Playstation 5

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s in a ceiling and wall, and has a dedicated PVC tube, the issue is we were being rushed when installed and I forgot to run strings through it. So it’s not true fishing but still a pain in the ass. Mainly because there are multiple 90s and hang up spots in the straight pipe cause it runs through joists instead of in parallel/one long tube.

The main pita I don’t want to deal with is just taking the gigantic, heavy TV off the wall to access it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
It’s in a ceiling and wall, and has a dedicated PVC tube, the issue is we were being rushed when installed and I forgot to run strings through it. So it’s not true fishing but still a pain in the ass. Mainly because there are multiple 90s and hang up spots in the straight pipe cause it runs through joists instead of in parallel/one long tube.

The main pita I don’t want to deal with is just taking the gigantic, heavy TV off the wall to access it.

Sorry to hear about your permanent flickers, bro.

• 11Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 11 users

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
I believe he is saying he was addicted to PC gaming, and it was fucking with his ability to focus on his job, and now he’s “sober” from being off a gaming PC.
Correct. Bourbon is safer than PC gaming during tax time.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Got the replacement 5 ft hdmi 2.1 cable in, hooked it up and went a record breaking solid 15 minutes without any flickers. Was sitting there thinking “Hah, fuck you Seananigans Seananigans “ and was immediately greeted by the first flicker, then a record breaking 5 seconds til another flicker.

The fishing tape and fiber 50 foot HDMI cable are now on order…

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Oh, like lists to get certain bottles from stores?

October is when all of the distilleries start releasing their allocated (special) bottles that you can't get any other time. So, a lot of liquor stores will do raffles or events to give you a chance to get them at MSRP. Other liquor stores just mark up bottles to ungodly prices ($699, $1,000+) or give them to their fav customers at MSRP.

So, most of what I bought the last couple of weeks was allocated that I got at a raffle or event. But, I prob have 50 bottles in my bar atm, so maybe I do need to chill tf out.

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
October is when all of the distilleries start releasing their allocated (special) bottles that you can't get any other time. So, a lot of liquor stores will do raffles or events to give you a chance to get them at MSRP. Other liquor stores just mark up bottles to ungodly prices ($699, $1,000+) or give them to their fav customers at MSRP.

So, most of what I bought the last couple of weeks was allocated that I got at a raffle or event. But, I prob have 50 bottles in my bar atm, so maybe I do need to chill tf out.

All the Bookers, Little Book etc. isn't pictured and allocated stuff like Weller Full Proof and 12 YR is in the back, but here:

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
All the Bookers, Little Book etc. isn't pictured and allocated stuff like Weller Full Proof and 12 YR is in the back, but here:

View attachment 450641

Not enough. There's one more empty wine rack, and I see a little bit of space at the edge of the shelf that can fit another 3 bottles, maybe 4!

Do Better.

Lurkus Maximus

Trakanon Raider
So the old lady got me a ps5 god of war bundle for Christmas and I grabbed the ps plus premium subscription, mostly for the classic catalog. I haven't had a Playstation since ps2 I think, so wondering what are the can't miss games in the subscription library? I've already downloaded trials of mana and star ocean, among a few others. But I just finished chained echoes on Xbox so I scratched my rpg itch briefly. I forgot how much playstation blows xbox out of the water when it comes to rpg selection. I also grabbed ghosts of tsushima and played it for a couple hours, amazing game so far. Mostly looking for the big titles I've missed out on, rpgs, puzzlers, platformers, maybe a couple cute games to play with the gf, things like that. Thanks for the recommendations!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
spider man and miles-morales, god of war 1, death stranding directors cut, ratchet and clank, Final Fantasy 7 remaster, Demon Souls, Horizon Zero Dawn

most are in the PS+ Premium catalog so you should be able to just play them "for free". Also don't sleep on the pack in game, Astrobot or whatever its called is fairly short but really fun

putting in a 2TB NVME gen4 drive is also worth it if you got the money, they are super cheap at the moment around $150-180. Just make sure to get one with a heatsink or buy one ($10-15)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

SeanDoe1z1

I thought that for cables of reasonable length carrying a digital signal like HDMI meant all cables were basically the same ? Or did we reach an information density that makes manufacturing impact even short cables ? That sounds like a question for @Vorph .

When in doubt blame layer 1 first (cable). Accounts for 90% of the worlds problems.

I use to run into HDCP issues with hdmi. No idea on the newer standards. might be even worth it dialing down into console settings to test if replacement doesn’t work. Looks like it was mentioned above with pretty certainty on the cable…

reminds me of my friend that got like 10Gb internet at his house but didn’t realize everything was wired for cat 5e

first world problems.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
You can also use HDMI transmitter / receiver pairs. Basically extending cabling length to 230/330 feet via shielded cat 6. (AV design discussion but could be leveraged if you rack equipment far away and go through walls going over 50 feet). Traditionally while HDMI is rated for 50 ft, in reality you will start to see signal degradation around 40) Also there is no HDMI 2.3. It’s HDMI 2.1. HDCP is 2.3.

Lurkus Maximus

Trakanon Raider
spider man and miles-morales, god of war 1, death stranding directors cut, ratchet and clank, Final Fantasy 7 remaster, Demon Souls, Horizon Zero Dawn

most are in the PS+ Premium catalog so you should be able to just play them "for free". Also don't sleep on the pack in game, Astrobot or whatever its called is fairly short but really fun

putting in a 2TB NVME gen4 drive is also worth it if you got the money, they are super cheap at the moment around $150-180. Just make sure to get one with a heatsink or buy one ($10-15)
Thanks for the tips! I watched the gf play through the astro game and was shocked how robust it was for what amounts to basically a system demo. I'll check out the other ones soon, thanks again.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The Astro game is pretty cool, my kid likes it, my neighbor and his whole family played it and really liked it. They should make a legit sequel. Or just, someone should make some more games like it at least.