Patrick Rothfuss Kingkiller Chronicles

velk

Trakanon Raider
He did a video recently on the "before you die" subject where he was explaining why he gets butthurt about it, basically he said that what he thinks people mean is that they like his work but what they are saying is that his only value to them is the books and otherwise they don't care if he dies....

Well yes, but the alternative is that he has no value to them at all, and they don't care if he dies regardless. This is the case for pretty much the entirety of the world population, whinging about it makes you look stupid and entitled.

• 4Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Well yes, but the alternative is that he has no value to them at all, and they don't care if he dies regardless. This is the case for pretty much the entirety of the world population, whinging about it makes you look stupid and entitled.
He's definitely a mega cunt, but to be fair I feel that way about the vast majority of writers. The only 2 off hand I can think of that don't come off that way to me are Brandon Sanderson and Craig Alanson.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
He did a video recently on the "before you die" subject where he was explaining why he gets butthurt about it, basically he said that what he thinks people mean is that they like his work but what they are saying is that his only value to them is the books and otherwise they don't care if he dies.... he is wrong in his interpretation no one outside of his family and close friends, and maybe not even them if he is a cunt, care about his life outside the books he puts out. I know if i read tomorrow that he died my reaction would be "well fuck I hope Brandon Sanderson can find some time in his schedule to finish these too"
Why on earth would random people care about him outside of his books? I mean I’m not wishing him harm or anything, but if not for his books I literally would have never heard his name. He wouldn’t care one bit if I died tomorrow, why does he expect any different from people beyond their desire to finish his books?

I’m reasonably certain if I actually cared enough to look into him more I would actively dislike him anyways

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
The King he kills is his rival Ambrose after he climbs the line of succession, Denna's patron is one of the Seven, Bredon (the cool noble that takes Kvothe the game of Tak) is one of the Seven, maybe the same one and a bunch of other characters are also secretly other people. Kvothe had his magic sealed by the Seven. If he can open the box in the inn he'll get it back or he's running a long con and everything was all planned from the start to bring out his enemies.

So far these books have dodged all my hack theories (which is great, I hate when I'm reading something and my hack guesses pay off) but I'm still afraid any of them will manifest.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
I would officially call this vaporware at this point. No real updates to the book and a legion of lemmings kissing his ass telling him to, "take his time". This book series is dead. Even if he does finish it, I am betting with the times we live in (and he is a professor at Madison) it is going to be woke garbage with no satisfying ending

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I would officially call this vaporware at this point. No real updates to the book and a legion of lemmings kissing his ass telling him to, "take his time". This book series is dead. Even if he does finish it, I am betting with the times we live in (and he is a professor at Madison) it is going to be woke garbage with no satisfying ending

Here, let me give you your hack ending.

A bunch of characters in the story were actually members of the Seven (Bredon, the dude that teachers Kvothe how to play tak 100%). The king he killed was Ambrose. Everything we see at the Waystone Inn is a clever ruse to lure in one of Seven which he did which is Chronicler. When the reveal happens it is going to be "ha, I know you are powerless" and a "ha HA I've known how to open that box you sealed my power in since before you even used it because of how awesome I am." Bast ejaculates with shock awe.

The story ends with Kvothe setting off to go fuck up more Chandrians. With one of them mega perma dead for real they'll be coming for him but that's fine he's got another plan.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Here, let me give you your hack ending.

A bunch of characters in the story were actually members of the Seven (Bredon, the dude that teachers Kvothe how to play tak 100%). The king he killed was Ambrose. Everything we see at the Waystone Inn is a clever ruse to lure in one of Seven which he did which is Chronicler. When the reveal happens it is going to be "ha, I know you are powerless" and a "ha HA I've known how to open that box you sealed my power in since before you even used it because of how awesome I am." Bast ejaculates with shock awe.

The story ends with Kvothe setting off to go fuck up more Chandrians. With one of them mega perma dead for real they'll be coming for him but that's fine he's got another plan.
Reading this ending makes me realize how much I forgot about this story. I recognized the name Kvothe and nothing else.

• 1Solidarity

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
I hate you guys for bumping this thread
1622380178765.png

so I guess I'm just sharing the disappointment by doing the same

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I hate you guys for bumping this thread
View attachment 355947
so I guess I'm just sharing the disappointment by doing the same

I had a shitty day and decided to share the misery by bumping this thread. Someone mentioned this book on a discord Im in kinda recently and it helps by reminding me that no matter how lazy my coworkers seem now, there's always room to be lazier. Happy another year of no book 3.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I had a shitty day and decided to share the misery by bumping this thread. Someone mentioned this book on a discord Im in kinda recently and it helps by reminding me that no matter how lazy my coworkers seem now, there's always room to be lazier. Happy another year of no book 3.

1675682211536.png

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Went through a shitload of boxes of books over the weekend as part of a junk collection purge. Both of those books are still on my shelves now, good to know I won't need to reread them anytime soon.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If he ever finishes the story, I'm going to NOT buy it out of spite. Prissy little cunt.

• 3Like

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The reader is typically better off if an author only enjoys modest success prior to the completion of their fantasy series.

• 3Like

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Didn't he pull some stunt where if he got a certain amount of $$ donated to his worldbuilders charity he would read the prologue of the book? He got the money, and I think people are still waiting for that reading.
He's such a whiny fat POS now. The crazy thing is he still has a legion of devoted followers that believe book three is coming out. It's almost like Star Citizen in book form.

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Bought the first one. Loved it. Found out about the second one, passed on it for exactly that reason.