Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
I'm either resuming my level 5ish bard or another class. What class should I play? Not too interested in Wizard necessarily

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
me today

1701805876480.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Hello young Jasker, I believe there’s a class breakdown of characters over level 10 a few pages back. Maybe pick one of the less played ones and one that you’ve been wanting to try out and just go with it.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
Anyone morally bankrupt and looking to give my paladin a ghoulbane to redeem your soul? I'm only level 15, but I promise to get to 50 and eat DT's for your guild and possibly beyond.

• 1Worf

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Anyone morally bankrupt and looking to give my paladin a ghoulbane to redeem your soul? I'm only level 15, but I promise to get to 50 and eat DT's for your guild and possibly beyond.

Getting a raid paladin for your guild later at the mere cost of a Ghoulbane seems like a pretty good long-term deal.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
If you are a melee just get banded by killing shit to level 5. If you are a caster you don’t need gear. If you think this shitty classic gear makes any difference you are wild .bjust play and the money to gear yourself will come. This is classic not a top where you should be twinned in planar gear at 1 and level to 60 in 18 hours.

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
If you are a melee just get banded by killing shit to level 5. If you are a caster you don’t need gear. If you think this shitty classic gear makes any difference you are wild .bjust play and the money to gear yourself will come. This is classic not a top where you should be twinned in planar gear at 1 and level to 60 in 18 hours.

Hit point gear makes a world of difference. We know what Everquest is.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Hit point gear makes a world of difference. We know what Everquest is.

You think people are handing out HP gear on the reg bud? stop being a loser and either play or dont. the 18 HP anyone could spare you dont matter.

LEARN TO BE GOOD

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
What sucks is being a month and a half late to start I feel super proud of my scarab BP and some butthole struts past me with full Rubi, ghoulbane, and waives his dick in a big circle.

Only real goal is getting jboots and possibly de mask, but that’s unlikely with my snail pace.

Definitely think the server is amazing and most nostalgic run I’ve done in a long time. That forced interaction due to most people’s inability to do things themselves remains the EQ secret sauce.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Private Guild Instances Are Available, Quakes Return
  • Due to overwhelming player feedback about casual accessibility, and my own intuition on the subject, we've overhauled how raid rotations work - by scrapping them and replacing them with private guild instances. Don't worry, competition is still available via an overhauled Earthquake system!
  • Rotations are no longer present.
  • Guild instances are accessible via the Knowledge book near any adjacent-to-raid zone where the tryout books were formerly present.
  • Guild instances require an officer from your guild, 12 guild members, and 18 players total in a raid to enter, as well as the requirement of all members in your raid being over level 30.
  • Guild instances have a combat engagement requirement equal to the above. If you do not meet the engage requirement above, players are forced to their bind point on any combat action, including friendly heals.
  • Guild instances have heightened respawn when compared to normal instances. This means that every raid creature may not share the same timer as open-world creatures.
  • If your corpse becomes un-retrievable in a guild instance, fear not: The Graveyard system from Planes of Power is active in these zones, and your corpses will be dispensed every 2 hours to the adjacent zone where the zone-in book is located.
  • Guild instances do not award loot for any other creature than the raid target(s) in question. For the current instances, this is the following:
Nagafen's Lair (Instanced)
  • Lord Nagafen - 7 Days
  • Giants (all) - 24 Hours
Permafrost Caverns (Instanced)
  • Lady Vox - 7 Days
Kedge Keep (Instanced)
  • Phinigel - 24 Hours
Please note that if not otherwise specified, creatures in instances have standard respawn rates and give significantly reduced experience. (virtually nothing)
  • Guild creation has been disabled via petitions until a lockout system has been created for the Guild Instances.
EarthQuake revamp
  • Earthquakes are now scheduled to occur every 3 to 7 days.
  • Earthquakes now have a duration of three (3) hours.
  • Earthquakes no longer have a ruleset. Server Rules 9.x and 10.x are suspended during earthquakes for raid zones. Please assume that if your zone doesn't give a message about NPCs being re-popped, that you have to adhere to rules 9.x and 10.x still.
The current zones considered to be raid zones are:

Permafrost Caverns
Nagafen's Lair
Kedge Keep
  • On an earthquake triggering, everyone in the zone is evacuated to the zone-in to ensure fair competition. If you wish to avoid the evac, position yourself outside of the zone.
  • Earthquake timers are now visible to guild leaders and officers ahead of their trigger time. No more batphones. Typing '#showquake' will allow a guild officer or leader to view the next earthquake time.
  • Earthquakes no longer have guild engage requirements due to the rule 9.x and 10.x suspension during the three hour period, and thus can be pickup grouped.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I dig it. Expand the raid scene while maintaining the group zones and such. Good shit.

Do you plan on keeping this to all raid targets or just the top tier? I know classic doesn’t have medium tier raid targets but curious as this expands over content releases how that will work

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I dig it. Expand the raid scene while maintaining the group zones and such. Good shit.

Do you plan on keeping this to all raid targets or just the top tier? I know classic doesn’t have medium tier raid targets but curious as this expands over content releases how that will work
It'll be expanded to all raid quality targets, even the minis like the ones in Seru, or Drusella in HS.

The only thing this won't target is group tier NPCs. We will avoid group content ever being instanced.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Not gonna say who, but a board member helped me out in CT tonight.

Then i had the best night of EQ ive had in 22 years.

This server is good folks, I apologize for letting a few assholes ruin it for me and then I slandered the rest

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not gonna say who, but a board member helped me out in CT tonight.

Then i had the best night of EQ ive had in 22 years.

This server is good folks, I apologize for letting a few assholes ruin it for me and then I slandered the rest

Did you do a CT dungeon crawl? I remember doing something like that at level 40ish (I think) back in 2000, trying to get the Ravenscale armors in my failed run as a rogue. It took a whole evening and replacing group members as people left, but I got every piece of Ravenscale. It's probably my tip-top memory from the 18 months or so that I played that accursed character.