[PC] Age of Empires IV

Sulrn

Deuces
Announced recently:

Probably a little early, but I thought someone here might know more.

Makes you wonder how many of the assets from the AoE: DE are shared from IV or vice versa.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
If they bring back the wo lo lo it's an insta-buy for me.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The question is whether or how long it will be windows store exclusive. If it comes to anything else, I'm buying it instantly.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Hard to discern if this is going to be Rise of Nations like spanning ancient to modern ages or if it will be a continuation from where AOE3 left off (Napoleonic - Victorian - WW1 - WW2 ages)

The team that is developing it doesn't inspire a ton of confidence though.

Sulrn

Deuces
Hard to discern if this is going to be Rise of Nations like spanning ancient to modern ages or if it will be a continuation from where AOE3 left off (Napoleonic - Victorian - WW1 - WW2 ages)

The team that is developing it doesn't inspire a ton of confidence though.

Going strictly with the teaser coverage - I think at this point it's safe to say its going to be bronze -> Victoria. We saw Greece/Sparta, Rome, ?, Conquistadors, American Natives, and Conquistadors again.

If you look at them fiscally, also makes sense with the AoE DE that it cover the same basic period and share assets.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Going strictly with the teaser coverage - I think at this point it's safe to say its going to be bronze -> Victoria. We saw Greece/Sparta, Rome, ?, Conquistadors, American Natives, and Conquistadors again.

If you look at them fiscally, also makes sense with the AoE DE that it cover the same basic period and share assets.

Maybe, it could have easily just been them paying homage to the different eras already covered by the series though. I highly doubt that the game will be isometric 2D so not sure how many assets they can reuse.

Sulrn

Deuces
I'm just not sure what Age of Empires brings to the table anymore. With all the innovation and various mechanics that have been introduced in other franchises, I think it's probably going to be safe to assume that it's going to be a mediocre next installment.

All we have is a teaser with no game play though, so who knows!

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe, it could have easily just been them paying homage to the different eras already covered by the series though. I highly doubt that the game will be isometric 2D so not sure how many assets they can reuse.

will big fat morbidly obese heavens myst be going pro in this?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
TBH AoE original remastered is fine, I'll play that again for a bit. I think all these strategy games confuse strategic depth with complexity, I don't have much hope for new RTS anymore.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
You can still get Win 10 upgrade for free. I don't want to, but going to have to eventually, so might as well do it while it doesn't cost me anything. Just been holding off cause I don't wanna have to reconfigure anything it fucks up.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
windows 10 only? well, fuck
The problem is that it will probably be windows store exclusive.

They can absolutely keep the old mechanics mostly intact, there's zero competition, just pack in a level editor and coop mode for all the casuals. Basically rip SC2's LotV single/coop modes.