Path of Exile

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Noobish question. I lucked into a very solid 6l, can I hit it with ichors without fucking up the stats or links?

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Did 2 runs of Fortress T17 with 2 ambish scarabs / 1 rarer strongboxes / and one chance to reopen, even though I have the atlas for it.

Got a ton of worthless div cards, even with the more strict filter. At least I can basically facetank the boss on that one, but rly wanna find a nice come up so I can upgrade my dmg :(

Aevian

Silver Knight of the Realm
So in the interest of gaining damage without an insane investment, is it smart to try and max ele / chaos resists on ONE ring so I can use the other for crit multi and such? A lot of my gear is deoendant on certain stats like resists / int / str that makes it really tough to find an upgrade that wont fuck me over.
Yeah somewhat common to do. Yeah typically getting 1 attribute roll on a ring works fine. You can also get attributes on like helmets, boots, gloves, etc, but those attributes are going to be limited to the base of the armor spot. So you can only get dex on an evasion base, etc. So typically easier to have one of your rings with an attribute roll.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Finally finished leveling up to 98 so I can get my 2nd large cluster setup in place. Gained an absolute mountain of damage finally with 2x split personality in the mix, hit nearly 2400 str.

Could still gain another ~30% damage with a proper elevator warlord hat, but those are looking to cost like 40-50 divines and I just don't really feel like I need the damage at this point unless I wanted to start grinding ubers, but that sounds fucking awful.

Build is 10/10 tho if you can afford it - plenty of attack speed to feel good, mega fast leap slams etc, tanky enough to survive in T17s if you avoid the entirely unreasonable mods, damage is excellent even vs bosses and fissure clears screens all on its own while you're mapping.

I wouldn't attempt it with less than say, 20 divines, to cover the cost of a couple of synth bases + replica alberons though. You could do it with brutus I think but it's a lot worse. If you wanna feel even faster can swap out the replica frostbreath for a brightbeak at the cost of ~30% damage or so, which honestly may be worth it just for the general quality of life having such insane attack speed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Anyone have some recommendations for scarab combos I can try for T16s? Friday night I bought like 70 ambush scarabs and 70 rarer strongbox scarabs for 2 div, been running 2x ambush / rarer / playing around with the last slot, usually the extra chance to reopen.

Had a few decent maps with div card boxes but it is extremely tedious to stack them all in the stash and then pull the stacks to turn in.

Trying to find something similar where I can just map as usual but have better "jackpot" chances.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Finally finished leveling up to 98 so I can get my 2nd large cluster setup in place. Gained an absolute mountain of damage finally with 2x split personality in the mix, hit nearly 2400 str.

Could still gain another ~30% damage with a proper elevator warlord hat, but those are looking to cost like 40-50 divines and I just don't really feel like I need the damage at this point unless I wanted to start grinding ubers, but that sounds fucking awful.

Build is 10/10 tho if you can afford it - plenty of attack speed to feel good, mega fast leap slams etc, tanky enough to survive in T17s if you avoid the entirely unreasonable mods, damage is excellent even vs bosses and fissure clears screens all on its own while you're mapping.

I wouldn't attempt it with less than say, 20 divines, to cover the cost of a couple of synth bases + replica alberons though. You could do it with brutus I think but it's a lot worse. If you wanna feel even faster can swap out the replica frostbreath for a brightbeak at the cost of ~30% damage or so, which honestly may be worth it just for the general quality of life having such insane attack speed.

I tried the BLS version, largely agree with this assessment. Though, I didn't take it into T17s.

I had issues with the clear where you had to overcommit per pack in order to get consistent clear. Higher damage per hit or pops, I theorize, would lead to better clear. Bouncy pconc had this issue as well.

I ended getting annoyed by the single target aiming. Should I hazard a guess that you just said fuck it and were satisfied with 2 hits?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Offerings should be instant cast with a cooldown so that they can be automated. I know this doesn't solve the corpse generation part of the equation, but couldn't see how to make those supported by Automation either.

I gave the Poet's Pen - Squire version of DD a try. It's really fun, primarily because you can easily slot Inpulsa. But the build was ruined by the shitty options at maintaining bone offering. For as annoying as shield charge is, this was a bigger issue for the build. I think the build was good enough otherwise that I would have put up with shield charge.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Have hit a wall at lvl 93 with my boneshatter build. Dropped back to lvl 14 maps and got to 50%, thought I could breeze through rest of lvl just cruising these maps but keep getting blown up to stupid shit/poor play like detonate corpses.

This is my regular gear
1714410045445.png

If I equip my head-hunter then the ignite etc avoidance drops to 69%. I also tend to be more reckless as the HH buffs stack up - but even dropping back to the regular gear I'm still getting blown up.

Would more spell dmg supression help?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I tried the BLS version, largely agree with this assessment. Though, I didn't take it into T17s.

I had issues with the clear where you had to overcommit per pack in order to get consistent clear. Higher damage per hit or pops, I theorize, would lead to better clear. Bouncy pconc had this issue as well.

I ended getting annoyed by the single target aiming. Should I hazard a guess that you just said fuck it and were satisfied with 2 hits?

Yea more or less, I crossed 2400str and the individual hits are so large now that I have enough damage that it doesn't matter too much if I get 2 hits or 3.

I might try dropping multistrike from this and using a brightbeak again for larger individual hits to see if that is the last little boost to clear it needs to really feel amazing.

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TIL that Singular Focus doesn't block out T17s. It kinda makes sense because it says "non-favorited maps" which implies the inverse of a favorited map which a T17 can't be?

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Probably t17s are in some category by themselves sort of like unique maps i'd imagine, yeah. Went back on my srs guardian and put together the links for spectre and a cheapo animate guardian this morning. Only had time to do a couple maps but seemed like a decent dmg boost.

Currently using frenzy and power charge monkeys. Most of the build guides (granted they were 3.23) say to use pale seraphim and arena master. What do those 2 do that makes them better than a bunch of charges?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Charge monkeys are unreliable. I play minion builds very rarely. In fact, Holy Relic on Conviction is an attack build using minion scalars, so it only half counts. I found the monkeys, with meat shield, did not reliably put up their charges. I think it's some combination of stuff dying too fast and never engaging in combat. Support them with Feeding Frenzy instead, you'll probably get your charges but then you'll also get the hassle of resummoning them.

I believe the AI on Arena Master, Pale Seraphim, and other newer specters allows them to engage their abilities from range.

Honestly, if it weren't just a 4th gem slotted with your AG setup, I'd drop support spectres. They aren't worth the hassle and feel like PoB warrior half the time. And damn do minion builds need the gem sockets.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I haven't used monkies in forever as I cannot stand the sounds they make but people used to support them with lifetap so they'd charge roar more frequently. The idea was the they had a small mana pool so lifetap would let them use their own life? It's been a while.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Having to support those idiots with lifetap would be a dealbreaker, I'd just toss the gem at that point. I thought I read in patch notes some point back they changed charge monkeys(or spectres?) to not be reliant on their mana pool for abilities, but I can't find it.

Arena Masters are almost as annoying charge monkeys. One week of automated shouts in hideout and that shit gets muted. GGG truly does hate spectres.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Word of advice for people trying various mapping strategies - if you can tolerate it go inspect people’s bulk stash tabs for sale on wealthy exile. Some people have way reduced prices despite having a large amount of certain scarabs and it’s a great way to target farm at a discount (I got a ton of harb scarabs for dirt cheap this way -unfortunately harb profit was ass but atleast my investment was nothing). If you go to the trade site and try to buy those same scarabs in bulk you will pay almost the same price even without all the extra scarabs from the bulk sale

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Actual final setup for strength stacking I think.

Replica frostbreath is like ~15% more damage but feels like shit to place because the attack speed is ass. Brightbeak lets me max crit and fully automate despair + wither attacks since I can actually exert without multistrike in my links, plus it just feels a billion times smoother with like almost double the base attack speed. Also, baller corrupted implicits cost nothing on it.

I think getting the warcry node via forbidden jewels would end up being better than the strength node from chieftan, but it's like a 70 divine pair so fuck that, it's not like you really need more more damage than this.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Lel jewelry converted to divine orbs, always run strongboxes boys:

1714634186055.png

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm more curious wtf is going on with that 2hander for you to be carrying it in your inventory at this point in the league. Even if it's 6 linked that's just 20 fusings bro!

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
Lel jewelry converted to divine orbs, always run strongboxes boys:

View attachment 527081
Had like 6 div card converts and probably 10+ chaos convert/%chance and still not ONE altar / devoted div mod :(

Edit: I will say now that I've forced myself to not care about leveling beyond 98 I am having a lot more fun. Depending how much currency I get over the next week I may just pay for the 5 ways to hit 100 and be done with it, still not sure yet.

Last edited: