Peglin - Roguelike Peggle

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

In Early Access at the moment. Think Peggle + One of the recent deck builder roguelikes.

Your Baby Yoda character faces off against different enemies each board. Shooting your rocks on the peggle board bounces them around. Each peg is worth +X damage you'll do against the mob. The board has crit nodes and refresh nodes so that you won't run out of pegs.

You also have different types of ammo. For example: Ball Lightning which zaps adjacent pegs and will attack all enemies in a column. Daggorb which does extra damage with crit nodes. Swoltorb which increases the amount of damage each peg provdies. And so forth. You can also upgrade orbs to make them stronger.

So far it has been really fun. I could see multiplayer being pretty fun in a Worms Armageddon way. Making fun of each other for their shitty shots. There are supposedly classes being added in the future as well.

I don't know if it is currently worth the $20 EA unless you really like the Peggle concept. But I've got my money worth and hope it continues to be improved.

Thanks to Caliane Caliane and meStevo meStevo for casually mentioning it in other threads.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
A handful of streamers played this a bunch a week or two ago. It looks like it could be some good entertainment, but it doesn't feel like it's worth $20.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, this and Tower Tactics: Liberation have been my ADHD 'can't decide what to play' go-to games of late.

1654013285586.png

21 hours... of roguelike peggle. I'll end up with 50+ over the next couple months I bet.

They're about to add more characters to play also.

$20 is steep, but there's a demo, too.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Yeah $20 is a hard pill when you look at the style and concept of the game. I had $25 in my Steam wallet and tend to value things based off how much time I think will be spent playing. In High School I worked in the campus library digital media lab (basically supporting our Mac Pros and large format printing for students editing videos or printing topos), and with a lot of downtime played HOURS of Peggle instead of doing homework. So I kind of already knew that $20 worth of play time will easily be met here.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I feel like a lot of us old fucks, including me, have miserly game purchasing habits built from a childhood of having to hustle our nickels together for weeks to get the latest NES, atari, computer game from Egghead, whatever. Now some of us making six figures, have a big ass mortgage for a house we sit in and judiciously decide whether a game is worth our hard earned $20 while we play a few hours a week.

• 3Solidarity
  • 3Like
Reactions: 5 users

Caliane

yeah, I'm poor.. but it still the same.
90$ for gas. ok. 20-40$ for a meal out. ok. 30 bucks for tequila, or whisky. ok. steak, etc.. hell I spend like 2-4k/year on landscaping. but, $20 for a game? hold up. better be sure it's fantastic first!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I feel like a lot of us old fucks, including me, have miserly game purchasing habits built from a childhood of having to hustle our nickels together for weeks to get the latest NES, atari, computer game from Egghead, whatever. Now some of us making six figures, have a big ass mortgage for a house we sit in and judiciously decide whether a game is worth our hard earned $20 while we play a few hours a week.
Combined with being burned by decades of games we purchased and having buyers remorse.

Edit: Bonus amusement that we all have like $2k+ computers that we use for games that could run on a potato

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got excited when I saw the description as rogue lite Peggle. Turned on a Twitch stream and it looks like...ass? The original Peggle 15 years ago looks amazing compared to this. Why would anyone pay for this?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Got excited when I saw the description as rogue lite Peggle. Turned on a Twitch stream and it looks like...ass? The original Peggle 15 years ago looks amazing compared to this. Why would anyone pay for this?
Ugly pixels is the new neckbeard rage.

I don’t mind if the gameplay is good, and some pixel games look pretty good. Agree this one looks like shit though.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
This game is fun, but it is not very deep. There are only two possible 'bosses' per stage and there are only three stages.

• 1Like