Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Ah so they just add monsters instead of whatever mechanic?

Yea they are solely for the bigger pack size, so you typically just spam whatever the cheapest and largest scarabs are and then get your preferred league mechanic from sextants or the atlas device itself etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really love this league

1703539140294.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I saw TullinasFeetEnjoyer crash and burn a day or two ago. Nuking a level 100 character so everyone gets to see your ridiculous name is high art.

• 1Truth!

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Can someone explain why all the high end MF tornado shot players use pure phys bows rather than triple ele bows? Just wondering what the advantage is of physical bows vs. triple ele. They still use ele damage with attacks support too. It's just a technical thing I do not understand.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Cold convert would be my guess. Also, don't assume those players are putting a ton of thought into their builds instead of following a guide. TS deadeye is a solved build.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I thought for weapons it was generally concluded a long time ago that phys is just flat out better with all the scaling options than tri ele stuff.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Afaik they use Hatred sublime vision so they get alot of damage that way allowing for more MF gear.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Can someone explain why all the high end MF tornado shot players use pure phys bows rather than triple ele bows? Just wondering what the advantage is of physical bows vs. triple ele. They still use ele damage with attacks support too. It's just a technical thing I do not understand.

Because of headhunter - the most powerful buffs to steal generally are giving phys as extra elemental damage, so having huge base phys is better than flat ele.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hatred

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, it's pretty much Hatred scaling is absolutely crazy because of the "phys as extra" modifier. Flat tri ele bows can be higher DPS, but the second you turn on a Hatred with 35% more phys as cold you're outpacing two of the three elements on the bow.

HH does scale really well with phys based weapons/attacks also, so if you're blasting 5 ways or just quick maps that's definitely a big boon.

The only thing tri ele can use to come close is Trinity support and even then it's often too much of a pain to balance properly because it requires some specialty items or multiple auras/heralds to balance things properly. With Heatshiver going from 100%---->30% it really hit the Trinity users hard as that was the easiest. Scale cold, then heatshiver, then trinity voila. Pure phys just scales wayyy easier with the use of one, and arguable the best, dps aura.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yep makes sense. I've always been Phys with HH, but this is the first league that I started tri-ele and then went to HH. Time to sell off my ele bow and get an amazing phys bow!

Thank you for the info, homies.

• 1Solidarity

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Saw on reddit someone had a phys mirror bow for no fee if you happen to have a mirror or that much currency.

Kythik

Molten Core Raider
Opinions on the best farming strat if one doesn't want to fuck with compass bulk buying? TFT has been extra trash this morning.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Getting a little more currency now but I am kinda chicken and try to level as well so don't want to buff the maps too much so I get nuked and lose EXP. I'm at 93 right now which is my first level goal. Guess I should just buff the maps all I can now and don't care if I die once or twice.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Opinions on the best farming strat if one doesn't want to fuck with compass bulk buying? TFT has been extra trash this morning.

Depends how much wisp nonsense your build can handle really.

If you can juice to 5k+ wisps and not be absolutely miserable then it's going to be wandering path + abyss + growing hordes - wisp count scales with pack size in the map, so growing hordes means easily hitting 5k+ wisps every map, which means your abysses have tons of extra projectiles for the spires to spawn tons of extra mobs to pop with all that wisp juice.

Wandering path means every map will have at least the base abyss, and then juice it as much as you can be bothered after that

• 1Like

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
T7 cemetery with that strat + mf gear seems to be what a lot of people are running. People might be using gilded abyss scarab instead of growing hordes too.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
saw a guy sayin he was doing t17 making at least 5d per map doin that.

maybe somethin like this

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Spent all evening fucking around with ambidexterity dual strike and man, this seems like garbage lol.

I think you could make the damage work, but my initial run at it of stacking rage for flat phys > fire convert with anger and herald of ash just isn't it. Even if you did fix the damage though it's just so much work to make the clear not feel like garbage. You end up needing to take 3 entire strike/range wheels, and the splash you get is pretty abysmal. Even with herald of ash burns helping you're just chasing single mobs all over the place still.

Maybe frenzy stack for ice bite and herald of ice would fix both problems? But that's not a berserker I don't think, it'd have to be slayer or trickster or something. I was also kinda banking on being able to randomly buy some crazy synthesized scepter that had attack speed and other cool stuff, but there just don't appear to be any that even exist.