Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
oh it's overbuffed as shit now

it's pretty funny reading the changes to scourge notes - you can tell we're dealing with a beat down jaded dev team

all they really had to do is the maps thing, and then a slight increase in item quant and it would have been fine, but they just said fuck it

Last edited:

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Let's say they overbuffed them. How would that effect the market?

Feels like all basic currencies and stuff like essences/fossils etc are all going right in to the dumpster in terms of price. When I can cook up a T4-5 map that drops 5 essences and 5 fossils per rare mob I don't see how any of that stuff ever holds on to any value.

I haven't seen the scarab mod since the patch, so maybe good scarabs stay valuable?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ya running scourged white maps seems to be the play right now, did one earlier with tainted currency from rares, got so many mythic orbs. As far as essences and fossils, if prices are dropping just use them yourself and sell/use whatever good items you craft.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lol you can twin the krangled mobs on your krangled maps. This economy is gonna be hilarious in a few days.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Still I've been doing 100-150 stack of T14-16 maps for a bit and still haven't gotten a T10 krangle. It does take a while to incubate no? I feel like cost to time ratio for the logbooks was way more effecient.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't done a krangle map after the change so i can't really comment on how good it is now, but the time investment to get them isn't negligible because you might be cutting your maps/ time unit in half (less sirus spawns, master missions etc) because you basically clear every map twice with the normal + krangle side of the map.

I can reccomend delve, especially cities they just bombard you with maps and currency now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
How did poisonous concoction get through the nerf pass before release? This skill is everything that gets nerfed. It can be run from lvl 12+. Clears the game almost as fast/easy as a full hollow palm leveling set but only takes a tabula. The skill has its mechanical quirks but it's easily one of the best leveling experiences for a league start. I expect it to get the full-nerfed treatment in two leagues.

• 1Like

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Been following Grims guide on Scourge maps. Anyone found another strat that works for them?

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
How did poisonous concoction get through the nerf pass before release? This skill is everything that gets nerfed. It can be run from lvl 12+. Clears the game almost as fast/easy as a full hollow palm leveling set but only takes a tabula. The skill has its mechanical quirks but it's easily one of the best leveling experiences for a league start. I expect it to get the full-nerfed treatment in two leagues.

Well, shit. I typically do 2 builds a league, depending on how long I stay interested (my second build didn't even get to 90 last league) and now I want to try it as my second.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider

Well, shit. I typically do 2 builds a league, depending on how long I stay interested (my second build didn't even get to 90 last league) and now I want to try it as my second.

Stop w/e you're playing now and do it. In fact, do yourself a favor and Pick up a +1 gems carcass jack, while they're still 1ex.

I'm playing a beefy ranger version. I will probably try out the occultist before the league ends.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I was doing Poisonous Concoction Occultist and while I wasn't feeling the league the skill was solid. If I decide to tag back in I'd probably give the Pathfinder variety a go.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
That might work. It was partly why I was asking about using two.

I was getting one shot a ton in red maps. I couldn't tell if it actual one shots or just lots of close hits. More sustain might help with the latter even though I already have sabo Regen and mine leech.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Stop w/e you're playing now and do it. In fact, do yourself a favor and Pick up a +1 gems carcass jack, while they're still 1ex.

I'm playing a beefy ranger version. I will probably try out the occultist before the league ends.
Well I've been splitting my time between Battletech and PoE, and being a single Dad, and my kid really liking Battletech and wanting to play on my Steam account too, so I just got to maps.......I am loathe to do the Acts again immediately lol. Plus I have no currency atm.

Soon, very soon.

• 1Solidarity

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm on my 3rd character now because I just can't stand dying to oneshot bullshit in 100+ scourge stuff. I think people are mostly figuring it out and checking with PoE Ninja the consensus seems to be: Armor + Determination (47% of league were running it on PoENinja list, lolz) + Molten Shell. Evasion is just dead. Velyna just posted a video about how she built up max spell suppression and then converted it to spell dodge and then went Iron Reflexes and she feels that it's just a much, much better spot than even having the almost 70% evasion she had before.

I expect another tune up patch this week since they're fixing the conflicting Scourge affixes and hopefully they at LEAST do something about the arc boys. Having a spell you can't physically dodge cast by 10+ mobs at once is just no good. Especially with their inherent cast time of 1.16 seconds. Get any cast speed modifiers on your map and you're looking to get stuffed real quick.

Checking the builds Reddit there are some pretty decent off the radar builds. Elementalists who can stack armor seem to be in a pretty decent spot. Watched some guy (BurningBarney on PoENinja) with his Wave of Conviction self cast Elementalist tear through a delirium red map without a scratch. His gear was decent, but it wasn't like HH and +4 socket chest crazy.

Champions are in fact the champions of the league atm with inherent Fortify being so fucking good this league especially for non-melee. Think they just edged out Sabs for top Ascendancy yesterday because it's just such a damage heavy league right now.

I think they want you to put like up to 20 points specifically into defense nodes to feel like you're in a good place and for most of us we just can't. Not because we can't, but because we don't want to. We've been programmed to mash every % damage we can into the build to make 10m dps into 10.5m dps. I think if they don't take Scourge mobs or the mechanic down a peg people are literally going to be building a base of defense and then just trying to scavenge dps after. This will actually lead to poor build diversity because you're going to have to stick to omega high effectiveness skills like Helix because you'll be limited in the amount of increased damage you can get from tree.

What they REALLY need is more hybrid damage/defense nodes like the block/attack nodes. Increased crit = your spell suppression is a nice mastery, but you're putting 4 points into pure defense to get that and some of the suppression nodes suck ass. I'd love to see more evasion/attack speed, crit chance/armour, or block/damage type nodes put in.

If you want to know how to make money just run T1 scourged maps over and over (cook em while you do em) and don't be a hero. Watch the "take X damage upon entering nightmare" mod. Elemental up to 10k is fine, Phys beyond 6k is almost certain death for most characters unless you time guard skills. If you manage to hit scarabs/fossils/essences per scourge rare, make sure to juice it until you can't for big payoffs. There's probably a point of diminishing returns with cook time I'd guess around Tier 5 scourge, but I don't have hard numbers. Even in a lvl 68 map with the right mods you can pull something like 20 essences, 15 scarabs, and/or 20+ tainted currency.

The only downside to running T1 maps is the rare scourged drops maps/influenced items mods afaik. You'll want to run those in red tier so a bit of a gamble there. My friend has me come in after he's run a T14+ scourged map with influenced items to scavenge all the wake-bait and jewelry. The good news is there's plenty of wisdom scrolls now to ID everything in the zone itself!

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Checking the builds Reddit there are some pretty decent off the radar builds. Elementalists who can stack armor seem to be in a pretty decent spot. Watched some guy (BurningBarney on PoENinja) with his Wave of Conviction self cast Elementalist tear through a delirium red map without a scratch. His gear was decent, but it wasn't like HH and +4 socket chest crazy.
100% T16 deli?

I started with Shield charge ignite elementalist (well arma brand untill i got the essentials), It's very speedy as long as i don't get stuck on anything and it explodes several screens with asenath gloves+ ignite prolif. Run 32k armor w/ flask and determination like you mention so i don't really die in maps just because i'm both pretty tanky and nothing gets to swing at me (also have true 60% Atk block and 30% spell block).

Atleast thats the case untill i run into a high hp scourge boss or just tanky bosses in general because i don't have much more than 1million dps because i'm trying to get a Str stack character going so i stopped investing into this one. So then when something doesnt die right away and my flasks run out i die because i have no recovery. So 10 ways are hell. Sirus is fine just takes like 7 minutes.