RAW File system in External hard drive

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
long story short, my 4 terabyte external HD took a shit because the microcircuit board between the power adapter and usb cords and the drive itself was fried.

so i ripped it out of the enclosure and connected it to my desktop only to discover that it can't be read because its somehow now in RAW format.

i've been looking online for a few hours now, trying different solutions, etc., with little luck. anyone know how i can get my data off the drive without having to have every file renamed to file001 through file120163 or shelling out $80 for some data recovery program?

the drive is a 4 terabyte seagate, my machine is a win8 desktop. this data is very important to me, its all the spy info i collected in america in last 20+ years

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I had the same thing happen (minus the spy shit, traitorous scum) and used this:TestDisk - CGSecurityand it rebuilt the partition and made shit work. If that doesn't work, shell out the money for Spinrite and pray.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
easeus is the app that offered to save all my files by renaming them into file001 to file120613

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
I ended up buying a USB/SATA adapter this morning. Hopefully it works. All the programs you guys mentioned did not work or wanted like $80. TestDisk was still showing all my files there, properly named, etc. so I think I'm still good.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Why not buy the exact same external drive. Open it and replace with your old one.