Phone virus?

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Nexus 6 on cricket. Chrome browser

Think i have something as wife received 2 texts with tiny url type link from me. They don't show on my messenger but she sent me a screen shot. I did have earlier one of the politics thread links like do a pop up or changed pages on me as i was reading. Unsure if related.

I don't see any apps running i don't recognize. Any remedy other than nukng with factory reset? Possible it's on her end since she reads facebook clockwork etc?

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Nuke both phones and be done with it. It takes all of 5 minutes to do a complete nuke nowadays sans the backup.

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Good question. Personally, I have no idea. The only mobile antivirus/etc software I've used is ESET. And when I backup my phones, I only backup the photos/videos and zip backup my SMS messages (wtf else do you need to backup on a phone? connect to wifi and redownload yuour apps).

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm starting to think it's just her phone. I can't see my messenger sending the links, and no one else has received them from me. Trying to get her to at least try AVAST or something on her phone.

She would be like 5 pages on annoying shit my wife does thread. Convincing her to do anything whatsoever even in her best interest is basically finding a cat that likes baths.

Little leary of a reset since I think the 2 games I play I've heard had real bad issues about getting unrecoverable when changing phones or anything.