Playstation 5

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Randomly went to a site from a forum suggestion in Norway that sometimes had PS5s for sale, they don't advertise it and don't do pre-orders. They either have it for sale, or they don't even show the PS5 as an item they have for sale. They had it when I went to the site. Purchased it. Got a text message yesterday that it shipped with an arrival date for pickup tomorrow. Checked the site now and the PS5 isn't in their online store anymore.

So I think I got lucky with a random drop.

View attachment 355531
I hope you get taxed for stealing our nordic goods :D Congrats on score.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Ronaan Ronaan next holiday season.

Funny thing, I was ready to hop on and did not expect the level of assfuckery going on with this console. No I'm not paying €1k for one. All the scalpers deserve to break both arms and get itchy butt.

It has been over six months and I was almost ready to switch to XBOX and say "Fuck You Sony" but I held back. I think I can wait it out and enjoy the PS4Pro for a bit longer.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
sony being fuckwits charging pubs extra to enable crossplay or something

fortunately its borderlands 3, a shitty game

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
sony being fuckwits charging pubs extra to enable crossplay or something

fortunately its borderlands 3, a shitty game
That’s so stupid. Having cross play can only help sales. People buy the system their friends are on, this would eliminate that. My brother wanted a ps4 last gen but his buddies are all xbros. He went with the Xbox just because of that. It would especially help a system like PlayStation because they have so many exclusives. If you have a system with lots of exclusives but can also play with xbro friends? Choice is easy which way I’d go.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyone know a good discord or whatever for tracking PS5 drops? Specifically Best Buy.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Holy crap the prices on the PS5 games in the online store. Just got my PS5 setup and went to get Returnal. It's roughly $100 digital. It's over $25 cheaper buying the physical copy in stores.

Glad I got the disk version of the PS5.

I did get Demon Souls digital though as I want that right now. With a 13% sale it was "only" around $85 ....

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Holy crap the prices on the PS5 games in the online store. Just got my PS5 setup and went to get Returnal. It's roughly $100 digital. It's over $25 cheaper buying the physical copy in stores.

Glad I got the disk version of the PS5.

I did get Demon Souls digital though as I want that right now. With a 13% sale it was "only" around $85 ....
What the fuck? Are these editions with dlc or bonus items or something?

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I was soo close to buying it, I don't remember it being that expensive; is that an exchange rate thing kicking in with special Euro-taxes?

Edit: 69.99 and 79.99 US for me for the standard and digital deluxe editions, before taxes. VAT, damn I had to google it, my brain just wouldn't remember the term, I blocked it out because [political screed]

$70 is the "new normal" for PS5 games, Droigan did say upthread he was Scandinavian, correct? Surely that is the 15% EDIT2 WTF a 25% VAT in Norway/Sweden? Fuck that. No wonder. Returnal is 849 Krona (SEK) in Sweden/859 Krone (NOK) in Norway which works out to $102+ US.

For completeness, I check the rest of what I considered "Scandinavian" VATs: Denmark is 25% as well. Closest you get in Scandinavia to relief is Finland with 22%.
On the Danish Playstation store, though, its 594 DKK which is 96.41 USD.
On the Finnish store, it's in Euros, which nets out to 79.95 € to 97.48 USD.

Interesting Trivia, which I think I knew at one time but didn't remember: Several countries here all use the Krone/Krona as their currency, they are not interchangeable, hence the Swedish Krona SEK, the Norwegian Krone NOK, the Danish Krone DKK, Iceland has their own Krona as well, ISK, hence Eve Online's currency is also known as ISK as the developers are there. Finland as seen above uses the Euro.

Please correct anything I have gotten wrong, Scandinavian folks, thanks!

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
VAT even applies to digital shit? I always thought it was an additional tax for shipped goods on top of regular sales tax.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Fuck that. I don't understand how Sony can't produce enough units. I feel like this is being done on purpose to ratchet up a feverish demand.

I mean, what is the problem? Do they not have the material, they don't have manufacturing capacity?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck that. I don't understand how Sony can't produce enough units. I feel like this is being done on purpose to ratchet up a feverish demand.

I mean, what is the problem? Do they not have the material, they don't have manufacturing capacity?
They’re breaking records in sales for a console. In the midst of chip shortages and everyone getting flooded with money from the US government, it’s not really Sony that is at fault.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I didnt think of the stimulus bux. Good point.
An even bigger contributor is the extra unemployment. You had teenagers that make like $100 a week doing part time work qualify to get ~$1000 every week for months depending on which state they were in.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
They’re breaking records in sales for a console. In the midst of chip shortages and everyone getting flooded with money from the US government, it’s not really Sony that is at fault.

Eh. If this were just a stimulus thing you’d see waves of demand but anyone who wasn’t able to grab one immediately would end up buying something else like rims or nikes with their bux. This seems like multiple issues.

How are they breaking sales records? Do you have a source for that?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Eh. If this were just a stimulus thing you’d see waves of demand but anyone who wasn’t able to grab one immediately would end up buying something else like rims or nikes with their bux. This seems like multiple issues.

How are they breaking sales records? Do you have a source for that?

Several other places published it at the same time.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Most people underpredicted the sales in the PS4 guess thread, that gen grew the console market. PS5 despite supply limits has outsold the PS4's first year.