Pebble Watch

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wife loves it so far. Has been showing if off to all of our family members and browsing for different watch faces.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if replacing the band (like i got metal) ask the watch store to also replace the springs that come with the pebble, they are really weak and not "springy". my watch fell right off 5minutes after i left the store cuz of this, they replaced the springs with their store stuff, and it was finally sturdy.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Downloading the new 2.0 firmware / app now. There are some really nice looking apps for 2.0 that I've been meaning to try.

Needless

Toe Sucker
The steel version looks awful :\ for $250 you can more than likely get a better watch.. Kind of a waste heh

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yeah, not a fan, won't be buying. It's not like there's any reason to buy another one anyway.

2.0 firmware apps are impressive so far, the API is much more extensive and the battery life sucks less.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The steel version looks awful :\ for $250 you can more than likely get a better watch.. Kind of a waste heh
I showed my wife this new one and before she knew about the price increase she said she liked the red one better.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
did they mention anything about upgrading the face to at least glass? or mineral? or something above plastic that fucks all scratches like nothing?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
It's Gorilla Glass. So still the same thing as far as I know.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
It's Gorilla Glass. So still the same thing as far as I know.
the new steel has gorilla glass, the plastic one has some scratch resistant coating, which is imo shit since i scratched it up in my first 2 hours of ownage (i was moving, but come on, it's not like i was rolling around on gravel)

so i guess steel comes with... steel, gorilla glass and 2.0firmware, also watchface is bigger? idk steel looks ugly imo.