TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Octopussy (1983)

Tagline: Nobody does it better.

Genre: Adventure, Action, Thriller

Director: John Glen

Cast: Roger Moore, Maud Adams, Louis Jourdan, Kristina Wayborn, Kabir Bedi, Steven Berkoff, David Meyer, Tony Meyer, Desmond Llewelyn, Robert Brown, Lois Maxwell, Michaela Clavell, Walter Gotell, Vijay Amritraj, Albert Moses, Geoffrey Keen, Douglas Wilmer, Andy Bradford, Philip Voss, Bruce Boa, Richard LeParmentier, Paul Hardwick, Suzanne Jerome, Cherry Gillespie, Dermot Crowley, Peter Porteous, Eva Rueber-Staier, Jeremy Bulloch, Tina Hudson, William Derrick, Stuart Saunders, Patrick Barr, Gabor Vernon, Hugo Bower, Ken Norris, Tony Arjuna, Gertan Klauber, Brenda Cowling, David Grahame, Brian Coburn, Michael Halphie, Mary Stavin, Carolyn Seaward, Carole Ashby, Cheryl Anne, Jani-Z, Julie Martin, Joni Flynn, Julie Barth, Kathy Davies, Helene Hunt, Gillian De Terville, Safira Afzal, Louise King, Tina Robinson, Alison Worth, Janine Andrews, Lynda Knight, Susanne Dando, Teresa Draddock, Kirsten Harrison, Christine Cullers, Lisa Jackman, Jane Aldridge, Christine Gibson, Tracy Llewellyn, Ruth Flynn, Roberto Germains, Richard Graydon, The Hassani Troupe, The Flying Cherokees, Carol Richter, Josef Richter, Vera Fossett, Shirley Fossett, Barrie Winship, Ravinder Singh Reyett, Gurdial Sira, Michael Moor, Sven Surtees, Peter Edmund, Ray Charles, Talib Johnny

Release: 1983-06-05

Runtime: 131

Plot: James Bond is sent to investigate after a fellow “00” agent is found dead with a priceless Farberge egg. James bond follows the mystery and uncovers a smuggling scandal and a Russian General who wants to provoke a new World War.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
He's not my favorite Bond, actually he's pretty much my least favorite...but he's the James Bond I grew up with in the late 70's and 80's as a teen.

I remember watching reruns of The Saint as a kid, I loved him in that.

He shall be missed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brad2770

The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker were the ones I watched the most. I loved Jaws because he was in Cannonball Run II.

Too bad it couldn't have been Michael Moore.

• 1Like

Archdruid Archeron

the Site Surgeon
<Granularity Engineer>
Rest in peace, Sir Roger.

If you fancy coming back for a visit, feel free to attempt reentry.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
he was no Sean Connery, but as was said, he was the Bond i grew up with and he was a lot of fun. ditto Canonball Run.
RIP

• 1Solidarity

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
As a kid I loved Roger Moore's Bond, yeah it was cheesy looking back at it, but at the time to me he WAS Bond. I enjoyed all of his Bond flicks really. RIP

gak

<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the entertainment, Moore and Connery I liked the best.

b_0007.jpg

• 2Solidarity

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
He had the hottest of the Bond Chicks during his run.

latest?cb=20131128073921

melina-havelock.jpg

3400907600000578-0-image-a-35_1462880411487.jpg

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
You guys are old, I grew up with Brosnan and I'm 30.

In the Dalton Brosnan interlude I loved Moonraker and Man with the Golden Gun though.

You only live twice is the best bond movie.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You guys are old, I grew up with Brosnan and I'm 30.

In the Dalton Brosnan interlude I loved Moonraker and Man with the Golden Gun though.

You only live twice is the best bond movie.
Same here...

Rip Sir Roger

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Moore's Bond had the best opening credit songs. For Your Eyes Only, The Spy Who Loved Me and A View To A Kill are instant classics.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He had the hottest of the Bond Chicks during his run.

I'm partial to Caterina Murino. I think of the international/ethnic bond girls she was the best one and I wished she had just a few more scenes and that bond eventually hit it, but the plot didn't allow for it.

And since its a fair comparison within the same ethnic group, I think she absolutely starches a prime Monica Bellucci without any effort, if not by body alone without even getting to the face.

There are only a few girls that could cause a traffic accident, and she is definitely one of them.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
How you skipped Live and Let Die I'll never know.
i didnt skip it, i said Moore had the best Bond movie songs. i didnt say he had all the best songs. Moore has 3 classics, connery has 1 and everyone else has none. moore had the best.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Dalton was the afraid of AIDS Bond. He only shook hands with the girls, the last one living at the end got a forehead kiss.

The Dalton movies need to be erased like they did with all the racist Bugs Bunny cartoons. (Erasing those BBs pissed me off tho.)

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database