Playstation 5

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Mine is on all the time... what are you guys playing that's not on PS5?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
I don't play a lot of games, but I've pretty much retired the PC from gaming. Not interested in the never ending CPU / GPU upgrades as well as creating 4000 different logins for whatever services.

A console is a complete integrated package. One and done.

• 5Like
  • 1Cringe
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't play a lot of games, but I've pretty much retired the PC from gaming. Not interested in the never ending CPU / GPU upgrades as well as creating 4000 different logins for whatever services.

A console is a complete integrated package. One and done.
Oof. Pleb cope maxing.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If we want to mod then we wait for the steam version, if we want to play on release then we get the PS exclusive on launch.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No M&K no care. Also a good PC will last at least 5-6 yrs, even longer if you change out the GPU. No need for 100 services as well, all you need is steam. 99% of games are on there. also you dont need to build shit, thats why you have kids. I just have my kids build me one. They are more than glad to do it. This is why you train them from a young age.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
My ps5 is still in the shipping box. Hmm.
Fuck this kid. I would return it and wrap up some clothes. I'm a PC gamer, but patrolling what he wants to do on PC, isn't worth the effort. It's the wild west to him. Kinda still is.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
No M&K no care. Also a good PC will last at least 5-6 yrs, even longer if you change out the GPU. No need for 100 services as well, all you need is steam. 99% of games are on there. also you dont need to build shit, thats why you have kids. I just have my kids build me one. They are more than glad to do it. This is why you train them from a young age.

Oh the PC will last a long time if you frequently replace the most expensive part with something typically $800+ for a good one? Solid deal!

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Whats frequent to you? Once every 5-6 yrs? also you dont need $800+ video cards unless you want to run 4K at decent frames. Plus that card is portable, meaning you can use it in your next PC if you decide to upgrade.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
My ps5 gets a workout. As does my switch. My pc not so much anymore.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think the last console I bought was PS4 for Destiny. Other than that my time at home with any entertainment is 99% on PC, from gaming, to watching shows and movies, youtube, etc...

• 1Like

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
1704419241653.png

This is the biggest joke I have ever seen. When I finally completed this horseshit captcha the login timed out. Took me 15 minutes to get into my account - they earned my cancellation for that nonsense.

• 3WTF
  • 2Worf
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 5 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Seems like Playstation + in many ways has caught up to Game Pass, no? They have a pretty decent catalog of games offered.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Seems like Playstation + in many ways has caught up to Game Pass, no? They have a pretty decent catalog of games offered.
Depends on how you look at it. They just jacked the pricing 40%. Ps plus games have been a joke. Extra and premium, if you have an Xbox and Gamepass, are all on there anyway for the most part. I cancelled ps plus after the price hike. I’m now downloading my cloud saves because Sony nukes those in 6 months if you cancel.

Sony can suck a dick this generation for all their fuck ups.

Edit for all of those that cancelled, make sure you download both PS5 AND PS4 saves. PS4 saves were from the last decade. They are now safety on local storage. All in all took about half an hour. Majority being ps4 saves just in case.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The value is there if you don't have Gamepass. It's more expensive but still has hundreds of games.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Depends on how you look at it. They just jacked the pricing 40%. Ps plus games have been a joke. Extra and premium, if you have an Xbox and Gamepass, are all on there anyway for the most part. I cancelled ps plus after the price hike. I’m now downloading my cloud saves because Sony nukes those in 6 months if you cancel.

Sony can suck a dick this generation for all their fuck ups.

Edit for all of those that cancelled, make sure you download both PS5 AND PS4 saves. PS4 saves were from the last decade. They are now safety on local storage. All in all took about half an hour. Majority being ps4 saves just in case.
I have all of them but the consoles offer huge value if you don't want to mess with building PCs. I was there for a long time and even though have been building PCs since the early 90s I am tired of jacking with them. I have Microcenter build them for me now, its worth the time to get get the parts and have them assemble it if they don't have what I am looking for, or buy it there if I can. Video cards are easy enough to do on my own, which is what I did when I just upgraded to a 7900XTX when I was able to get one for $800, and now I am back to everything on PC. It's way easier to get folks together and just fire something up on consoles, though. I have bought stuff on the other stores but I have so much stuff on Steam its just the default now. Someone will make an overlay to help remember where all your games are if they haven't already, which will be a target for thieves.

Everyone has a different strategy which make them all worthwhile this gen but I think that's going to change going into next Gen;
MS with Gamepass is unbelievable value for Xbox/PC;
Sony has/had a great run with first-run studio exclusives.
Nintendo has its own completely different eco-system and IPs; they don't compete with the other two any more at all.

Agree with Ut on Sony re: Fuck Ups.

Sony's free reign with exclusives is coming to an end, and their near monopoly on good titles is running thin as those studios produce more and more woke nonsense. MS is buying studios to compete and we'll see how everyone works out. No one made made a PS3/Xbox One mistake with hardware this time (yet) but It seems to me they are resting on their laurels again and are ripe for a mistake. The Proverbial Next Living Room is always calling.

I really can't believe that people as consumers and the companies are going to let physical media go away.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Truth!

spronk

FPS noob
huh interesting PS5s running firmware 4.0x or lower apparently have a very good browser based jailbreak

latest is like v8.x and PS5 Slims ship with 7.x so would need an older PS5 to do it, and honestly don't see the point since any good PS5 game is also on PC but its neat i guess