Playstation 5

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
They're gonna see a shit ton of cancellations from this, maybe they'll get the hint. I just fucked up not removing my subscription renewal last time and got dinged the full $60 or whatever which I never fucking pay.

I barely even turn the thing on anymore, wish I would have sold it when they were still rare. (that said this is mostly because I have 2 kids now and my playtime is limited between my pc/steamdeck/switch and so the PS5 loses out)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I have been on Series X and PC a hell of a lot more. PS5 only thing I played recently was Dying Light 2 with Gator Gator and God of War Rag and HZD.

PLayed Dead Island and RE4 remake on Series X. Shit most of my friends are moving that direction.

Sony laid an egg this gen - and this definitely doesn't help their cause. Are they trying to piss people off? It's so mind numbingly stupid to think they provide the value for that cash - and essentials at 80 - I mean what a fucking joke.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
They better up the quality of their monthly free games if they want people to not cancel. Once my prebought time is up I don't plan on renewing at that $80 price.

My renewal date is november, so I just bought another year at the current (moderately high but still somewhat reasonable) $60 price, but come Nov of 2024 I likely won't ever renew again if the price stays higher than $60.

-edit- It's super fucking irritating that you have to have that Essential shit to play online with friends. Fuck these greedy fucks.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
And if they want to know what real value looks like: I downloaded Starfield on my Series X and on my PC via Gamepass ultimate with Play Anywhere so I can play on either platform with progress saved on a day 1 launch of a huge title from within the Gamepass Ultimate subscription, which I also stacked for 3 years via Xbox Live transfer codes for $150 (Which Microsoft also allows).

Sony: "Hi. Please pay $79.99 a year for online and two shitty indie games per month or maybe on a good day we will substitute in a failed game like Saints Row"

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
-edit- It's super fucking irritating that you have to have that Essential shit to play online with friends. Fuck these greedy fucks.
Shit, I pay it just for the cloud saves and because it lets me play a bunch of games I own physical copies of that I'm too lazy to just swap discs to play. I'm not interested in online stuff in any games for PS5 to begin with, I don't play with randoms and everyone I do play online stuff with is pretty much PC only anyway. Only time I use PSN "online" is when I play Bloodborne because you need it for the chalice dungeons.

Cloud saves should be fucking free, like it is on Xbox, Steam, and any other platform worth a shit. Nintendo can eat a dick too.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't understand why they have such a small price difference between essentials and extra. Extra gives you something like 400 games. It's not as good as game pass but at least gives you a huge selection for the ps5. Essentials should be like 20 or 30.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
F4yaPJdWIAAHO3g

• 4Double Worf
  • 2Worf
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 6 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Yeah no fing way. And neither is PS Plus at $79 a year :p

They are out of their fucking minds.

I hope everyone cancels.
Already didn’t renew even before this. All this does is make it so I never will. And I’ve had it continuously up until this point since ps4 release

• 2Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thanks for reminding me. Canceled mine as well. I don't really play enough on my PS5 to make it worth keeping a sub thats getting more expensive as well.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
I guess I have formulated my adult gaming plan :p

1) PS5 without any subscription relegated to 1-2 (Maybe 2?) 1st party games per year. I won't even buy them on the digital front anymore and just get physical copies.
2) 1st party (Obviously), all 3rd party, online gaming, streaming, etc is all on Series X.
3) PC for Play Anywhere titles (Starfield) which is cool because I do not have to double dip and progress saves on both.

I used to be a huge Sony fan. Just amazing how out of touch they have become this gen. We see tit for tat across MS and Sony every generation - I didn't think I would see anything worse and out of touch with the original release of the Xbox One, but Sony is basically saying hold my beer this gen. They just got too big for their britches with the PS4 success.

• 1Like

Vorph

I used to be a huge Sony fan. Just amazing how out of touch they have become this gen. We see tit for tat across MS and Sony every generation - I didn't think I would see anything worse and out of touch with the original release of the Xbox One, but Sony is basically saying hold my beer this gen. They just got too big for their britches with the PS4 success.
Plus Sony Japan handed over the entire gaming division to a bunch of blue-haired soy-blooded degenerates in San Francisco whose #1 mission is making sure female characters look like dudes because if they're attractive then trannies 42% themselves. Or something. Every one of their first party IPs is getting Druckmanned, so it won't even matter much longer to people who aren't fellow degenerates.

• 1Barf
  • 1Mother of God

Vorph

spiderman 2 is out in a few weeks and insomniac hasn't put out a bad game yet, but we'll see
They still hire people like Sam Maggs (thankfully long gone before Spider-Man 2 started production, but I'm sure there's more like her there still), plaster NYC with rainbow mafia propaganda in place of US flags, make MJ so insufferable that even Laura Bailey can't save the role, etc. They're just not as far along the timeline as other Sony studios.