Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You hit the Hydrosphere, Tribal Fury hits the boss. So the boss is getting at least some extra proj than without Hydrosphere.

You might be right on spread. The skill description is misleading because it says "This attack causes balls of molten magma to launch forth from the enemies you hit, divided amongst all enemies hit by the strike." But if you're hitting something single target and the balls can bounce farther away than the target...what's the point of specifying being hit?

EDIT: Looking into this a bit more. PoB has radii for minimum and maximum distance the balls can travel. If you slap a slower proj on my build, the min distance is 1(meaningless since the default is 2) and maximum is 17. The balls themselves explode for 7. So on a human size target(2), anywhere 1 - 9 is a hit, and 10-17 is a miss. That's actually just a bit more than 50%.

I have no idea how Hydrosphere plays into it though. Does it have to be placed far enough away so your swing doesn't hit the boss? Then the balls from Hydrosphere probably have less than 50% chance to hit.

And no idea if the clear with slower proj sucks. I hate gem swapping builds. Is there any good reason Intensify support only works for spells? Molten Strike gets a decent amount of strike range, might compensate along with zany APS to make the clear good enough.

Yea ice sphere sure sounds like a lot of work just to get back the old functionality of not having to melee the boss, on a now all-around mediocre skill heh.

Does molten strike actually bring anything to the table to be worth jumping through the hoops? With the way the balls work now I don't think it has the single target to be worth it and you could just play frostblades or something.

I've not actually used it all since all the reworks though so I don't know in practice how bad the ball spread is. The only video I've seen of people using it were with 700dps harvest weapons so it was hardly indicative of anything.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yea ice sphere sure sounds like a lot of work just to get back the old functionality of not having to melee the boss, on a now all-around mediocre skill heh.

Does molten strike actually bring anything to the table to be worth jumping through the hoops? With the way the balls work now I don't think it has the single target to be worth it and you could just play frostblades or something.

I've not actually used it all since all the reworks though so I don't know in practice how bad the ball spread is. The only video I've seen of people using it were with 700dps harvest weapons so it was hardly indicative of anything.
3-4M shaper dps on garbage gear(I went through the pains to make sure everything was cheap) and retarded sustain from LGoH would be the main points. I agree, it doesn't seem like "wow!" at first.

Sevens

Log Wizard
So about a week ago I fired this game back up, played a few hours a day and was having a blast
Log on yesterday and now every time I try and zone to a new area I either freeze or crash. Anyone else having any troubles?
Nothing on my end has changed, I dont have any troubles with any other games I play. Its only PoE and it only started yesterday, before that I had no issues.
I mean its at a point where the game is unplayable now.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
The other day i had the issue that i'd zone into my map and poe would crash after like 30 seconds. Used up all 6 portals that way, rebooted my computer and switched to vulcan for a while and then back again and it has "worked" since.

I say "worked" because since patch i get like 10fps in delirium and 2fps if i fight the valdo rest harbinger packs at the same time. Just pretty poor fps in general and occasional crashes.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
When did they fuckin ruin Lioneye's fall to not be able to reach all the goodies in the far east claw circle.

Ah nvm u could never get the hit/ailment stuff along the top. Dumb.

Also dumb, Asenath's Chant firing off hexes doesn't count as "cast by you".

Last edited:

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That chest he bought was almost certainly made from a beastcraft split, so the original item would have been colored using Vorici (Betrayal) 3W, then Harvest whites for the rest.
Forgot about that! Can you get 6W from fossil?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Fossils are 3W max, then Vorici or harvest for the rest.

They mass produce the bases once 6l/6w via beast split and then just stamp them out by the dozens with big fatty 4 socket resonator rolls. Anything that rolls anything interesting gets sold, maybe slammed with a harvest if it has potential for explode etc, then the rest goes back for splitting/scouring. It's like an entire fucking industry of dudes making those astral plates heh.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So about a week ago I fired this game back up, played a few hours a day and was having a blast
Log on yesterday and now every time I try and zone to a new area I either freeze or crash. Anyone else having any troubles?
Nothing on my end has changed, I dont have any troubles with any other games I play. Its only PoE and it only started yesterday, before that I had no issues.
I mean its at a point where the game is unplayable now.
For some reasons I crash a lot with this game since last patch, roughly once every 10 minutes. Very unpleasant.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had the game crash 3 times in a row on GeForce Now yesterday while trying to do a lab, which is something that has never happened in any game before. Even Cyberpunk was 100% crash-free on GFN, so needless to say it was a bit of a shock.

It's crashed 2 or 3 times total on my main PC since I started the league, which is a little more than usual. Not having any of fps problems others mentioned though; as long as I keep Shadows/GI quality set to Low I get 100+ fps (3440x1440, Vulkan, other settings maxed, all the dynamic shit turned off) almost all the time. High drops it to under 60 and Ultra drops it all the way to ~35, and no matter how much I stare at the screen I can't see any visual difference anyway.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
How risky is buying currency ultimately? Other than a tabs while leveling it's been death valley arid for currency dropping into yellow maps and was contemplating spending a few bucks to at least get a bit of gear/stability since I won't ever buy another stash tab

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
How risky is buying currency ultimately? Other than a tabs while leveling it's been death valley arid for currency dropping into yellow maps and was contemplating spending a few bucks to at least get a bit of gear/stability since I won't ever buy another stash tab

Damn, feel sorry for you, I've had great luck getting Chaos and I'm not even in maps yet.

Xevy

Log Wizard
The crashes have been real. I crashed a few times in Heist league and everyone was complaining about it, but this league I've crashed as much in two days as I did in the 2 full months of Heist. Usually I restart my client every 2-3 hours, but yesterday I crashed about 15 minutes into playing so even that isn't necessarily helping. It seems to be people with newer GPU's actually have it worse from my anecdotal evidence. People with 3000 series are crashing more than people with 1000 series etc. The biggest crashers for me seems to be "events" such as Syndicate and Blight. Blight is the biggest one I can pinpoint.

After "experimenting" with two builds (Wild strike Hyaon's Fury Inpulsa Raider, CWC Winter Orb Ice Spear Occultist) I've fallen back on what about 75% of the people I play with have started playing: One with Nothing Hollow Palm ANYTHING. I've run them before as Ice Crash Raider and Cyclone Gladiator so this round I got an explodey chest and decided to go Berserker Cyclone. Once you hit about 1000 dex and manage to keep your dex/life up high enough (go evasion, your life will pay for it) you're just an absolute boss destroyer. My Berserker kinda sucks as he has to ramp to 70 rage, but is clearing somewhere between 5-10m SDPS with more gearing to go. The best part is with this league %dex synth gear is fucking everywhere. Grab some, hit it with a life catalyst, hit it with a high level Essence of Sorrow, and then add/fix resists and you're set to jet. Great build to start with. We've got a few people playing Hollow Palm (HP) Raider Frenzy which requires some splash/+strike shenanigans, some fucked around with Smite, and I've done Ice Crash. We had a guy use Chieftain HP Infernal Blow and it was pretty decent, but it was in Heist and he got the alt quality IB which LITERALLY crashed your game when you used it for a long time so he had to switch off.

But if you need a boss killer Hollow Palm is the way to go. Get 1000 dex, Get 4k+ life, go phase acrobatics, get your resists up, and win the game. Curse on hit rings are nice and explodey chests etc etc, but you don't need them to be successful. Most people just throw on a 6link Wild Wrap or if you're cheap a 6L Brisk Wrap, recolor, and prophecy it up to a Wild Wrap. A good Brutal Restraint timeless jewel can net you anywhere from 5% to 20% (10 to 15% more reasonably) dex or depending on your gear 200+ dex as well as some bonuses. It's a great and fun sync for the Divine's you've been storing! The most complicated part of the build is balancing your resists. You're going to need good resists on jewelry and PROBABLY a few jewels with a good amount of resists. The best part is just get resists and +dex on a jewel and you're looking at some leeway on gear, passives, AND a 2% dps increase.

But if you want to learn some fights (Evasion builds and sppeeeeed) and do some good boss damage, Hollow Palm is a great way to do it.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Thanks dude, very curious to see what chief vs inquis looks like.

Deathwing Deathwing this is my current pious path inquis nonsense here. Main features are that life regen applies to ES, which seems to bypass the soul tether "no regen" clause cause I guess it's not technically ES regen? So it double dips for both and comes out to ~2kish regen depending on your life and whatever regen nodes you take. Battlemage with vulcanus gives me 100% fire convert by just taking avatar of fire normally, along with some beefy added flat fire/phys and a ton of crit.

Kinda feels like maybe I'm trying to do too much between block/crit, but I've kinda massaged it in to a decent place with a goober spell damage large cluster to make up all my missing spell block. Gear still needs a fair bit of work, but eventually I'm looking for life recovery rate on the chest, and to find crit multi for my rings/amulets since I really don't have all that much on the tree. Boots probably should be tailwind if I ever get rich somehow, and probably shaper gloves for faster casting link for bladefall allowing me to use combustion for some more negative fire res sometimes. Shaper shield is probably my current gear project since I've already got the block to support %life gain on block.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm about halfway done with my tier 2 maven fights of 4 bosses. (trying to get them all caught up to be complete through tier 3). I can see how it is seriously going to be interesting with 10 bosses in there..geez. I'm still so far behind on my gear, but am having fun with the league.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks dude, very curious to see what chief vs inquis looks like.

Deathwing Deathwing this is my current pious path inquis nonsense here. Main features are that life regen applies to ES, which seems to bypass the soul tether "no regen" clause cause I guess it's not technically ES regen? So it double dips for both and comes out to ~2kish regen depending on your life and whatever regen nodes you take. Battlemage with vulcanus gives me 100% fire convert by just taking avatar of fire normally, along with some beefy added flat fire/phys and a ton of crit.

Kinda feels like maybe I'm trying to do too much between block/crit, but I've kinda massaged it in to a decent place with a goober spell damage large cluster to make up all my missing spell block. Gear still needs a fair bit of work, but eventually I'm looking for life recovery rate on the chest, and to find crit multi for my rings/amulets since I really don't have all that much on the tree. Boots probably should be tailwind if I ever get rich somehow, and probably shaper gloves for faster casting link for bladefall allowing me to use combustion for some more negative fire res sometimes. Shaper shield is probably my current gear project since I've already got the block to support %life gain on block.

Every time I look at Inquisitor, Pious Path looks interesting but the remaining parts look clunky. Full convert BF/BB? Might as well go Chieftan and non-crit so it synergizes better with explodey chest. Basically, explodey chest is a big PITA for every non-Assassin build that wants to go crit.

If you're not liking 1-2 style of BF/BB, there are some ways to automate that.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Every time I look at Inquisitor, Pious Path looks interesting but the remaining parts look clunky. Full convert BF/BB? Might as well go Chieftan and non-crit so it synergizes better with explodey chest. Basically, explodey chest is a big PITA for every non-Assassin build that wants to go crit.

If you're not liking 1-2 style of BF/BB, there are some ways to automate that.

Where I am in my gear, as shitty as it is at the moment, I'm able to simply BB most packs. The only time I need to throw a BF in there is on a rare, or mods like +40% life, etc.

I'm about halfway done with my tier 2 maven fights of 4 bosses. (trying to get them all caught up to be complete through tier 3). I can see how it is seriously going to be interesting with 10 bosses in there..geez. I'm still so far behind on my gear, but am having fun with the league.

It's actually not too bad. The bosses seem slightly cucked for the maven fight in the same way metamorphs are slightly cucked in Tane's lab, but there are some specifically that make the fights very hard. I streamed one last night where I was able to kill it fine, but one of the mobs did something that tossed a meteor from the sky and it landed on me so fast it seemed to be unavoidable. That killed me twice. Other than those two deaths, though, I've never died once throughout the maven encounters and have done two maven 10 fights. Mind you, it could be that my build is absurdly tanky at the moment.

The goddess that tosses out the chaos degen, and the boss that tosses that meteor (This is the boss) are certainly ones to avoid. However, I did a really hard one with Lava Lake Kitava, suncaller asha, the cold/fire sisters, and a few other annoying bosses without too much issue and no death. Just took awhile.

When the maven heals them, that's just such bullshit.