Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
could you post a screenshot sometime of what this is supposed to look like?

It merely puts the camera directly above your head instead of at your eyeballs. The only annoying thing about it is the up/down speed is a bit slow, otherwise it works quite well. I use this view like 90% of the time. It's particularly nice for small races, which can have a harder time seeing things.

Attachments

• top down camera EQ.jpg
    top down camera EQ.jpg
    337.5 KB · Views: 54

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Actually here's a video I made 12 years ago on P99 using the view instead of mousewheel cam

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
It merely puts the camera directly above your head instead of at your eyeballs. The only annoying thing about it is the up/down speed is a bit slow, otherwise it works quite well. I use this view like 90% of the time. It's particularly nice for small races, which can have a harder time seeing things.

200w.gif
200w.gif
200w.gif
200w.gif

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Y'know, overhead is probably really useful for Enchanter on this server, since there's no tab targeting. Easier to quickly click on each mob from overhead.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I remember the overhead camera that can look forward and not just down at your character, was helpful for lulling or pet pulling ass/sup in guk. but hard to imagine someone playing like that normally

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Having some issues getting the client working, anyone else have an issue where you can log in etc.. but the UI elements to create a character etc... don't function? Tried takp 2.1 and 2.2 with the same resuls. EQ Live works fine so imagine its something to do with the older client.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Having some issues getting the client working, anyone else have an issue where you can log in etc.. but the UI elements to create a character etc... don't function? Tried takp 2.1 and 2.2 with the same resuls. EQ Live works fine so imagine its something to do with the older client.
Sometimes that happens to me, try to alt+enter to fullscreen then back and see if you can click on stuff. Another way to check would be press enter at character select and see if it selects whatever is highlighted.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Yeah not sure what's going on. Think it's ignoring the eqclient.ini completely and running everything at 60fps (had set maxfps to 30 in INI) including engine processing. I logged onto TAKP since I had a character created there and everything was running super fast. Was like selo's speed on my level 1 mage, ran into water and insta gibed from drowning it cycled so fast.

Update: So even forcing 30fps in nvidia control panel didn't fix it. Its like the game engine is running at 900mph and doesn't have a limiter.

Last edited:

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Yeah not sure what's going on. Think it's ignoring the eqclient.ini completely and running everything at 60fps (had set maxfps to 30 in INI) including engine processing. I logged onto TAKP since I had a character created there and everything was running super fast. Was like selo's speed on my level 1 mage, ran into water and insta gibed from drowning it cycled so fast.
Hmm yea, maybe just try a vanilla config without changing anything then. Use that as baseline and make changes from there. I'd probably even skip quarm dll for now

Tidalwave

Trakanon Raider
I was able to log in a couple weeks ago. made a couple chars and tinkered. Now I just get the "you have been disconnected". Is there something I need to update? Do i need to wait until go live OCT 1?

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I was able to log in a couple weeks ago. made a couple chars and tinkered. Now I just get the "you have been disconnected". Is there something I need to update? Do i need to wait until go live OCT 1?
Grab server files from discord. They're now required to play.

• 1Like

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Can I log in and create a character/reserve name, or not until the 1st?
Yea, you can. I think you have to play the character a certain amount of time to reserve the name, not sure how long.

• 1Like

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
NM, just noticed this launches Oct 1. Thought I saw that it was out but people are PLANNING to move there.

Last edited:

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Any cool guilds?
Just found out that it's only in beta currently, launches Oct 1. Sorry for the bump. Logged in to see my guild members on p99 disappeared and they all mentioned in discord that they were swapping to Quarm. Made me think it was already out.

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Just found out that it's only in beta currently, launches Oct 1. Sorry for the bump. Logged in to see my guild members on p99 disappeared and they all mentioned in discord that they were swapping to Quarm. Made me think it was already out.

Just moving to new server cause its up to POP or they all doing the SSF hardcore rules