Path of Exile

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
I updated my drivers and switched from Texas to DC, seemed to get alot less frame drops/stuttering that way.

GhenghisKhan

Molten Core Raider
Lag or FPS or whatever the fuck I don't know. But this league is by far the worst I've ever experienced. I've never experienced it quite like this since the days of desync. Anyone been having the same problems? I'd like to know if it's me. I usually play out of Texas but lately I've been switching to DC back and forth. Doesn't really seem to help much. People tell me to go to Dx9 but I really don't want to do that.

I've never had any lag issues running on DC. Running a 970.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I take some performance hits fairly frequently after the patch too. I'm guessing it has to do with the graphical updates and that's why people are probably saying go to dx9. I'm usually fine and it just does the graphic downgrade thing it does but rarely I freeze up for a second or 3.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I downloaded this again to try it since I haven't played in a few years. I want to like it but god damn that inventory.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still hoping to see a good end game Tempest's Binding build, seems like running 3 6 links could be pretty broke.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Wouldn't be bad with KB altho it's not like KB needed any more clear speed improvements. Would probably be pretty decent with ele spec throw too for clearspeed.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Was leaning towards that, though I'm surprised no one's paired it with Rippling Thoughts sword. While you only get one harbinger out the proc on the sword isn't half bad and seems like it could synergizes well with cold/lightning build, maybe a Cospri + Rippling, not entirely sure.

Last edited:

Ryanz

<Banned>
I downloaded this again to try it since I haven't played in a few years. I want to like it but god damn that inventory.

Sounds like this type of game just isn't for you. I've never heard the inventory being a point of contention for playing the game.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Anyone really familiar with various Cyclone builds? I want an alt to mess with for a while before I go back to the grind to 100, and I'm not sure if I'll like it or not so I'd like to start cheap and use Ngamahu's Flame with 6L Cyclone in my Belly. If it's fun, I'm hoping that the same skill tree can be used if I buy Atziri's Disfavour and Kaom's Heart since the core of it is still fire-based Cyclone.

Big question I guess would be which class/spec to choose. I'm leaning toward Slayer after looking at some characters on poebuilds.io, since I've never really played a Duelist at all before.

I've been doing
Forum - Duelist - [3.0 Updated] For Slayer - Ngamahu Cyclone Build (Very Cheap. Easy Uber Lab Full Key Runs) - Path of Exile

Right now 91 and tearing shit up. Really fun, fast clearspeed and good single target. Also the kind of build where you can get going "fairly" cheap and then the sky is the limit as far as what you can put into it as it scales super well as you add currency on.

Main problem is xoph's blood is nice but very expensive. Still, can just spec avatar of fire and build up currency that way.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Klausdawg

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

This is my current project, take a look and see if you see anything I can improve on point / gear wise. I am using a writhing jar flask to proc the Slayer %more damage after recently killing from the worms it tosses out, only thing that isn't in that pastebin. I want to test %shock jewels to see how well it works with the Shaper 2h as well once I hit 90 tonight. Crimson Dance seems to be worth it also, going to probably grab that keystone next and see how it feels.

I see you grabbed Hematophagy leech nodes instead of Vitality Void. Are you going to go Blood Magic? My friend is making a Cyclone build too, and he's got a Starforge like you since I was going the axe route and we wanted to have things be a little different at least. We couldn't figure out why most(?) SF builds go BM and almost no Atziri's Disfavour ones do though.

I don't think I'm feeling up to 6-linking an AD anyway, so I may just buy a Xoph's Blood instead and stick with the Ngamahu axe the whole way. I'll see how it plays with Avatar of Fire on the skill tree before investing ~650c into a damn amulet though, that's for sure. Got all afternoon to mess with PoB though and see just how much difference it thinks there is between Ng/Xoph and AD/Kaom builds though. It doesn't support Molten Burst damage calcs as well as I'd like though.

Sounds like this type of game just isn't for you. I've never heard the inventory being a point of contention for playing the game.
If he doesn't at least have a currency tab, I could see the frustration there.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Ran 5 atziri sets last night/this morning and got hope/grief/rage, now i'm tempted to buy an ignorance and try her. Anyone done her with BV and whatnot before? I would like to know I have enough dps before I waste the 70c set. With conc and added fire and my golems up in base, no flasks, I have 325k dps at 20 blades, decently less if I would have to use my life leech gem instead of added fire but WM might be enough leech.

Edit: Yeah, bought an ignorance, rip 70c, my dps nowhere near high enough.

Last edited:

Nola

Trakanon Raider
My ADD kicked in again and I started leveling a pathfinder Doomfletch build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1940495/page/1

I'm currently level 68 and leveling has been really smooth. Trash just insta melts and bosses get deleted. I got all the required pieces so far but still have rings, boots and an amulet to buy so I can balance my resists for wise oak flask. I find that may be the hardest part of this build cause fire and cold has to be equal while lightning 60 over each. The most expensive things was getting two 6 linked doomfletch bows. I already had a +1 arrow drillneck quiver so I just bought an additional and I also had the Koams heart. I really recommend this build but it's not a starter due to the cost of the build.

Also I never knew this trick to get off colors on an item. I blown through much chrome trying to get that right color combination on items when I could of done it with jeweler orbs. I found about this when I had to get 4 blues on an Abyssus.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
It's only worth it for a few very specific extremely hard color combos. You're not really saving any money if you spend 4500 jewellers instead of 4500 chromes to try doing something.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I've been doing
Forum - Duelist - [3.0 Updated] For Slayer - Ngamahu Cyclone Build (Very Cheap. Easy Uber Lab Full Key Runs) - Path of Exile

Right now 91 and tearing shit up. Really fun, fast clearspeed and good single target. Also the kind of build where you can get going "fairly" cheap and then the sky is the limit as far as what you can put into it as it scales super well as you add currency on.

Main problem is xoph's blood is nice but very expensive. Still, can just spec avatar of fire and build up currency that way.

View Profile - Path of Exile - Klausdawg

Did ngam cyclinone during breach. Is def in my top 3 most fun builds.

Penance

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For four sockets you will save assloads of chromes. But yea I wouldn't recommend it on 6. In fact I wouldn't recommend ever doing off color on a 6 if you can help it. Got 4 Blues on a full armor item with only 60 jewelers.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I see you grabbed Hematophagy leech nodes instead of Vitality Void. Are you going to go Blood Magic? My friend is making a Cyclone build too, and he's got a Starforge like you since I was going the axe route and we wanted to have things be a little different at least. We couldn't figure out why most(?) SF builds go BM and almost no Atziri's Disfavour ones do though.

Starforge can deal no elemental damage so all the damage auras are out. Blood magic becomes a big gain with very little opportunity cost.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My ADD kicked in again and I started leveling a pathfinder Doomfletch build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1940495/page/1

I'm currently level 68 and leveling has been really smooth. Trash just insta melts and bosses get deleted. I got all the required pieces so far but still have rings, boots and an amulet to buy so I can balance my resists for wise oak flask. I find that may be the hardest part of this build cause fire and cold has to be equal while lightning 60 over each. The most expensive things was getting two 6 linked doomfletch bows. I already had a +1 arrow drillneck quiver so I just bought an additional and I also had the Koams heart. I really recommend this build but it's not a starter due to the cost of the build.

Also I never knew this trick to get off colors on an item. I blown through much chrome trying to get that right color combination on items when I could of done it with jeweler orbs. I found about this when I had to get 4 blues on an Abyssus.

Made the mistake of trying that build as a league starter. Will go back when I have more currency and if my dp build can't do everything I want to.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I'm almost 90 with my Frostblades and have her pretty well geared (maybe 100c worth of stuff). I'm just demolishing maps and having trouble with bosses like every other frostblades.

I kinda planned to get to this point and roll a second character that complements my Frostbalde build by being really good at killing bosses. What's a good option? I've played a freezing pulse witch and now a frostblades raider. I'd kind of like to play a marauder type that can go toe-to-toe and facetank stuff down like a savage.

What's arguably the best build to kill shaper/ guardians / lab etc?

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider

I don't think I'm feeling up to 6-linking an AD anyway, so I may just buy a Xoph's Blood instead and stick with the Ngamahu axe the whole way. I'll see how it plays with Avatar of Fire on the skill tree before investing ~650c into a damn amulet though, that's for sure. Got all afternoon to mess with PoB though and see just how much difference it thinks there is between Ng/Xoph and AD/Kaom builds though. It doesn't support Molten Burst damage calcs as well as I'd like though.

If he doesn't at least have a currency tab, I could see the frustration there.

Hematophagy gives DPS while leeching and Vitality Void doesnt is really the only reason why. I cant use BM like Byr said, I just use Grace and Vuln on Blasphemy.

Tuco Tuco Blade Flurry is still king you can do this version or there's a Beserker version thats the same pretty much as well. I'm actually doing a raider version of this to do my end game grinds on for my last challenge, if youre interested in raider I can post my pastebin.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931981