Playstation 5

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Flipping seems like a hassle. I should sell mine to one of you guys for like $800 and let you flip it in a month for a grand + and keep all the profits.
But, you'd already be going the hassle of selling it.....

$550 is the best I can do.

• 1Worf
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I don't think I'll be able to get a console for a looooong while.

PS5 isn't available in most (any?) stores here because Sony Nordic issued a request to stores to not have physical copies in stores due to the corona virus and possible lines. Retailers should rather use online stores.

Problem being that most major retailers in Norway have had pre-pre-orders available online since around May/June at $1000 with the note saying that the cost will automatically be lowered once price was announced.

Then they did the actual pre-order launch once they got the price and learned how many consoles they would get, and all stores were sold out in 15 minutes, not counting that they already had more of the $1000 pre orders than the consoles they were getting. So they double sold out. Apparently, based on the current known availability of the PS5, the people who pre-ordered in July (still the $1000 pre orders) are scheduled to get their consoles in spring next year.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I don't think I'll be able to get a console for a looooong while.

PS5 isn't available in most (any?) stores here because Sony Nordic issued a request to stores to not have physical copies in stores due to the corona virus and possible lines. Retailers should rather use online stores.

Problem being that most major retailers in Norway have had pre-pre-orders available online since around May/June at $1000 with the note saying that the cost will automatically be lowered once price was announced.

Then they did the actual pre-order launch once they got the price and learned how many consoles they would get, and all stores were sold out in 15 minutes, not counting that they already had more of the $1000 pre orders than the consoles they were getting. So they double sold out. Apparently, based on the current known availability of the PS5, the people who pre-ordered in July (still the $1000 pre orders) are scheduled to get their consoles in spring next year.
$1000 plus shipping and I’ll have one coming your way next week.

• 2Faggotry

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It's been a while since I hung out for a console launch. Did it for Xbox 360 outside a Best Buy. I have a feeling people will start camping out way earlier fo this though.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It's been a while since I hung out for a console launch. Did it for Xbox 360 outside a Best Buy. I have a feeling people will start camping out way earlier fo this though.
Pretty sure everything on launch day is pre sold.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Target is doing online day of release sales for in store pickup. Should have decent stock, but they’re not telling the timing. Could be 12 am or 9 pm. Gonna be a shit show

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
yeah best buy and gamestop will not have any extra X/PS5s for sale, outside of cancelled stuff and i'm pretty sure best buy has already said they will not be doing in store new sales, online only, of new consoles during holidays.

That said they gotta be pumping out more of these things over the next 2 months but who knows how many made. If its like 3080 cards, with maybe 500 every 2 weeks nationwide, or like Nintendo switches, which has millions in warehouses everywhere.

You might wanna check offerup, a lot of the people who preordered just did it to make a buck and a lot of them are starting to undercut each other, around here you can get a PS5 at launch day for $750 and meet the person at best buy or gamestop to pick up your console at launch day. It'll all vary wildly by location. Offerup doesn't charge sellers for local sales so its the one that will be the best price, while ebay/mercari charge 4-10%+tax+shipping/etc.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
To make the PS5 seem like a bigger graphical leap, I've decided to go ahead and only play PS2 and 3 games until the 12th. The PS4 is off. This means the PS5 visuals are gonna be a huge jump from what I've been playing when I get it.

I finally finished God of War 2 (my last GoW). Now Dead Space 2, Lollipop Chainsaw, and Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter are all coming down from the backlog shelf after like 8 years of being there. I should be able to get them all done by the 12th I think. It feels nice to start clearing off the previous gen game shelf, since PS4 totally obsoleted it. Dead Space 2 is fantastic so far.

/blog off

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I keep seeing how amazing the adaptive triggers and haptic feedback are and I'm come to the conclusion that Death Stranding needs a PS5 update if only to make use of the DualSense. It sounds like this would be the perfect game for it.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Gamestop Manager at my location says they expect to have two extras for first come first serve purchase in store. This is on a military base though so ymmv.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Gamestop Manager at my location says they expect to have two extras for first come first serve purchase in store. This is on a military base though so ymmv.

If you end up streaming Demon's Souls on launch, I'm there dude. I'll be playing it day one, provided the Gamestop doesn't get burned down by lunatics in the meantime (unfortunately, mine isn't on a base).

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Apparently the manufacturer of the 3rd party plates for PS5 have been given a cease-and-desist order from Sony. They are very much against people removing their white fins

• 1Repost
  • 1Pathetic

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Apparently the manufacturer of the 3rd party plates for PS5 have been given a cease-and-desist order from Sony. They are very much against people removing their white fins
Unless they are selling their own they should go fuck themselves. Nobody wants their stupid looking gloss white.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Unless they are selling their own they should go fuck themselves. Nobody wants their stupid looking gloss white.
they still good, just had to change their name and remove ps5 stock photos from website
234230f3d581a09fc9cabd072eac7336.png

but these are vinyl wraps, no more faceplate removal

• 1Seriously?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
any company that isn't giving Sony a cut will get two lawyers to the back of the head. At least for the first year.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
they still good, just had to change their name and remove ps5 stock photos from website

but these are vinyl wraps, no more faceplate removal
That's not even remotely the same product now.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Slightly annoyed that this console is going to be around 10cm too wide for the new media unit I bought a few months back.

Weighing up whether I'm better off just cancelling the pre-order to save myself the fuck on trying to make £300-400 on selling it.

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
Everything in/on my entertainment center including the shelf itself is black. Why does Sony hate me?