Pick 5, the 5 People who change the way you think?

Titan_Atlas

Deus Vult
<Banned>
Name 5 People you look forward to reading because they influence the way you see the world.

I want to compile a list of people to read and i want to know who blows your mind and why. Thanks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
1. Lumie

Lizard people

2. Fedor

Tranny dicks

3. Lithose

Politics and stuff

4. Sean

How can this exist.

5. Mist

Why isn't this dead yet.

• 4Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 4 users

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Arthur Allen Leff, Some Realism About Nominalism.

Should be required reading in any entry level philosophy course: all logic (and thus all philosophy) rests on a set of unprovable axioms. The difference between any particular logical structure (say atheism) and another logical structure (say Christianity) is that set of unprovable axioms.

• 2Like

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Milo Yiannopoulis
Gavin McInnes
Julian Assange
Tomi Lahren
Alex Jones

• 4Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
Hermann Hesse. Siddartha.

I'll end it there

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
- "If you let my daughter go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you."
- "My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions and loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next."
- "The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
- "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tanhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die."
- "Shaka, When the Walls Fell"

• 4Like

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
1. Dylon
2. Dylon
3. Dylon
4. Dylon
5. And Dylon

Cause he spits hot fire.
giphy.gif

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Name 5 People you look forward to reading because they influence the way you see the world.

I want to compile a list of people to read and i want to know who blows your mind and why. Thanks.

How can I look forward to someone blowing my mind before I read them?

Darwin
Dawkins
Hemingway
Aurelius
Steinbeck

(Hitchens)

• 2Like

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Arthur Allen Leff, Some Realism About Nominalism.

Should be required reading in any entry level philosophy course: all logic (and thus all philosophy) rests on a set of unprovable axioms. The difference between any particular logical structure (say atheism) and another logical structure (say Christianity) is that set of unprovable axioms.

You are still on about there somehow being 'different forms' of logic, eh?

There is either logic or there is not logic. <-- That is a statement that uses logic. P or Not P.

There are not different 'forms' of logic. My God, that is simple Platonist metaphysics on its face. Metaphysical 'Forms' that then somehow manage to beget reality? Yikes.

There are not varying 'forms' of the integer two. There is only the integer known as two.

This Leff guy has been given way too much credit.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty