Patrick Rothfuss Kingkiller Chronicles

So Lost

Trakanon Raider
Not to mention his charity took donations and was supposed to do a reading of the first chapter over a year ago. After the donations, he has still never read the chapter. Because it doesn’t exist
For what it is worth, he was supposed to read the prologue and he did, it is here on YouTube:

That said I believe that the world has become impatient / lost interest in the same way Martin has failed us. At this point no one has any expectation that we will see book 3.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
For what it is worth, he was supposed to read the prologue and he did, it is here on YouTube:

That said I believe that the world has become impatient / lost interest in the same way Martin has failed us. At this point no one has any expectation that we will see book 3.
Impatient? Dude. Dude. Tolkien wrote the LotR trilogy in 12 years. This idiot's first book was published 16 fucking years ago.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
What makes this even worse is Rothfuss said the whole trilogy was done before the frist book was published. He kept to that line for years, the two last books just needed editing or something

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What makes this even worse is Rothfuss said the whole trilogy was done before the frist book was published. He kept to that line for years, the two last books just needed editing or something
Maybe it's unfair to just straight up calling him a fraud, but I feel like he's been proven to lie several times now on a number of different subjects, including that he was working on the third book.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>

That wasn’t good….. that took 12 years??

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Abigailicious

Lord Nagafen Raider
Rothfuss' main character is such a self-important malignant narcissist I find it basically unreadable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
A shame. Kvothe always read like some badass Drizzt Do-Urden character whose reputation was so vast and his deeds so plentiful that you couldn't possibly fit it all into three books.

I think it might be something to do with Rothfuss personally, like something in his life which went to shit. This can't be a time issue since he could just split the third book into smaller volumes. That gives him the time he needs but not leave the impression he's done a runner.

He could just not have it in him any longer. He's gone through some shit and possibly just isn't made out of the same fabric he once was. Lost his creativity. His work ethic. Whatever.

• 1Picard
  • 1Garbage
  • 1EyeRoll

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
A shame. Kvothe always read like some badass Drizzt Do-Urden character whose reputation was so vast and his deeds so plentiful that you couldn't possibly fit it all into three books.

I think it might be something to do with Rothfuss personally, like something in his life which went to shit. This can't be a time issue since he could just split the third book into smaller volumes. That gives him the time he needs but not leave the impression he's done a runner.

He could just not have it in him any longer. He's gone through some shit and possibly just isn't made out of the same fabric he once was. Lost his creativity. His work ethic. Whatever.
You sweet summer child, it's kind of you to think Rothfuss wasn't always a complete and utter fucking twat

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Grim Oak Press is producing Special Editions of In the Name of the Wind and released a FAQ today.

Going on sale February 7th. Producing 4 different editions:

1705345505849.png

If those options aren't good enough for you, there's always the $3,000 version:

1705345622401.png

Kind of torn on this since at the time In the Name of the Wind was great and excitement was high for the rest of the series. Then Wise Man's Fear came out and took a giant wet dump and we've been waiting for Rothfuss to finish his best Martin impersonation and actually publish the 3rd book. Which I don't think anyone really cares about or has high expectations for, at this point.

These special editions feel about 10-14 years too late. But I'm tempted to pick one up and flip it to the people out there still drooling over these books.

• 2Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Last November the novella The Narrow Road Between Desires came out. It had been published previously but this was expanded a little, had some illustrations and was a hardcover. The MSRP on it was 26 dollars. I saw it at Target on sale and it was still like 19 dollars and pretty fucking thin. I don't really get it.

1705396284366.png

How much juice can be left to squeeze out of this series with the fucked release (lol) schedule? Gimmick release in November, gimmick release in February? Write another fucking book. You write another book you can do a fancy release with autographs and shit. This is just trying to grind up whatever remaining goodwill there's left with the fans and converting it to money.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Best thing that could happen to this series is if rothfuss dies and has someone else finish it

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Best thing that could happen to this series is if someone goes back in time and kills Rothfuss before the second book is published. He would be a beloved author we sadly lost before his time.

• 4Worf
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Best thing that could happen to this series is if someone goes back in time and kills Rothfuss before the second book is published. He would be a beloved author we sadly lost before his time.
What, you didn’t enjoy the fairy sex simulator book?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What, you didn’t enjoy the fairy sex simulator book?
Fairy sex simulator was funny and amusing at first but it started losing me after the first thirty chapters of it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity