Pathfinder - Pen and Paper RPG Books

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I'm a mentor on Roll20 and think it's worth it. Being able to look at the Mentor forum is fantastic because the developers actually post there. The tokens are iffy. But, they're OK. I've probably spent about $700 alone on our Carrion Crown campaign in whole (tokens, the actual campaign itself, and mentorship). ;o Tabletop is an expensive endeavor, lol.

lanludar

Silver Squire
Yeah haste is common place 14 may be a bit low actually. Give me a epic level Summoner can easily break 25 between the eidolon and summoner. All at +34/34/34/28/28/20/9 or some shit.
Haste gives one extra attack and doesn't stack. Getting 14 attacks is impossible unless you are breaking rules.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Yah, Lanludar is right. You only get one attack and it's a full round action. However, I'm sure there are mythic/empowered versions of Haste.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I was going to play a ninja masquerading as a different class to hide my identity, but now that I know Kuriin can't keep a secret I guess I'll pass.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I have the Pathfinder beginner box, is this a good option for an introductory game for a few of my friends? Is there anything I should buy in addition (have several dice sets) in terms of books, pieces, anything? Is this the best way to introduce people to the game who have never played a role playing pen and paper game?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I just played it last week and it is a good introductory to the world of Pathfinder. Are you doing it real life or on roll20? If the former, make sure you have a battle mat. It will save you the agony of attempting to draw out squares. Also, make sure you get the wet erase markers. If you're GMing, make sure you get a menacing looking red dragon token.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I can't express enough the awesomeness that is taking some giant gridded-out battle map to Kinko's for lamination. Lasts forever, and you can draw on it.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
If anyone is looking for play by post which is an entirely different experience than playing in a live game this is where I like to play. They have a lot of games going on but are a fairly small community and are always looking for new blood.

Brennor's RPG Corner Home

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I just played it last week and it is a good introductory to the world of Pathfinder. Are you doing it real life or on roll20? If the former, make sure you have a battle mat. It will save you the agony of attempting to draw out squares. Also, make sure you get the wet erase markers. If you're GMing, make sure you get a menacing looking red dragon token.
Menacing red dragon: check.

Any recommendations on gaming mats (amazon or anywhere)?

Grimsark

Back when I was in the Air Force, we always played on the commons pool table... It was a blast. I think, a few games we actually had 8 players and a DM around the thing, with room to spare.

These days, I simply couldn't justify spending a months worth (or more) of living expenses on a table... The idea is nice, but the plastic fold out table does the job at a much more reasonable rate.
wink.png

Especially when Roll20 and other online tools are getting so damned good.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Playing our first game tonight. I'm going to DM it, hopefully it won't be shitty. I've been told I have a pretty emotionless voice and demeanor.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.