Path of Exile

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Almost made it to ledge after 32 instances and 8 deaths. That corpse exploding/MI bitch has trapped me in a hallway three times now.

Good times.

Beta key for poe, someone was trying to rmt it and I scammed it from him - ENjoy for whoever wants it - MTDHE-A884P-92TJC-6BWLT

Please say if you took it so people don't try to use it 50 times.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
FYI: you can reroll instances using ctrl-left click on a zone boundary or waypoint. Some exiles are just really dangerous to particular builds; only fight them if its a point of pride. Bypass otherwise.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
FYI: you can reroll instances using ctrl-left click on a zone boundary or waypoint. Some exiles are just really dangerous to particular builds; only fight them if its a point of pride. Bypass otherwise.
That was with creating new zones! That fucker with SB/flameblast and rf has a wicked burn at level 2, he got me while I was in a enclosed area twice as well. As soon as youre past like level 10, it's back to easy mode but holy fuck those first few levels can be bad with some bad exile luck.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Ripped like an idiot to a strongbox -- I think I may just sit out until the big beta patch hits. Hopefully we see some adjustments to caster survivability; I'm stoked about div cards and lockstep but right now, I really want to play Arc again and it doesn't seem very fun for 2.0 HC.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ripped like an idiot to a strongbox -- I think I may just sit out until the big beta patch hits. Hopefully we see some adjustments to caster survivability; I'm stoked about div cards and lockstep but right now, I really want to play Arc again and it doesn't seem very fun for 2.0 HC.
Have you tried a CoC (Cast on Crit) build? Super easy and a lot of fun. I'm running around with a stupid low amount of health but who cares it's beta!

Talinos_sl

shitlord
Haven't played this game in a couple of years now. Is it worth jumping back in?

Just have a level 79 witch with random gear.. not really sure where I'd start.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Haven't played this game in a couple of years now. Is it worth jumping back in?

Just have a level 79 witch with random gear.. not really sure where I'd start.
Depends on your attitude towards this genre. There have been many fundamental game components (masters, strongboxes, invaders, exiles...) added since you last quit. However, the largest expansion to date is in beta and we're expecting new leagues at the end of that (6-8 weeks). If you play now, it ought to be to begin familiarizing yourself with the new mechanics. My recommendation would be mess around on Standard league a bit, if you have fun and can afford to, buy the $30 supporter pack and start practicing on the beta realms so you're ready come 2.0 launch.

Overall, I think PoE is in the best shape that its ever been and the only reason I'd advise against starting now is if you're one of those guys that get uber-attached to a particular build (beta is shaking up the meta something severe).

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well realistically, the best time to jump back in would be in a month or so, when they release act4 and a ton of nice changes+full rebalance and so on.

You can jump back in now if you want though. Probably better to make a new char and build a new char from the ground up to get the basics back and stuff.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Well R I P to me - lvl 64 Flicker Strike Shadow - Merciless Vaal Desynced his smash right on my head. Can't wait for lockstep.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Rip to my level 47 KB shadow...... because fucking garbage ass TWC can't keep their internet up for more than an hour or two, apparently. 5 days now it's been dropping my connection constantly, finally works for most of today (only went down once at about 2:30pm)... On my way to cruel vaal at about 5:45 est.... byebye internet. Alt+F4'd as soon as it dropped the connection but apparently the game didn't give 2 fucks and I died to the 2 mobs on the screen before it took me out of the game.

Yay so much fun.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rip to my level 47 KB shadow...... because fucking garbage ass TWC can't keep their internet up for more than an hour or two, apparently. 5 days now it's been dropping my connection constantly, finally works for most of today (only went down once at about 2:30pm)... On my way to cruel vaal at about 5:45 est.... byebye internet. Alt+F4'd as soon as it dropped the connection but apparently the game didn't give 2 fucks and I died to the 2 mobs on the screen before it took me out of the game.

Yay so much fun.
run with a duo partner next time!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Eh, haven't seen many people online (only Vitality in the hardcore league and he was way ahead of me before he ripped). Working on a cyclone duelist now but progress probably going to be slow since i'm looking at some long work days til my next day off on Saturday. Got a 14% cyclone gem off one of the masters tho before my shadow ripped so figured i'd finally do a cyclone build.

Vitality

HUSTLE
I should probably dump some starter gear on the 1m hc guild stash. I'll look into it today - got some good stuff.

Caliane

Well HC and spotty connection is always going to result in some nonsense deaths. During the previous 1month the servers were unstable as fuck like the first weekend, had to log off and go do nothing instead of playing cause I didn't want to rip to lag spikes.

Also new teaser of some new skill:
Forum - Announcements - New Skill Teaser Image - Ice Crash - Path of Exile

Kinda looks like some sort of ice nova, but obviously won't be.
looks like a melee aoe ice attack. its off-centered to player towards npc. suggesting proc on attack.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
looks like a melee aoe ice attack. its off-centered to player towards npc. suggesting proc on attack.
Oh yeah I guess ice does need a melee attack, since the only one is like, Glacial Hammer and that's heavily skewed towards single target and freeze prolif. Fire and Lightning got their new melee skills so Ice one would make sense. Might be pretty interesting since Cold damage would tend to be the best damage type for a melee from the side effects, since freeze and chill both are really useful for survivability.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Commencing 1mhc race stash dump - if you need in the guild to view guild stash I'll be online for a short time on "Vtality"

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Was indded a melee skill:

From the datamined stuff, it convert 50% phys to ice, has 33% LESS attack speed and the 2nd hit does 33% less damage. Aoe seems shit but I assume it can be scaled with aoe mods to cover a pretty good area, looks decent enough. Also of note, it can be used with unarmed so that's one more skill for that. It's sword/mace/axe/staff/unarmed, no dagger/claw.

Vitality

HUSTLE
Sweet so it's coldsnap sweep with swords and fists.

I was hoping for something different. Like Icestrike: Send shards of ice that pierce on each swing. (like lightning or molten strike)