Playstation 5

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Having played through God of War Ragnarök and Horizon Forbidden West on my PS5 I come asking for advice on good PS4/PS5 games I might have missed during the years. I have pretty much only played Final Fantasy 15, Death Stranding and the first GoW and Horizon.

A plus if theres a PS5 "remaster" of the game to make it look nice. I have Seikiro on the list but no idea what else to look for. Might subscribe to the PS+ thingy for free games.
Elden Ring, Demon Souls, Ghost of Tsushima, Hades

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Having played through God of War Ragnarök and Horizon Forbidden West on my PS5 I come asking for advice on good PS4/PS5 games I might have missed during the years. I have pretty much only played Final Fantasy 15, Death Stranding and the first GoW and Horizon.

A plus if theres a PS5 "remaster" of the game to make it look nice. I have Seikiro on the list but no idea what else to look for. Might subscribe to the PS+ thingy for free games.
Elden Ring and FF14 are my most clocked time this year outside of what you've already listed. Ff14 more so to keep the wife happy than to push any new gaming experience, but it's pretty enough.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'd add Days Gone to the list. It's a great game after all the patches, and while it's not fully remastered for PS5 it still looks and plays far better than it did on PS4 due to the 4K60 upgrade.

It's included with any tier of PS+, though I'd probably recommend getting a year of Extra just for all the other stuff it includes (Demon's Souls, Returnal, FF VII Remake + Intergrade, Stray, etc.).

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Elden Ring, Demon Souls, Ghost of Tsushima, Hades
Ghost of Tsushima was the one I meant in my post, confused it with Seikiro.

I did play Elden Ring on PC, not sure how I'll fare at attempting the other Souls games though. :p Also played Last of Us when it came out,never touched the sequel.

I'll add Ghost of Tsushima, Demon Souls, Hades and Days Gone and Stray to the list. Considering doing the 1 year subscription as it seems the cheapest way.

Last edited:

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Spider-Man and Miles Morales bear mentioning as well, if you haven't gotten to them yet.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really enjoying Ghost of Tsushima. The combat feels very satisfying and gory. It also has a chill to it like Elden Ring had, I guess no compass and minimal UI without big pointing arrows etc helps.

Only in act one so far and taking my time doing side stuff, had some problems with my first Legends quest for the Archer armor but finally got it.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
PS+ has a flat $30 discount for new (expired counts as new) subs

no discount if you have an existing sub, Sony is just "fuck you pay me".

Its worth it if you don't own a lot of games, especially if you own a PS5. Get stuff like Spiderman, Demon Souls, FF7R, Death Stranding, Ghost of SushiMom, Returnal, God of War 1, on and on for "free". More than enough to justify a one year sub, play all the best games for a year without paying an extra penny.

Vorph

Huh, sale ends 12/20 and my sub runs out on 12/18. Even $70 seems rather steep for another year of Game Pass - Retard Edition though. Crazy how buying subs from Eneba/CDKeys/etc. is almost double what it used to be, too. Sony sure has a lot of balls bitching about Game Pass and the Activision buyout when they are the biggest pieces of shit around when it comes to fucking the consumer.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Its worth it if you don't own a lot of games, especially if you own a PS5. Get stuff like Spiderman, Demon Souls, FF7R, Death Stranding, Ghost of SushiMom, Returnal, God of War 1, on and on for "free". More than enough to justify a one year sub, play all the best games for a year without paying an extra penny.

Glad you mentioned this, my PS Plus sub ran out the day Elden Ring got the multiplayer DLC (lawl) so I couldn't play it. I was gonna re-up that whenever I got around to it and had time to play. Glad I didn't do it last week when it would have cost twice as much.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Crucial P5 Plus 2tb nvme is only 150 on Amazon 160 with heatsink

Limited-time deal: Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 3D NAND NVMe M.2 Gaming SSD, up to 6600MB/s - CT2000P5PSSD8 https://a.co/d/hvc8x5D

• 1Like

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
These things seem really plentiful if you’re still looking for one. I got an email from PS direct last night saying I could order up to 4 per household so I can’t imagine what kind of inventory their sitting on.

Gator

Molten Core Raider

Thank you! My sub expired yesterday. I've been busy and haven't had much time to play the last few months, but I'll renew anyways for the discount.

• 1Like

Vorph

Man, I knew my PS5 was a glorified dust collector, but I didn't think it was quite this bad...

ps5sad.png

Series X+S is probably 10-15x that, which is pretty much the exact opposite of last gen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Mine doesn't show anything because you have to have more than 10 hours of activity ...

• 1Worf

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm can't access that because I opted out of all data collection I guess. Pretty sure FF7R was last year though? Which means the only thing I played this year was like the later half of The Last Guardian that I finished because it was just sitting there. So like maybe 10hours of that. Definitely not getting much value out of it but never really planned to, it was similar for my PS3 and PS4, only a dozen of games each over their entire lives. All my gaming is on PC pretty much.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Screenshot_20221213_223516.jpg

Edit: 17 days of that game doesn't quite feel right. I wonder if there is something about me occasionally putting the console in rest mode while the game is still on?

Regardless, this is my "turn off my brain" game.

Last edited:
  • 2Barf
  • 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users