Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like how people even bother with writing down double digit decimals when you could just name your mons "45, 44, 43" etc

Sterling

El Presidente
About halfway through level 30, finally hatched a Lapras as my 873rd egg hatch. 76 percent IV, but shit moveset. Of course.

Sterling

El Presidente
Forgot about the end of double xp. Have about 45-50 pokemons to evolve, would have been worth a lucky egg to do those.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
I did 3x 75 pokemon evolve parties under double XP and Lucky Egg. Ended up with 150k+ xp for each one. Easy way to get a free level. Just gotta stock up now for the inevitable Christmas event.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah if you organize them right and just go one after another with no breaks you can get 75 at least. My best was 155k xp in one hit.

Aaubert

Silver Knight of the Realm
Are you not doing this with WIFI? I can get 75 easily now after the 15 second patch. Or is it performance lag?

FYI - you can open up a 2nd phone and use that to plow through at 2x the rate. I did 111 mons this last weekend to ding from 29 to 30, and I ended with 9 minutes left on the egg. Actually only did like, 107 during the 21 minutes, and then did a few more after scrapping all the Pidgeottos and Ratticates to make a few more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Looks like Cleveland, among other regions, got the tracking update. Map scans were better for pinpointing the exact location of a Pokémon but at least the new tracker gives me a general idea of which direction to look if I see something on radar.

With that said the next few days are all going to be in the mid 30's to lower 40's with snow and rain. So yeah...

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
So reading up on the tracking system it sounds... Not great.

Basically it scans gyms and stops in range and displays Pokémon that are there. So you could have a Snorlax or a Lapras 20 feet from you and you won't know it's there because it's out of capture range and not in range of a stop or gym (not sure what the capture range actually is I just pulled 20 feet out of air).

So people who live in places where there aren't a lot of stops or gyms the new tracking system is worthless.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
it's 40m to spawn Pokemon.

I think the tracker works that if a Pokemon is on your nearby list, it will display the closest Pokestop to it. So you can search in the vicinity of that Pokestop to find it. Theoretically anything on your nearby list would also display the closest pokestop.

The problem comes in when there are very little Pokestops near you so the nearest Pokestop won't narrow it down enough for you.

For me, however, I trip over a hundred Pokestops every day on the way to work, so it will work great.

The best part of trackers isn't included though - Trackers show you all pokemon in the area, not just nearby. The nearby is only pokemon within 100m or so. If a pokemon lasts 15 minutes, I would want to be able to see all pokemon within at least a KM or so. So the new tracking system is better but still meh.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think its worldwide now.

Well I think that either you have loads of pokestops so you know where it is, or you have very few so you capture the ones showing to make others show.

If none are near pokestops does the old tracker kick in like it used to or did they remove that in beta?

fris

Vyemm Raider
I live near-ish to 1 stop, maybe half a mile. the other stop is about 2 miles via roads, 1 mile if i were to jump fences in my neighborhood.

if not mons are by eitehr stop, i have the old tracker and can see what's close. if there's a single rat at one of those stops, that's all the nearby will show me when i click it. w/o clicking, i see old style but only the 1st 3.

sucks big time if you're in a residential area. i can't even track/hunt what's close. it's pure RNG now.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think its worldwide now.

Well I think that either you have loads of pokestops so you know where it is, or you have very few so you capture the ones showing to make others show.

If none are near pokestops does the old tracker kick in like it used to or did they remove that in beta?

I had "grass sightings" once today, but that must have been a bug because a minute before that and a minute after that it was pokestop sightings again - I was in a city with plenty of pokestops...

Biggby

Molten Core Raider
So trading for xmas then?

Who wants Kangaskhans?.. they're shit but fill that Pokedex spot

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I got a few of these clowns.

Screenshot_20161207-204152[1].png