Playstation 5

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I wonder if all this will cause retailers to rethink their bot-defense mechanisms? Obviously its been effecting shoe collectors for awhile, but I don't think they are numerous enough for it to be a news item. People are starting to talk about how hard it is for a human to place a preorder.

Is it an issue for retailers though? Do they care about who buys it as long as it's sold? Or do they care enough to bother going through the trouble of investing in mechanism to stop this, I mean they are not losing money over this.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Is it an issue for retailers though? Do they care about who buys it as long as it's sold? Or do they care enough to bother going through the trouble of investing in mechanism to stop this, I mean they are not losing money over this.

That's not true. If gamestop has no mechanism to stop automated buying but Amazon does, that one interaction from customers between getting what they want vs constantly trying to refresh, hanging, and then seeing everything sold out could very well be the difference in that customer ALWAYS choosing Amazon over gamestop every time for future purchases. It's quite a big deal for customer satisfaction and retention.

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I dunno, if customer satisfaction really meant that much then Gamestop wouldn't exist anymore.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I dunno, if customer satisfaction really meant that much then Gamestop wouldn't exist anymore.

They barely do compared to what they used to be.

I personally haven’t bought anything from them in years, due to how shitty they are. They still carry products I want but I hate that place, harrass the hell out of you at the checkout.

• 1Like

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Snagged a Digital from Amazon when they first went up and already got an email from them saying they expect delays. Oh well.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Rustled

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Snagged a Digital from Amazon when they first went up and already got an email from them saying they expect delays. Oh well.
Hello,

We're contacting you about your order of PlayStation 5 Console to let you know in advance that you may not receive this item on the day it is released due to high demand. We’ll make every effort to get the item to you as soon as possible once released.

You can track the latest shipment status of your order under Your Orders on Amazon.com.

Thanks dickheads, I'm so fucking happy you waited until this morning to tell me this so I wouldn't get a preorder in somewhere else. Biggest shipper in the world and a retailer we buy fucking tons of shit from every year. Great fucking job Amazon. Who even knows when the second fucking shipment would be.

• 2Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That’s fucking weird. How do they not know exactly how many they’ll be getting and when? And how did they allow themselves to over sell?

• 2Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That’s fucking weird. How do they not know exactly how many they’ll be getting and when? And how did they allow themselves to over sell?
Amazon has been having shipping delays on everything 'non-essential' this year, including missing quite a few release day delivery estimates on new games, so I'm not surprised at all to see it extend to the new consoles too.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Anecdotal

When I worked at the local grocery store we had a dude come in and try to buy our last two pallets of water. Manager told him there was a limit of 3 cases and argued with the guy because in his words "if people come in trying to buy the water and know I sold it to a single person, they may never shop here again"

So I think they should care. Whether or not they do, who knows. Ask nvidia

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Amazon has been having shipping delays on everything 'non-essential' this year, including missing quite a few release day delivery estimates on new games, so I'm not surprised at all to see it extend to the new consoles too.
Hmm... I was going to go Amazon for Series X, but maybe I’ll just go Microsoft. Probably won’t be as big of an issue for Series X—but still.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Amazon is slowing becoming shit all over the place. Prime 2 day shipping has become 3-14 day shipping and counterfeits everywhere no matter who the seller is (even Amazon).

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Amazon is slowing becoming shit all over the place. Prime 2 day shipping has become 3-14 day shipping and counterfeits everywhere no matter who the seller is (even Amazon).
Yea Amazon has gone to shit. They also charge full tax in my state so I avoid them whenever possible. I’ll prob cancel after this Christmas.

• 2Like

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
You can blame Wayfair vs. South Dakota for the sales tax change. It's not Amazon's fault.

It's up to each state to decide what constitutes a presence in their state but usually it's a certain number of online transactions or a total dollar amount between $100K and $300K.

My company collects taxes on about half of the US and the list keeps getting bigger as we enter new markets. For a company like Amazon, they would instantly have a presence everywhere.

If you're finding other sites to buy from that aren't charging sales tax, it just means they haven't done enough business there yet. Pretty soon most to all online sales will be taxed.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
I snagged a preorder from Walmart, Amazon, and Sony Direct (in that order). Was pretty sure I was going to keep Amazon and cancel the other 2 once we get closer to launch, but after that amazon email we all got I’m strongly leaning towards Sony to be the best bet for day 1 delivery. I’ve been buying consoles since the nes days and this is the first time I’ve gotten lucky with an online launch preorder. Usually have to wait in line at the door at ungodly hours to get one day one but I’m getting too old for that shit and I don’t have the free time

• 1Solidarity

spronk

FPS noob
amazon AIs have already predicted that the streets of america will be red with the blood of looters for a minimum of 3 weeks post election and all amazon trucks will be attacked on sight

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
amazon AIs have already predicted that the streets of america will be red with the blood of looters for a minimum of 3 weeks post election and all amazon trucks will be attacked on sight
Reparation consoles

• 2Worf

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I got the Amazon email as well but I don't have any other options. I have a daughter who is full-on fucking beaming about getting the console day one, though, so I will keep looking and buying them until we get a solid deal. I would bet Amazon comes, though, for most people. Our Prime is still awesome and in many cases just 1-day. What we see on Xbox day will probably influence how many they fly over as opposed to ship over, as well, since everything this year appears to be a reaction to MS.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm legitimately concerned about this system releasing a week after the election. People in largely-liberal cities like me might be better off not going anywhere for most of November after going to vote. Not sure what kind of hellscape I'll be going out into on the 12th, especially to a store at the heart of downtown protest central.

Also I got a second controller with the preorder. Is there even a reason to get a second controller right away? Don't see couch co-op on any of the major launch games. I guess as backup in case the pack-in controller has an issue? At the moment I half want to cancel the controller preorder and get another game instead or just keep the money. Already have Demon's Souls, Spider-Man, Valhalla, and Cyberpunk paid for.