Pen & Paper/Traditional RPGs

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Finished up the star wars campaign a little early due to people moving away/RL issues and this is leaving me feeling a little empty.

So I will be starting up a internet pen and paper game usingFantasy Grounds :: The Virtual Tabletop for Pen Paper Roleplaying Gamesafter playing with Kirun on Roll20 and quitting because something is lost via VOIP I decided to make this session typing only and see how that goes.

More then likely it will be savage worlds necessary evil but may do something DnD 5e related. More details soon, reply here if interested.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Sort of interested... is it asynchronous or do we need to all be present?

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd be curious to try 5E myself - Savage Worlds was just OK, and do prefer the non-voice idea, while it was cool hearing some of the guys voices from here, mic issues were plentiful for me since I so rarely do voice comms.

Nite1

<WoW Guild Officer>
I'd be kind of interested as well. Although I've never actually played before I picked up the dnd 5e players book after getting into critical role... then again if you only want veterans I completely understand.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Sounds interesting. Do you have the ultimate version or just the regular license?
Nothing at the moment but will go ultimate so no one else has to pay anything.

I don't care if you have played before the most important thing is showing up on time and willing to learn the basic functions of the tool so your not asking basic questions like how do I roll 2d6 or whatever.

I myself have only played 5e for a few hours but I GM Pathfinder and the like all the time so can't be that different.

More info soon once I learn exactly how much I need to spend in order to have most/all of the assets needed etc.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Just looked at that link Fantasy Grounds, consider my interest increased. Looks quite solid!

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
My group has been playing Skulls and Shackles (Pathfinder) for a few months. It definitely takes a while to get into story wise and combat often takes freaking forever. (Though, still not as long as 2+ hour battles on 3.5)

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
My group has been playing Skulls and Shackles (Pathfinder) for a few months. It definitely takes a while to get into story wise and combat often takes freaking forever. (Though, still not as long as 2+ hour battles on 3.5)
Still playing on Roll20? And yeah I am running a 6 player pathfinderpaizo.com - Store / Paizo Inc / Pathfinder¬?? / Pathfinder Adventure Path / #73??"78: Wrath of the Righteous (PFRPG)we are up to the climax of sword of valor, get through about two encounters a night due to all the rolls people are making heh. Certainly is epic in scale, the mass combat is done well though.

Just looked at that link Fantasy Grounds, consider my interest increased. Looks quite solid!
Yeah what sold me as a GM I can lock your tokens down forcing you to show me the path you are taking to a mob or through a dungeon, I can then confirm the movement triggering ambushes/traps or story encounters, even sound effects that player can only hear via a whisper.

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have wanted to get in to this for awhile now. I have been looking at DnD5e or Pathfinder. I have signed up for roll20, but haven't joined anything yet. Kind of waiting until school starts up again (I'm a teacher) and I get in to a routine once more.

Anyone here hosting anything soon?

Black Sun Wizard

Silver Knight of the Realm

I don't care if you have played before the most important thing is showing up on time and willing to learn the basic functions of the tool so your not asking basic questions like how do I roll 2d6 or whatever.
People showing up on time and / or flaking out has been the bane of my online roleplaying existence for 3 years now.

I still have a regular license to Fantasy Grounds and I pay to support the Roll20 guys. If you put something together at a decent time, count me in!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone here ever play any of the Warhammer 40K rpgs? Dark Heresy, Deathwatch, or Rogue Trader? Or DM them?

Curious how they play out.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Anyone here ever play any of the Warhammer 40K rpgs? Dark Heresy, Deathwatch, or Rogue Trader? Or DM them?

Curious how they play out.
Dark Heresy is about as far from noob friendly as any pen and paper game can get, and holy shit does it punish fucking up or not know something. That said any decent GM can make it fun, we usually end up demons and or dead by third session.

Sterling

El Presidente
Bust out some 1st Edition AD&D. Unearthed Arcana was totally balanced and reasonable. Paladins getting all the Cavalier abilities for free and Barbarians!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Dark Heresy is about as far from noob friendly as any pen and paper game can get, and holy shit does it punish fucking up or not know something. That said any decent GM can make it fun, we usually end up demons and or dead by third session.
I always thought it would be fun to run sorta side by side Dark Heresy and Deathwatch campaigns where the players periodically have to call in space marine backup, but instead of it just being a thing that happens, the players switch to their Deathwatch characters to get it done.

Dioblaire

And now my Watch has ended...
<Donor>
5ed is pretty fun to play. I have a game I play on Weds with my friends. It's a nice change from 3.5, but not as annoying as 4th. I highly suggest it, and would be interested in playing Thursdays as well.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yeah we've sold quite a lot of 5th at my store. Haven't played any since 2nd and don't have time for it, but it's very popular locally.