken, so if you have several, it would be less than a real 10% more.

Additive being, if you have 500% increase already and add 10%, it becomes 510% if it's additive which is just 10% of your base damage, but if it's multiplicative it adds 10% from your base 100% and another 10% of your 500% so another 50%, 60% of the base value total.

Vorph

Starting to wonder if it's worth just selling seeds and buying the shit I want to craft.
Seeds aren't really worth anything. Except for T1 speed and T2 crit, pretty much all he valuable ones are T3-4. You could sell the crafts, but that means sitting on Discord or trade chat, plus you have to figure what they are worth and deal with people trying to lowball.

I made a 1.5-2 ex cluster yesterday from a 5c jewel, 13 alts, a regal, and a couple farmville crafts (annul defense and slam chaos). Also working on that quiver I posted above, which cost me 50c and will be worth about 8ex once I get a speed slam done on it. No way I could have sold the parts and been able to buy the finished items instead, not even remotely close.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I can figure how to craft something like a warlord helm where I want some related rare affixes. Reforge until you land related affixes and the rest of them are targetable, finish up the item with annuls, augs, and benchcrafts.

Where do I even start if I want to craft a Shaper staff like this?
Code:
157% increased Lightning Damage
+32% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+2 to Level of all Spell Skill Gems
+3 to Level of all Lightning Spell Skill Gems
+1 to Maximum Power Charges
{crafted}{range:0.5}(8-10)% chance to deal Double Damage
I've been staring at CoE for 10 minutes and there just seems like too many affixes with the same harvest tag for any targeting happen. Is it the same as the helm just your first step, targeted reforging, is going to be 100x longer?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I can figure how to craft something like a warlord helm where I want some related rare affixes. Reforge until you land related affixes and the rest of them are targetable, finish up the item with annuls, augs, and benchcrafts.

Code:
I've been staring at CoE for 10 minutes and there just seems like too many affixes with the same harvest tag for any targeting happen. Is it the same as the helm just your first step, targeted reforging, is going to be 100x longer?

Are people making gear like that all the time? Some guy in my discord linked a load of stuff he made a couple of weeks ago and it's probably all worth multiple mirrors on standard as it seemed to be about as perfect as some crafts can get.

League looks pretty insane and it's making me want to play. It's going to be nerfed to fuck if it goes core most likely and I feel a bit sour that I missed this league as I quite like crafting in poe and don't tend to find it as frustrating as some here do.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Are people making gear like that all the time? Some guy in my discord linked a load of stuff he made a couple of weeks ago and it's probably all worth multiple mirrors on standard as it seemed to be about as perfect as some crafts can get.

League looks pretty insane and it's making me want to play. It's going to be nerfed to fuck if it goes core most likely and I feel a bit sour that I missed this league as I quite like crafting in poe and don't tend to find it as frustrating as some here do.
Unknown. I was hoping there was a way to harvest craft that as I imagine that's quite unreasonable otherwise.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Code:

That looks like it took a lot of -+ lightning and critical rolls. He would have started with alt rolling the +2 all spell gems, getting a removable affix with the regal, putting a junk suffix or 2 on which cant have the lightning tag, craft 'cannot roll attack mods', add lightning and rolling it til he probably got the +3 lightning skill gems then a lucky lightning aug for the damage, followed by scouring the junk sufixs and rolling criticals til he got multi, taking off cannot roll attack mods and the power charge was the last crit aug slam. If you get a non-spell critical roll at this last step you can remove it with attacks and try again.

The only dangerous step is augging the 2nd lightning and getting a flat lightning damage to spells roll or a low % lightning damage.

Last edited:

Vorph

It's a case of 'you gotta have money to make money". Costs for most of the crafts I'd like to make are in the 10-30ex range, but the final product is worth 2-3x that. Also, there's likely no way in hell you're getting enough of the necessary T1 crafts yourself, let alone the T2 crit ones. I suspect a lot of streamers showing off their insane items have had tons and tons of crafts given to them by their viewers.

That's why I'm working on two quivers and a bunch of jewels at the moment (barely any RNG involved). If I can sell one for ~8ex I can finance a couple other things I need.... but I'll probably still end up giving up once I get to the point where the only way to proceed is PLAYERINTERACTION. Especially when the only way to [mostly] avoid scammers is to use Discord.