Playstation 5

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah ok so my point stands. This is Bethesda’s choice to all of a sudden take their shit off PlayStation. That’s annoying.

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
It will, but I don't play games on PC. I'm 7 months sober. (I've swapped to console gaming only and fixed up a room specifically for it).
Congrats on being sober. Genuine question, what does PC have to do with drinking? Not poking just curious.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Congrats on being sober. Genuine question, what does PC have to do with drinking? Not poking just curious.
I believe he is saying he was addicted to PC gaming, and it was fucking with his ability to focus on his job, and now he’s “sober” from being off a gaming PC.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Had no idea there was an Axiom Verge 2. The first was was enjoyable if memory serves. Need to check Steam library to make sure it isn’t already in there.

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've been keeping an eye out on the LG 27GP850-B and the reviews are great but the price here in Sweden tend to be between $500-600 if they even have it in stock. Started checking for the LG 32GP850 as well and found it for $520 on one retailer. If I understand correctly it's basically the same but a bit bigger.

Anyone got input on the 32" (31.5") variant?

Figured I could buy the 32" and then sell my AOC Ultrawide and finance half of the purchase at least, and it would fit better with the PS5. Or just get the 27" model if it fits better with 1440p.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I've been keeping an eye out on the LG 27GP850-B and the reviews are great but the price here in Sweden tend to be between $500-600 if they even have it in stock. Started checking for the LG 32GP850 as well and found it for $520 on one retailer. If I understand correctly it's basically the same but a bit bigger.

Anyone got input on the 32" (31.5") variant?

Figured I could buy the 32" and then sell my AOC Ultrawide and finance half of the purchase at least, and it would fit better with the PS5. Or just get the 27" model if it fits better with 1440p.

I don't know, I only have 55'' and 65'' LGs. IMO 55'' is the sweet spot for PS5 visuals. I'm on a 65'' right now and it's a bit excessive considering I tend to not sit too far from the TV, but it'll probably be perfect for a PS5 Pro and onward if we get anything more advanced console-wise any time soon.

Here's what I got in the Wrap-Up:

1672065961837.png

I predicted around 750 hours so I underballed it.

Not surprised Elden Ring easily crushed everything else on playtime. About 150 hours on the PS5 version and 70 hours on the PS4 version.

1672066296445.png

0 HOURS SPENT IN VR

1672066345171.png

62 games played, here are the "top five"... I'm really questioning their math though because I never played GTA Online, and only played GTA5 for about 20 hours (just the main campaign and I practically speedran it with a friend over one weekend). So I'm guessing GTAO is how GTA5 is listed, but it still doesn't make any sense. ...unless everything else I played all year really was under 20 hours. Off the top of my head I spent about 50 hours playing Stranger of Paradise and getting the platinum, so it should definitely be on here. Yeah, the presence of GTA is mystifying.

1672066510579.png

I'm a trophy hound so not surprised there are a lot of these.

1672066601474.png

There's nothing particularly interesting from 2022 here though. Just the first and last trophies I've ever gotten. When I got a PS3 in 2009, the first things I played on it were Wolfenstein (PS3) and the Wolfenstein 3D port. At first I thought the trophy concept was inferior to Gamerscore since it didn't give you a hard number, but after a little while I grew to like it. Death Stranding was what I was gonna play next but I've been busy and now I'm probably going to go with Crisis Core instead.

1672066738792.png

The five platinums I got this year were: Elden Ring (PS5), Elden Ring (PS4), Dark Souls Remastered, Stranger of Paradise, and Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night. In other words my 100%'s this year were 60% Fromsoft games, not surprised. I loved the hell out of Bloodstained, and Stranger of Paradise was probably the last game to really make me feel something (circa June or so) because of all the nostalgia it appeals to.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Finally got a ps5 this week. Have it connected to a receiver which is connected via eArc to my basement TV. The signal on the ps5 just randomly drops and you get 5 seconds of blackness and silence. Pretty lame it isn’t working right, haven’t had this happen with any other devices, ps4, Switch, nvidia shield. I tried replacing the short HDMI from the ps5 to the receiver with one I know worked for ps4. Same result.

Any ideas on wtf this is?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Finally got a ps5 this week. Have it connected to a receiver which is connected via eArc to my basement TV. The signal on the ps5 just randomly drops and you get 5 seconds of blackness and silence. Pretty lame it isn’t working right, haven’t had this happen with any other devices, ps4, Switch, nvidia shield. I tried replacing the short HDMI from the ps5 to the receiver with one I know worked for ps4. Same result.

Try a newer hdmi cable? They’ve been changing that shit up. 2.1 or whatever.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tide27

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

HDMI cable most likely.

I dont know the science behind it either, but I had a similar problem when I hooked up my 4k projector to my receiver. Swapped the cable and all was well.

• 1Like

Szlia

I thought that for cables of reasonable length carrying a digital signal like HDMI meant all cables were basically the same ? Or did we reach an information density that makes manufacturing impact even short cables ? That sounds like a question for Vorph Vorph .

hory

They have different standards. hdmi is on 2.3

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I kind of figured it was a cable issue. Ordered a 2.1 short one for the ps5 to receiver. If it’s the other cable that’s the problem, that’s a 35 foot fishing nightmare. Hopefully it’s not that lol

spronk

FPS noob
its 100% your 35 foot cable, its extremely unlikely its HDMI 2.1.

Anything newer doing 4k at 60hz (or 120hz) with HDR needs 48 gbps over HDMI 2.1 all the way from one end to the other. HDMI 2.0 maxxed out at 18 gbps which is why you'll get weird stuff like flickering, black screens, etc as it hits the upper limit of HDMI 2.0 and downshifts from 4:4:4 to 4:4:0 to compensate.

I threw away all the HDMI cables in my house when I bought an LG OLED and bought 10 HDMI 2.1 48 gbps (8k) spec cables, because nothing is more fucking annoying than trying to figure out what cable in a chain is fucking you over for bandwidth or HDCP (copyright protection).

There are long ass HDMI 2.1 cables, just make sure they mention they do 8k and 48 gbps like this one
www.amazon.com/Highwings-48Gbps-Braided-Compatible-Monitor/dp/B095VZ615N

• 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Vorph

If he's fishing it somewhere I assume it's in a wall or ceiling and you don't want a braided cable for that. Just get a solid plastic sheathed, in-wall rated (CL2 or CL3) HDMI 2.1 cable.

Same brand as the one spronk linked, just CL3 and made out of fiber optic instead of copper:

Fiber is nice because the cables are super thin; a lot of normal cables are ridiculously thick for anything over about 15' which makes them very hard to bend at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users