Reacher

velk

Trakanon Raider
Don't wait up for the nudity, it may be 90's actions (mostly, as someone said earlier, last action set piece is kinda weak, series seemed to be running out of budget/steam at that point) but it's 2020 nudity.

What do you mean? I was expecting tranny dick and dimly lit long distance side boob from this description, not A+ nudity from the main chick plus gratuitous strip bar scenes.

Sure, it's not Spartacus, but what is?

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
What do you mean? I was expecting tranny dick and dimly lit long distance side boob from this description, not A+ nudity from the main chick plus gratuitous strip bar scenes.

Sure, it's not Spartacus, but what is?
If that is your idea of "A+" and "gratuitous", <sad clown face>. I was going to say it's basic cable bullshit, but wasn't Spartacus on basic cable? Fake Edit: It was on STARZ, rather.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Finally finished, crowbar fight was bad. The fight scenes in the early episodes were great but definitely went down hill last couple episodes

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally finished, crowbar fight was bad. The fight scenes in the early episodes were great but definitely went down hill last couple episodes
The crowbar fight was stupid.

I do not care how big and muscular you are, if you get hit with a crowbar it is going to hurt a lot. The icing on the stupid cake was after the fight when he took off his shirt and had no bruising at all. Half his upper body would have been fucked up after that crowbar fight. A paint ball at 100 fps from 30 feet away leaves a good mark. a Crow bar point blank range would potentially fracture bones and leave welts.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This show is decent but oof is the dialogue bad in some parts

Sanrith Descartes

Von Clippowicz
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I liked it. One thing that struck me is he seemed to have studied Cruise's speech patterns in the movies. He reminded me of how Cruise spoke which was a good thing in my opinion.

Yes it had some weak points but the good overshadowed the bad. I liked Roscoe, she reminded me of a cleaned up version of Ruth from Ozark. Take no shit woman. First impression of Neely was "oh, no gotta have a diversity character", but she ended up not sucking.

8/10

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Neagley is going to be the other reoccurring character besides Reacher. She wasn't in the Killing Floor book.

Lee Childs said that he really liked what they did to flesh out Roscoe and Finlay. They don't do nearly as much as the first book was written in Reacher's first person.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I liked it. One thing that struck me is he seemed to have studied Cruise's speech patterns in the movies. He reminded me of how Cruise spoke which was a good thing in my opinion.

Yes it had some weak points but the good overshadowed the bad. I liked Roscoe, she reminded me of a cleaned up version of Ruth from Ozark. Take no shit woman. First impression of Neely was "oh, no gotta have a diversity character", but she ended up not sucking.

8/10

You mean his delivery? That could be the writers as well with a little bit of direction. Doubt he made the choice on his own to deliver the same as Cruise. Cruise is known for the way he punctuates. Basically just plays Tom Cruise in every movie because of it.

• 2Like

Homsar

Finlay definitely became much more enjoyable the final episodes, the one thing that sucks about these shows is you finally like a character and you won't see them again

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I am only 2 EPs in, sure reminds me of Banshee minus the titties and fucking and constant violence

• 2Like

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This was a good interview, and it explains the declining quality of the fight scenes in the back half. Among other things, he tore an oblique and injured his shoulder to the point of requiring surgery after filming wrapped.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Finished it today. The last fight was just bad. It's been a few years since I read the book but I don't recall the fights being so hokey. I seem to recall Reacher just cut through people like a scythe through grain.

Homsar

Finished it today. The last fight was just bad. It's been a few years since I read the book but I don't recall the fights being so hokey. I seem to recall Reacher just cut through people like a scythe through grain.
The shootout was really dumb, everyone was standing out it the open. Also reacher should never had an issue with the small fucker with a crow bar

• 2Solidarity

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Kristen Kreuk looks pretty hammered after getting a NXVIM brand next to her cooter.

• 2Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
I cant be the only person watching this and seeing him flickering back and forth between Reacher and Thad every few minutes, sometimes in the same scene. I dont know if they are trying to inject subtle humor or if his Thadness is closer to his real self and his acting chops are weak.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The acting chops of everyone in this show are pretty weak. It's just a pretty cheesy popcorn flick type of show. The kind of show you just need to shut your brain off and enjoy the action.

The problem though, as many have stated here already, is the drastic decline in action quality in the last few episodes.

I think the parallel drawn to Banshee a few posts back is spot on, but banshee was just better. I'll watch S2, but it does need to tighten up on the acting and dialogue for me to continue being interested past that.

• 2Like

Homsar

Banshee is a very dark show, Its definitely not meant for people that liked Reacher.

Also Richardson getting hurt makes sense, he was going all in on stuff and breaking your body on something like this you can't pause production like Tom Cruise

first episode fight was so much better that any other fight

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Upside is the miny Blonde Cop did absolutely nothing for me bonerwise ... until she literally put her hair down and later took her pants off in the motel room. Then I got on board.

Cop uniforms on chick are so fucking unflattering in every way. They look sexier in a burlap sack.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Homsar

Her personality make sense, she knows she's a tiny blonde and for the most part wins every fight staying away from close combat and keeps distance. That is real.

Thinking you can win I fight weighing 120 vs a 180/200 male is so dumb.

Leg checking most/if not all females is so easy

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user