Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
If you find a corrupted 6L with the wrong colors but the right base for the colors you would want, you can benchcraft to hopefully the right colors with the "at least X sockets are Y color" craft.

Find any solutions to EQ's okish at best clear?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Heh EQ's clear is fucking great in mayhem, density is so fucking high that the bleed explosions just do all the work.

And yea, all the 6l bases I found were hybrid bases unfortunately. I thought about rolling the dice with the bench, but the odds of hitting 6 red or 5 red 1 green on armor/es bases didn't seem great. Then I wound up having to use like 15 vaal orbs getting a vaal molten shell and gave up on it entirely.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Steelmage was a bleed glad and he was using EQ and also found clear to be a problem. He switched to lacerate and found it to be much better for general clearing.

I figured you were just typing Xoph instead of Uul-Netol which is why I didn't goof on ya the first time you did it but the second time I wasn't 100% sure.

Pumped for endless delve. I'm repeatedly second-guessing every fucking build I've thought of so far, but then I realize I don't even need to go passed the lvl 83 threshold really so it shouldn't be a big deal unless I wanted to go DEEEEEEEP.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
The choice between EQ and lacerate in SSF is which axe base you find honestly. If your best axe is a siege you kinda have to run lacerate cause the phys roll is so low.

Lacerate is better in terms of cleaning up stragglers during clear I'm sure, but the DPS is like what, half of EQ? Less?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I haven't played lacerate since they introduced slams. Lacerate still might have an advantage in cleaning up low density packs and stragglers, but overcoming seismic slam and fist of war synergies is a tall order.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Pushed into level 95 on my HC Hiero. The demi is pretty safe now with 20 hours or so to go. I'll finish either 2nd or 3rd.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
No fucking idea what to play for this delve thing. All the missing options and lack of crafting bench make me think it's gonna be pretty fucking hard?

Won't even be able to get ailment immunity from gear at all, so thinking I may play a templar of some kind. I kinda like the idea of winter orb inquis, but I'm not sure if it'll have the damage to actually get anywhere deep.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fucking Hiero thats been chasing me played an 18 hour day to finally pass me and then died immediately after. Made me log in to run 3 maps to pass him and clinch the 2nd place. Fucker should have just quit 18 hours ago.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Probably going to play cold dot slinger. Can throw up a pob if interested.

How far are you planning on trying to go?

Everyone has such a hardon for corpse destruction but realistically that isn't gonna be "required" until at least like depth 800, which I suspect most people are not getting anywhere near.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
How far are you planning on trying to go?

Everyone has such a hardon for corpse destruction but realistically that isn't gonna be "required" until at least like depth 800, which I suspect most people are not getting anywhere near.
Until I get bored. I don't really have a goal beyond refining cold dot slinger. I tried during mayhem, liked it, so want to play it some more.

I agree that corpse destruction is overrated. I've never had that much problem noticing and avoiding exploding wetas. But I also don't push delve that far down, usually only going as far as the sulphite I get during a league will take me.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
How viable are spellslinger builds with no trigger craft? I thought most of them utilized that pretty heavily?

Like can you just still play VD necro? Having a hard time thinking of anything stronger than that for SSF in an event like this.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
AFAIK, most slinger builds do not rely on trigger craft for build functionality. Cold slinger, for example, commonly uses it for frostbomb and EE triggers. You can manually cast frostbomb when you actually need it and I wouldn't even spec into EE until your clear DPS is high enough to overcome your cold hits working against your cold dots.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I thought VD needed it for desecrate spam but I could be wrong, never actually played it heh.

I'm gonna go inquis I think and run a relatively generic spell tree and see what I feel like actually using I guess. Probably just end up on bladefall cause it's the only way to do any damage with self cast? I just can't make the numbers on winter orb work at all, but maybe ball lightning is okay in delve specifically cause of the hallways?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
VD puts desecrate on spellsinger, not trigger craft. Trigger craft has a 4s cooldown, no way that can keep up with VD.

I wouldn't say bladefall/bladeblast is the only way to go for self cast.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I think I go hardcore for this one? SSF is just gonna be a bunch of suicide rush zoomzoom nonsense to push deeper than is sane.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

Some notes:
  • The weapon and shield might be unrealistic for SSF. EIther way, I intend on throwing most of my frigid fossils at those slots.
  • The Redeemer ring is actually a Delve ring that can drop from a cold node. Another option is to vaal 4L gloves until you get ele weakness on hit. Until either of those, Power Siphon - Chain - Hextouch - Frostbite might be a better setup than Frenzy.
  • Frozen Trail, if you get one, lets you replace proj support with life leech. 2 might be useful just for the proj speed.
  • Don't know how reasonable it will be to get VRF.
  • I choose Vile Bastion for more sustain. If you have a reasonable way to get 2 curses, Malediction might be better.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Died 4 times before completing first node. Fireball was not the choice.

Pretty fun so far, I like you can just grab all the shit items, fill your inventory each node, TP back, sell, and continue on.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Fuck man I kinda love this game but I don’t know how you guys do it. Starting over constantly and learning all the shit. I’m a fan of complex games but just glancing at the crafting and learning builds and stuff makes me realize I probably just don’t have the time I need to invest, realistically. It’s taken me forever just to get a Ranger up to 60 in Standard just learning the game, and I’m sure it’s faster as you go along but I can’t imagine doing this over and over and over again every league. You have to start from scratch for these one week events, too, right? That’s crazy as fuck to me. I admire it, haha.