Pussification in America: Political Correctness is Gay

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
This is beyond out of hand now. I am speechless at some of the "news" stories I read anymore. I feel like the media is the only group that highlights these absurd stories and all it does is make it known that the US isn't as free or forward thinking as we would like to. I see more and more of these kinds of stories every month and it's embarrassing.

School says deaf boy's name sign looks too much like a gun

I honestly thought that was an Onion article at first until I saw the source.

We can use this thread to highlight these ridiculous stories, discuss social issues and be insulted by our non-American posters.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's Nebraska. They didn't go through any *ification process, they've always been like that.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
"I asked: 'In the time it would have taken him to go get a teacher, could that kid's throat have been slit?'

She said yes, but that's beside the point. That we 'don't condone heroics in this school.'

iannis

Musty Nester
It's like the scene in Munchausen where they execute the Hero because he's bad for morale!

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's Nebraska. They didn't go through any *ification process, they've always been like that.
I would think that people in Nebraska would be more the opposite when it came to being opposed to things that look like guns.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Public schools are seriously liberal pussy indoctrination camps. Uniforms in school is a big fucking helping of pc pussification along with the "don't fight back" mentality.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Public schools are seriously liberal pussy indoctrination camps. Uniforms in school is a big fucking helping of pc pussification along with the "don't fight back" mentality.
I've never known in all my years, a private school with less strict dress code than public. By miles.

Hell, most of the department stores around here keep a "school uniform" section year round.... and it's not for the public schools.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
School uniforms have very little to do with liberal pussification. It is about putting the kids in a different mindset. you of all people should know about that, Marine.

I cannot fucking believe the kid got in trouble for standing up to the bully with the knife. That is fucking crazy. This whole "zero tolerance" culture is beyond fucking stupid. If my kid did that, I would make sure he knew that he did the right thing.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
This whole "zero tolerance" culture is beyond fucking stupid.
This. This. THIS.

It's stupid for drug arrests, its stupid in schools. It's what happens when a government is more concerned with making a million laws then figuring out how to enforce them.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
That's exactly it. Our government/culture likes to look at every issue as if it is black-and-white. Zero Tolerance & No Excuse. It's such a limited view. Our lives are much more complex than that.

Falmer_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_27984.png

rrr_img_27984.png

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Grand Island is also the "Round up all them thar DREAMERS and cart em to INS" city-ordinance passers a few years ago, so I'm pretty sure any political-correctness pussification occurring in town is counteracted by red-blooded (and necked) Real American virtues.

I live in Nebraska; have my entire life (outside of 2 years in Colorado). A lot of people push the use of politically correct speech, and most people are extremely polite. "Causing waves" is highly frowned upon. However, it's not because Nebraska is secretly liberal or anything. It's because Nebraska is a state entirely comprised of passive aggressive backstabbing shitheads whose entire social construct relies on being outwardly polite, caring, and happy, whilst inwardly deciding exactly how they are going to try to drag you down (or, in the case of minorities, drag you up the nearest pole; or for homosexuals, behind their truck).

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A lot of people push the use of politically correct speech, and most people are extremely polite. "Causing waves" is highly frowned upon. However, it's not because Nebraska is secretly liberal or anything. It's because Nebraska is a state entirely comprised of passive aggressive backstabbing shitheads whose entire social construct relies on being outwardly polite, caring, and happy, whilst inwardly deciding exactly how they are going to try to drag you down (or, in the case of minorities, drag you up the nearest pole; or for homosexuals, behind their truck).
Also known as: the entire midwest.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
No, that really is a Midwest thing. The overly polite and nice attitude is really a front. It's very passive-aggressive.

The Midwest does tend to be more PC than other parts of the country partly due to how homogeneous it is. Minority jokes tend to be in poor taste when there are no minorities there to take them in stride.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Kids cant play tag anymore because they are not allowed to touch eachother. True story.

A girl got in trouble in kindergarden for giving out hugs. This happened a few yrs ago. My son was in her class and told us about it.

My 8yr old kids principal called last week because he said "bitch" to another kid on the playground. She actually "investigated" this event by calling in other kids to her office and asking them if he really said it. I guess that must of been the "big thing" that happened at the school last week. ROFL She told my wife its all the violent video games hes playing.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
My nephew's schools texts my sister at least once a week about a school lockdown due to a security threat...usually another school in district but not hers, but still a hair-raising text to get...every week. Suspicious homeless guy: Lockdown. Car parked in school lot: Lockdown.

She tells me my nephew doesn't get graded on actual learning...he gets assigned colors based on his behavior for the week. Yay, behavior modification, boo actual learning!

I don't have children, so get to be the bad uncle and not be a part of this wonderful system we're creating; I understand I could be totally off about it, but hearing these stories just blows my mind.