Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob

tbh tl;dr but i think someone said Project Spartacus, which is a combo of PS+ and PS Now, will not offer first party games as part of the sub on release day but only indie games

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Lord knows why Sony bought Bungie instead of From Soft. What a colossal mistake.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Del

Vyemm Raider
cm64wbkmk5f81.gif

• 8Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still out of stock for everyone else? Also, what's with the advertised price disparities? Best Buy shows $500 and Walmart shows $800 (not that either has them).

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Still out of stock for everyone else? Also, what's with the advertised price disparities? Best Buy shows $500 and Walmart shows $800 (not that either has them).
Walmart has 3rd party sellers so you're seeing scalper prices.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Lord knows why Sony bought Bungie instead of From Soft. What a colossal mistake.

Probably because From Software is a company being sought after by both Sony and Microsoft, but they won't sell because they know they will be worth far more after the launch of Elden Ring.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s not like From has a for sale sign on their front lawn and Sony picked one over the other. Sony could’ve tried and From said not interested.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Or we just haven't heard about the purchase yet. Apparently Bungie is just the first of multiple acquisition announcements.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I don't see FROM being bought up.. they seriously don't need the help obviously, I know the only time I would sell if I was FROM is if certain people were getting ready too retire..

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Looking into it, From was bought all the way back in 2014 by the Kodakawa Corporation, so it may not be up to From themselves? On one hand we'd get Bloodbourne 2 most likely, on the other it probable means exclusive to Sony again so fuck that. Fuck Sony till they pull there head out of ass and release on PC simultaneously.

• 1Like

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Yeah From is already owned by a Japanese media company. That might hold it up, but would also protect them from being purchased by MS.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Looking into it, From was bought all the way back in 2014 by the Kodakawa Corporation, so it may not be up to From themselves? On one hand we'd get Bloodbourne 2 most likely, on the other it probable means exclusive to Sony again so fuck that. Fuck Sony till they pull there head out of ass and release on PC simultaneously.

Yeah, Bloodborne IP is owned by Sony and not From Software, so that IP will be exclusive no matter if From Software develops it or Bluepoint (most likely they are doing the remake). And Sony already has a financial partnership and part ownership with the corporation that owns From Software, so if anyone would take over From Software I guess it would Sony and not Microsoft.

As to the "live service" games. Qeynos!

spronk

FPS noob
should see some stuff tomorrow, Sony direct showcase featuring Gran Turismo 7 and Ghostwire Tokyo, both games release in the next 60 days.

but also

Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Brad2770

Gran Turismo still holds the number one spot for best commercial in my opinion.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I have a massive Playstation backlog so getting the PS5 was like buying a new computer rig, where I can now play all those games with faster load times, and sometimes better graphics.

Yeah, for me it didn't even matter if the PS5 lineup was lacking, I still bought one at launch just to enhance all the existing PS4 games I had. Like a PS4 Pro on 'roids. Demon's Souls Remake was just a bonus.

Speaking of which, where the hell is Bloodborne PS5 60 FPS remaster? I'm legit surprised we haven't gotten an announcement by now, and I'm starting to wonder if there'll be one at all. My most-wanted remaster besides Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, and I don't know if either will exist so that sucks.