Portland Bike Rentals

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
At first I was like, what are these stupid bike stations all over downtown...

The busiest Biketown station in the system, at Southwest Naito and Southwest Salmon, has logged 4,000 rentals in the past three weeks.

Portland transportation leaders 'flabbergasted' by Biketown success

uz4Ojka.jpg

Caliane

Imagine if those bikes had EQbrowser embedded in a portable device.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
tyen tyen is getting his shitposting out of his system before the the Nazi-mods are activated.

tyen

<Banned>
bike rentals making a retarded amount of money when most people thought it would fail.

this is an A+ business related thread of the highest calibur.

i hear Alaska airlines does it in Seattle. Nike does it in Portland.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

<Banned>
tyen tyen is getting his shitposting out of his system before the the Nazi-mods are activated.

channelling your inner nazi with this thread?

or channelling your own shitposts?

• 1Solidarity

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Thanks Nike!
I'll post a pic the next time I see a homeless dude taking a shit on one...again :/
The brown contrasts the orange just right.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Why is it surprising that a bike rental in fucking Portland would be successful?

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I think it was New York that tried free bikes you had to return. LOL everyone just stole them.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I think it was New York that tried free bikes you had to return. LOL everyone just stole them.
Portland has the yellow bikes back in the mid 2000s where you never locked them up, just rode them to wherever and left them.

Bunch of homeless people stole them or threw em in the river.

Nikebikes weigh 58 pounds so no junkie is able to life them to toss in the river.

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
its a fantastic idea that is extremely successful in a large number of cities (unfortunately not mine). Why is this is surprise?

orcmauler

Golden Squire
I do wonder how the rental fees work on those bikes. The other day at my usual bus stop I saw a guy and girl both get a bike, try to get on, lock the bikes back up and walk away. Hope that was free.

Echuta

Golden Knight of the Realm
I do wonder how the rental fees work on those bikes. The other day at my usual bus stop I saw a guy and girl both get a bike, try to get on, lock the bikes back up and walk away. Hope that was free.

They have them here in FL. You have to have an account preloaded with money prior to unlocking the bike. What they charge is based on distance when you end your session. I've used them several times downtown to get to/from bars and sporting arenas. It sure beats the hassle of a taxi or walking when going roughly a couple of miles.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Biketown bikes are 2.50 for 30 minutes or 12 dollars for an "all day" pass which is only 2.5 hours of riding time. If you go over the time, you get charged 6 dollars for another hour. When you ride the bike it tracks all your movements and mileage which is kind of cool, here's a photo of the app trip thing from an alleycat race we had on nikebikes.

IMG_20160811_191547.jpg

Haka

N00b
Vancouver just started this. Right only it's only in the early stages, so only founding members are riding them ($85 membership for the year I think) but eventually they'll expand into single use purchases I think. It's already working way beyond expectations, west coast hippies love their bikes.