PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

A new 7.62, probably more of a DMR like the M16A4. Supposedly on the "rare" spawn table.

So now you can roll with a AK and red dot and SKS with 4x, same ammo and now youre covered.

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Upcoming Weeks
General Gameplay

• Sprinting while crouching will be fixed, not intentionally
  • Squad Map Markers will be added
  • Friends list on steam is being looked on
  • Late circle speed will be adjusted

Items & Gearing

• Durability changes will be coming in the next weeks
  • Grenades are being worked on, clunkyness is gonna be gone

Additional Content

• Word will be out about custom game servers etc on the upcoming weeks
  • Information on motorbikes and how they work etc.
Upcoming Months
General Gameplay

• Vault Mechanic, Climb and such will be added, jumping will be reduced to realistic levels when vaulting system introduced , which is expected to take 2 months(end of May)
  • Grass are being worked on to make no difference in game play
  • footsteps on crouching may be a bug and fix is inc in the upcoming months
  • Plans on more death screen stats
  • Play again button is being talked about after death
  • Bullet drop will be worked on. Zeroing is kind of a problem currently
  • Building Window opacity and stuff will be tweaked in the upcoming month
  • UI Improvements will happen over time, it is still heavily work in progress. And being deeply cared about

Items & Gearing

• Flash Hider will be useful since they will add some more light on gunshots
  • Making flashes and stun grenades more viable is being talked about internally

Performance & Stability

• AUS Servers are coming and being set-up, next week for announcements
  • Server stability will be improved
  • Positional Audio improvements over months
  • Server clunkyness is being worked on hard, expect a fix in the upcoming weeks/months
  • Foliage distribution is being worked on
  • Physics and vehicles will be worked on

Additional Content

• FOVs will come later on
  • Streamer Features will be coming
  • Full controller support will be implemented going forward
No ETA
General Gameplay

• Rewards for ranks are being thought about
  • Seasonal Leader boards with ranks
  • Unranked servers will be available later on
  • Ranked competitive games
  • Togleable ADS will be coming, currently Q&E buttons.
  • Revive clock should stop when someone starts to revive you, it's a bug that it continues to clock down right now
  • Hardcore 1st Person only modes and no crosshair on TPS only modes, FPS only mode servers will be there eventually
  • Destructible buildings are in their radar but stability and optimization comes first
  • FOV Sliders will be available in the future, FOV adjustments done by the people on their own will not be punished
  • Medkits and boosters will available to be used in a moving car. Eventually
  • Killcams are being worked on
  • Crosshair customization will be there
  • Gun sounds will be lowered on lobby
  • Hit effects will be changed like "puff of dust" if the person shot is wearing armor, current blood puffs if not wearing armor etc.
  • Ranks above people's heads to see their ranks in the lobby
  • Unranked servers to train without the worry of losing points etc

Items & Gearing

• Rangefinders / Binoculars will be added
  • Second options with scopes, ACOG with red dot and such
  • New handguns will be coming
  • Weapon leveling system and such are being worked on but will need some time, leveling will unlock new reload styles and such, which won't effect the gameplay
  • New set of weapons, no word on those yet
  • Larger caliber weapons may come, but balance comes first on the classes.
  • UMP and some more weapons will be reworked because they think some are currently too weak

Performance & Stability

• Plans for servers all over the world

Additional Content

• Community made skins may be possible but there are more important matters and will take some time
  • Battleroyale crate will be coming with references to the movie
  • Shooting Range will be added to practice weapons and such
  • Steam marketplace integration
  • Crate system, no monetization until after EA is complete
  • Weapon Skins will be coming - Skins are wanted to be realistic
  • Snow is wanted but performance heavy, being hold on
  • Steam achievements are gonna be there
  • No word on next map, PU Said: "ruins the surprise, right?"
  • Rare skins are being thought about like knives in CS-GO
  • Twitch parachutes may come again later on
No Plans
General Gameplay

• No rejoin function on crashes etc. Rather get rid of the crashed altogether

Items & Gearing

• Holding multiple armor and helmet will not be possible.
  • Locking vehicles, no plans to do that

Additional Content

• No helicopters
Additional Information
General Gameplay

• Ranked system is ELO based: Win Points(20%) + Kill Points(100%, Kill points are calculated based on the ELO of person you killed, timing of the kills are not factored in) + If you die to an utter noob with low ELO, you will most likely lose ranking depending on their rank.
  • Different ranks for Solo, Duos and Squads
  • There will be matchmaking on ranked server where it will try to match you with similar ranked players
  • First 10 minutes are meant to be looting based until you get to the blue zone
  • Cool mods may be added to the game if good
  • Patch will be sent out every month
  • Putting all resources into optimization and stability
  • 35+5 people working on PUBG, 10+ programmers included
  • Realistic elements are supposed to be focused on Gun play and such, fall damage is like this on purpose
  • Probable full reset on all stats on full release
  • 3rd person shooting is intentionally less accurate than 1st person shooting
  • Probable full reset on all stats on full release
  • Forums are the best way to reach out to devs for suggestions and report bugs
  • Bans(justice) will be distributed to the cheats on the form of Waves, which is believed to be the most efficient way of doing so
Items & Gearing

• Angled Grip= Vertical and Horizontal Recoil Reduction by a small amount
  • Vertical Fore grip= Horizontal recoil by a large amount, they may change
  • Flash Hider= Changes muzzle light and particle effects of the gunshot + small amount of vertical and horizontal recoil reduction
  • Compensator= Decreases vertical recoil by a large amount
  • Suppressor= Adds a bit more spread(?) + Sound muffling

Performance & Stability

• Disconnections should be fixed, if you get them, go to the forums and report it

Additional Content

• E sports will take some time but they want to make it grow organically, main problem is how a battleroyale scene would work in real life scenario
  • Crate prices are intentionally increasing to keep the economy stable, items will be sellable on the steam market and the in-game crate prices reset every week, limiting how many crates you can open a week is important for the purpose of item rarity on the marketplace.
  • Pioneer Crates are just initial set of skins, more will follow
  • Mods will be working on dedicated servers with private servers. more info later on, not entirely decided
After the game is out of EA
  • Micro transactions will be in-game after EA is completed, like CS-GO keys and cases
  • Console version will be worked on after PC version is done
PS: I think listing with * doesn't work for some reason, please excuse the bad looks on this. All the information here have been thoroughly gathered from the Dev stream that ended couple of minutes ago. If anybody believes i misunderstood something, please lemme know. If you send me the correct information time stamp, i will check on the video and correct it for sure.

PS2: Information here are said by PLAYERUNKNOWN himself on the stream.

Full stream can be watched on this link if you have any doubts about the info here:
Edit: Formatting and Typos

Edit2: Correction on jumping being removed

Edit3: Added few more thins i have missed and reworded some stuff, fixed grip information + added other attachment information

Edit4: Complete formatting overhaul

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So is this better enough than h1z1 that I can throw 30$ at it? It looks pretty functional from what I see on Twitch, but I'm just so fucking tired of these half-baked pvp-survival games I can't bring myself to blindly buy another one.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So is this better enough than h1z1 that I can throw 30$ at it? It looks pretty functional from what I see on Twitch, but I'm just so fucking tired of these half-baked pvp-survival games I can't bring myself to blindly buy another one.

Its not better (although I would say it blows it away) its different. H1Z1 is more arcady while this is more of a tactical type arma 2-3 type experience. Gunplay is way better with varying weapons for your playstyle, along with different scopes, snipers, DMR, smgs, etc... Its not fully optimized yet, but its getting there. And from the above list, you can pretty much see how they want this game to go (And they are actually doing it, unlike Daybreak).

Last edited:

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
The two games play totally different. This game seems more tactical, slow moving but fun as hell. They need to get rid of some of the server issues and clunkiness. The AWM sniper rifle is just insane, totally OP if you can manage to find one with an 8x scope.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I hate the click to ADS type shit. I hope they change that soon. Because I never played a game with click to ADS, so its fucking hard to get use to. Its gotten me killed so many fucking times, its literally AIDS.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I full Utnayan'd and bought the game because my 2's partner caved first. Still 0 wins for me, but I only play 2's and most of the time cause of death is fights we never got to fight back in or the circle. I think it's the 3rd circle or so that seems to be miscalculated. Summit calls it the 'death circle' where the map seems to shrink a large amount and the circle is incredibly damaging for how much you have to run. They really need to tune that shit. It's entirely possible it's dynamic, but I don't think so. There's usually 30-40ish people by the start of death circle and 20 or less by the end.

Game still needs some tuning, but honestly it's more fun just watching streamers. Watching Witwix, Moonmoon, Fl0m, and Grimmybear play squads last night I was crying. They were mostly hammered and I'm 80% sure Grimmy was irked by that because he's a very competitive, cocky guy in these games. That made it all the better. And made THIS fucking AMAZING:

GAMIN WITH MA BROS

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
kF99d255OL0O5cYZlWo1guXeyh57AfF4gVOcooM3lZg.png

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Xevy

Log Wizard
Delved into solos yesterday because my 2's partner has basically already quit. Here's the sweet, sweet breakdown of the first 3 rounds.

Land 1: No weapon, 4 people at the 4 houses in the woods I chose. Death.
Land 2: Land near Severny, run to a buggy, a guy punches me on the way, so I'm at 75% hp. He gets in the back of my buggy so I drive to another car and get in it and try to drive away. He gets in buggy, drives full speed into my UAZ, knocks my UAZ 100 feet in the air and it lands in water and I die instantly. Siqq.
Land 3: I went to military base because fuck these starts anyways. I get a KAR, I get an 8x, I'm set. Client crashes while running.

Took about 15 minutes to try and relaunch game, finally got it up.

Land 4: I get a place to myself, get an m16, get an actual 2 helmet, survive circle one. Kill a guy in the back (the only way in this game) running. Survive circle 2. On edge, hear shots. Find guy, fight him, kill him. Guy he's fighting shoots me and gets me to basically no hp. Prone to bandage, keeping eye on guy. Shot in the back of the head from another guy.

Annnnnddddd I'm done with this. The last round was fine, even how it ended, but just the fucking landing is dogshit. 100 people landing ontop of each other or rushing to the same fucking cars to go to the same edge cities. They need to split it into 2 planes.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Sounds like you need to learn how to deploy better. If you don't like your odds of surviving the mad rush at the popular drop locations then don't do it? There are plenty of small clumps of buildings spread out all over you can dive to from almost any plane drop path where you'll have at most like 1 other person to contest with.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Sounds like you need to learn how to deploy better. If you don't like your odds of surviving the mad rush at the popular drop locations then don't do it? There are plenty of small clumps of buildings spread out all over you can dive to from almost any plane drop path where you'll have at most like 1 other person to contest with.

The first drop was a group of 4 houses at max distance from the plane mid plane flight. The fact 3 other people landed there was super fucking irking. The 2nd time I did the current 'pro' strat of going to a known car then driving across the map as far as possible to loot in peace. That's when I got flipped by a fucking buggy. The third time I didn't even rush. I landed on the southern island, but at isolated houses on the southern part.

Every time I drop I either go for a vehicle or I go max distance to a secluded spot. The problem is that's the strategy for about 75% of the population so you're almost better off fighting the idiots that go to the first main city they see and winning the RNG loot war.

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Got a couple wins last night playing fours. Decided to join the queue solo and found a group of three that was actually communicating. Ended up playing five or so games with them. We did a fair bit of waiting around as the circles were on top of us for a lot of the game a few times, but that's the game I guess, just stay alive.

I find the HK 416 to be my favorite weapon that is a ground spawn. Haven't gotten to use the M24 or AWM yet, usually like to play a rifleman role, never been much of a sniper.

For sure though, the game is really fun when you have people working together.

c58psUU.jpg

6E9wpDI.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
My 2s partner keeps dying like a mongoloid and I have to win these solo. Wtb new team.

CtNr3EX.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Played my first round last night, really fun game. I like their solution to force combat and I can't wait to get home to play some more.

Add me on Steam if you guys play.

First half of this video had me rolling.

Last edited:

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have been playing this for the last two days, it's really fun. I'm good at staying alive, not good at actually winning a firefight. Not really a FPS player the last few years so to be expected. Wish it had some sort of killcam because half the time I get sniped by someone I never even saw.