Pens

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Was looking at refills, wondering if I could get a gel / rollerball . . . and then realized I have never seen the subject on here. We have fashion, etc etc.

So, gel? Fountain? Roller ball? I am think the one I liked the most was gel, havent used a fountain in years, remember using a roller ball but cant remember shit about it. Lol

Edit: Went and looked cause I couldnt remember, but I have 2 decent pens, 1 is a roller ball, 1 is a ball point. Thinking I need to buy a cheap fountain and gel, spend some time using them etc.

Anyway, any advice? I know absolutely not a fucking thing, but I want something that writes well and shows the strokes / lines well.

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
I don't know a goddamn thing about pens but I just bought a Pilot MR fountain pen and it writes really well. Even my garbage handwriting came out smooth.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I had 2 or 3 shit pens that wrote really well . . . but someone at work walked off with them at some point in the past month.

Right now I have a Waterman set, and a Mont Blanc (the mont blanc is fat as fuck and I cant stand it). So thinking about using the Waterman at work, but its a ball point and really want something that writes better / shows strokes etc.

Dunno, figured some of the blue bloods we have around here might have some input.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I got nothing - I use whatever pens work supplies; some are good, some are shite. What are you doing that requires precise inking?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
919fa618741341db918922fe04324285.jpg

Me on the job. I carry 3-4 pens and two penlights at all times because one or two will undoubtedly go missing through a shift. -.-

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LaGSaLoT

Golden Knight of the Realm
Lamy Safari is a great EDC fountain pen that writes quite well and will withstand day to day use. Also relatively cheap in the world of fountain pens. The Parker Jotter is a decent ballpoint pen that will last a while as well. You can adjust the tip size with different refills to your liking, I prefer medium point.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Pens? Who physically writes things anymore? Work tablet for meetings/notes and digital signatures on anything.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Pens are notorious for having wings and stethoscopes are notorious for having legs. ;[

Siliconemelons

My pops does wood turning and makes pens, cross comparable refills usually- but the initial stuff he gets with the blanks are generic.

I bought a 1$ space pen from the dollar store, shit.

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Pens are notorious for having wings and stethoscopes are notorious for having legs. ;[

When I was working on my BSN, a doctor asked to borrow my stethoscope. She examined the patient directly in front of me and walked out of the room with my stethoscope. Being a nursing student, I knew my place on the hospital hierarchy was lower than the guy with down syndrome who brought trays to the unit, but I didn't have another stethoscope and I couldn't afford a new one. Luckily, she didn't get pissed when I chased her down the hall to ask for it back.

Aamry

Blackwing Lair Raider
I do not recommend Bic VelocityGel. They write intermittently at best. Horrible pens.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider

That's what I use around the office. Only downside is that sometimes they go wonky and leak ink fucking everywhere. The other day while reading a bunch of boring shit I absent mindedly linked the clip on the lid to the clip on a mechanical pencil (Pentel P205), and was spinning the Uni-ball around on it. Only spun it a few times. Looked down, and the centrifugal force of spinning the pen had sprayed fucking ink all over my jeans, shirt, desk, and documents. They've also kind of shitty if you're doing any kind of drafting or tracing with a straight edge, as the ink has a tendency to run along the straight edge and blotch like crazy.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Sounds shitty. Have yet to have that issue and do not want it. So far my favorite pens and I write a ton with pen and pencil.