Patriots Day (2016)

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I haven't seen it yet, will probably wait for DVD. I remember the incident well, the whole forum was listening to the scanner. Does the movie reference the whole online aspect of it? Like how 4chan or reddit (can't remember) started a witchhunt with those two other guys which was eventually put on the front page of the NY Post?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I haven't seen it yet, will probably wait for DVD. I remember the incident well, the whole forum was listening to the scanner. Does the movie reference the whole online aspect of it? Like how 4chan or reddit (can't remember) started a witchhunt with those two other guys which was eventually put on the front page of the NY Post?

There is a very brief mention that the media put up pictures of the wrong guys but it is mostly ignored.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is good. It has an 80% on RT's and that is an appropriate score, 4/5 on our rating scale. I don't usually like watching these types of movies, but at the end, I was glad I had.

75% documentary and 25% dramatization. So, there is some fictionalization. Like, Wahlberg's character is the combination of two real life individuals that played the major roles he did in the movie. Yeah, there are more explosions and dramatics during the gunfights than probably actually happened... but who cares. It makes for a more intense and exciting movie. What is important is that he still stays true to the people that lived through these events, telling their tale.

Peter Berg always makes sure his characters have heart and feel like real people. He tells stories of normal people that matter and have done some heroic things. If you are too cynical to respect that, you may need more life experience under your belt.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Peter Berg always makes sure his characters have heart and feel like real people. He tells stories of normal people that matter and have done some heroic things. If you are too cynical to respect that, you may need more life experience under your belt.
Obviously Berg is a massive patriot, wish the guy made more movies that werent based on real events. Hes also been great as an actor

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Obviously Berg is a massive patriot, wish the guy made more movies that werent based on real events. Hes also been great as an actor
he should do the DC Sniper story. that shit would be right in his wheelhouse. this movie fucked with my feels at times especially at the end. and yes i also remember sleuthing with you guys afterwards and then listening on the scanner for updates. dunno if that thread made the move to this board, but it would be interesting to read again.

the movie was really good at times, but in some parts they were a bit too heavy with the foreshadowing and melodrama. the politics of the whole thing will massively redpiill anyone not on board already on how much of a threat this fucked up religion is to western culture. 3.5 out of 5.

blu ray copy has been out in the usual places for a week now.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously Berg is a massive propagandist, wish the guy made more movies that werent based on real events. Hes also been great as an actor

uh huh, FTFY

This guy is a hack. Iran what motherfucker?? With an indicative dramatic pause thrown in? I found it gratuitous and disgusting.. Stick to the facts and try not to be so biased and transparent toward political purpose.

The changes to the official story only came at opportune times where there was an opening to propagandize his dumbass audience.

I knew what to expect going in, but the high-school camera work to give you that "independent Boston streets feel" completely threw it for me.

*places hand over heart, sobs while saluting flag* Repeat a few times. That's the movie.

SKIP.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I havent cared for any of his movies besides Very bad things and Battleship because it was extremely bad. I never saw Deep water horizon but im sure its just the same as all of his other Marky Mark movies

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Battleship was a great All-American candy movie. I was actually unaware that one belonged to him. Should stick to flicks like that, where people can actually appreciate the propaganda without being incensed by special interests.

I'm hard right, however the treatment of Muslims in this movie was obnoxious given the two shitheads its based on were not stereotypical Muslims. I'm not going to pretend otherwise for MAGA feel-good vibes on a forum.

The Iran thing was the "fuck this" moment that took you completely out of the movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just watched it. I liked it. I didn’t get any of overt patriotism stuff that jayrebb got.